The Falkirk FC Thread

Why does he hope its not 2.30??

Remember we are run by a committee appointed by MR .For that reason there will be no quick knee jerk appointment .They will need to convene re convene debate pontificate and yet again make a c--t of it!
The only determining factor is we need a winner .Nobody who was sacked including McIntyre irrespective of their excuses. Hopkin stands out but I'd be surprised if he takes it.
A double promotion on a low budget certain types can change the collective mentality of the group . This board has continually backed losers on the way down after being sacked.The problem with a committee leadership is they won't make a brave move and back themselves to get it right. I hope I'm wrong and Hopkin is appointed.

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

There’s the stuff that goes through the books, and then there’s the stuff that doesn’t.

Its still less than our budget though. Might be bigger than its supposed to be but its no as big as ours.  Their squad is full of ex crims and guys signed from part time clubs.  Their hardly going to be paying them a fortune. 

Just now, Stainrod said:

Remember we are run by a committee appointed by MR .For that reason there will be no quick knee jerk appointment .They will need to convene re convene debate pontificate and yet again make a c--t of it!
The only determining factor is we need a winner .Nobody who was sacked including McIntyre irrespective of their excuses. Hopkin stands out but I'd be surprised if he takes it.
A double promotion on a low budget certain types can change the collective mentality of the group . This board has continually backed losers on the way down after being sacked.The problem with a committee leadership is they won't make a brave move and back themselves to get it right. I hope I'm wrong and Hopkin is appointed.

Surely even our board realise they need someone in pronto if we're to get any players in or out the door. 

7 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Apart from the fact they just sacked Hartley after 3 games.

11 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

So, basically Hopkin or someone who's never been a manager. 

Please let it be Kenny Miller :D:D:D 

He's absolutely done as a player, but he says he intends to play to 45 :D He'll make you play tippy tappy possession based football with no end product. Especially with Dylan fucking Mackin up front. All while he's dropping deep and taking the ball of your CBs as a striker.

If you get Hoppy you lot go up this season via playoffs, not even kidding. Be ready to see big old school Brexit ball though. You'll learn to love the big challenges and nonsense defending. 

Or you get someone like Hughes and McIntyre and I have no idea

Definitely trawling through a random clubs thread back to June to find optimistic fans views at pre-season. Good god in Govan.
You may have found mine where I was terrified with the reviews of all signings and got slaughtered for it. :unsure2:
Tbf there was a few who were unsure, round about the time the boy from Hartlepool signed? Who questioned the signing when Hartlepool fans were slaughtering the guy.
However its done now and it will be interesting to see who comes in and more so, how they go about changing things.

Just wondering actually do you think our bod are even  aware that the rules regarding emergency loans have changed?  Knowing our crew they'll not have a scooby and will think there's no rush at all.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Serious question(s); is Hartley still the Don? Are all these youngsters from down south still fresh and exciting talent? Are you enjoying all those goals scored/points for being so sexy?

48 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Always thought it was interesting that Hartley never applied for the job. The board approached him.

Name on the list I liked most was Gary Caldwell. Doubt he'd take it but could be an interesting appointment.

He was in for it with us, Gavin Skelton a shout maybe? 

Couldn't recommend Gregg Ryder more though, was my first choice for the Livi job but don't think he'd get a look in

29 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Tbf there was a few who were unsure, round about the time the boy from Hartlepool signed? Who questioned the signing when Hartlepool fans were slaughtering the guy.
However its done now and it will be interesting to see who comes in and more so, how they go about changing things.

I was a bit slow to the uptake but my first "uh oh" moment was speaking to a couple of Mwell fans about Petra. 

They could nt believe we'd signed him, and said he was comically bad. 

I chose to believe he was maybe not quite ready for the top league and could do a job for us. Urgh 

Just now, smpar said:

Serious question(s); is Hartley still the Don? Are all these youngsters from down south still fresh and exciting talent? Are you enjoying all those goals scored/points for being so sexy?

Hartleys worst crime of all was to decimate the ranks of sexy b*****ds with this (although i think Greenwood might actually be a player)

Image result for paul paton

Image result for rees greenwood