The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Under lockdown people are getting really bored but thrusting newspapers come on. Can we not keep the politics shite to where it belongs and stick to fitbaw. Bad enough all that shite when you turn on the telly.

Fair point ! but it will wind up Dawson Park Boy,  exception due to the subject matter ? go on ! you know it makes sense.

Stay Safe.

51 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

No chance Daily Mail man

Correct plus the Telegraph plus the Sun for sport.

To recap, I did NOT bring politics into this. I was only responding to a taunt.

Anyway, it’s much more interesting being in the minority especially when you assess the calibre of the majority!!

Change of tack for a sunny Saturday afternoon. Chance for the forum to share a great football moment that means a lot to them.

Greatest team goal you have seen ( includes games seen on TV ) together with the reason you chose it.

Me first.

Carlos Alberto World Cup Final Brazil v Italy 1970.

20 odd seconds of team genius, skill , understanding and vision. Centre half gets the ball on the left just outside the penalty box. Walks the ball round 3 players and passes it out wide left. Played inside then back out wide into space in the opposition half for the overlap runner to pick it up. Played into the centre outside but in line of the penalty spot. Pele takes the ball past his marker, looks round and holds the ball for a few seconds to draw the player from the right into him. Passes the ball along the ground into the space behind him. Carlos Alberto arrives without breaking stride at the edge of the box and side foots it with pace and accuracy into the left of the goal.

Wow ! what a goal - what a team.

4 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

And the SNP in Scotland which has autonomy in Scotland on health. Yes.

I note the papers are reporting that the Premier League will be back in a few weeks time.

4 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

The papers also reported that Freddie Starr ate a hamster.

Papers are for morons.

#WillChristmasBeCancelled 🤦‍♀️

Point proven.

Edited by kiddy

16 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Look, the money was paid about 8months ago with no expectation of ever receiving a refund.

Id agree with you if they were being asked to cough up now to help the club. Obviously, some folks would struggle but to argue for a refund under these circumstances is just mad.

But, hey, most SNP policies are mad.

And the SNP in Scotland which has autonomy in Scotland on health. Yes.

I note the papers are reporting that the Premier League will be back in a few weeks time.

Dawson Park Boy, this just shows your standards, lower than the floor. To bring politics in to it, with a cheap dig, just shows whom you are. a Twat

Edited by Rufus

5 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:
3 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Correct plus the Telegraph plus the Sun for sport.

To recap, I did NOT bring politics into this. I was only responding to a taunt.

Anyway, it’s much more interesting being in the minority especially when you assess the calibre of the majority!!

Yes you did, your were the first to mention the SNP, although I am not a supporter, I do think their performance on the current situation has been pretty good. 

so you are not just a twat, but a back tracking lie twat

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

BBC reporting that UK government will be holding talks with sporting bodies regarding restarting behind closed doors.

Correctly, they want to boost morale.

Something you lot are sadly lacking.

Wee Burney has definitely got to you!

scientific-fact-dogs-get-more-information-from-sniffing-another-dogs-61281714 (2).jpg

Its beyond doubt that theres increasing momentum for getting sport back on the go along side various other aspects of life.

But despite the rage it will cause up here, the EPL can afford to get football back on in ways we could only dream of. They will move heaven and earth with no cost too great to get matches on the tv.

Asking a 300k a week guy to isolate/test/train and play alongside his team mates is a bit more realistic than asking a part timer up here

Kiddy, 

You are right. 2 years ago I was in Asia and the BBC World Service was reporting on a new Europe trade deal with Asia. The BBC stated that is was nothing and does not effect anything or any business in the UK, Even a quote from Liam Fox. Then went on to discuss how great the Brexit was doing and how great it was.

I switched over to Asia today to get their view. Opposite could be claimed. They went to an in depth report of how this deal would result in car plants being transferring work from UK to Europe, Banks transferring dealings to Europe, Airlines having to have license and offices in Europe. 

What has happened, 

Swindon, closed, Vauxhall reducing work load in their plant north London to France. Ford transferring engines to Europe

Easy jet moving staff from Luton to Belgium

Banks centering deals in Frankfurt, Paris and Brussels rather that London. Part of keep Scotland in Europe, similar to Gilbrater and Isle of Man, but Westminster says it cant work was to have these deals done in Edinburgh so to keep the jobs in the UK .

Anyway this board should keep to Falkirk and the football, every so often a poster with a blinkered view keeps bring politics in to it with a daft / wrong statement. Some of them think that the NHS fund raising is great, but the NHS should be funded by Government, but these guys want to reduce the public funding and keep the money going to the few.  

3 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Politics was brought in to it by the poster before me - Reggie Perrin.

Please check your facts.

he called to a Tory, which is the same as myself calling you a twat. 

Get back to the football chat

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Definitely didn’t look that modern when I used to sit in that stand every second week....

But what an atmosphere. Been in most stands in Scottish Football but Brockville was a class apart as the most intimidating stand in Scotland.

The guys in the enclosure banging the wire grating at the opposition dressing room and the cat calling through it. The run out to the park just an arm reach away. The drumming of the feet was like a train coming toward you and one voice could be heard all over the park. Walking the gauntlet in and out the park for the opposition players and FFC directors sometimes. Taunting the opposition managers bench non stop for 90 minutes.

You had to experience it to get a true reflection of how it felt. Sadly it will be a memory that in time that will be lost for good.

If they do build the 4th stand thy could do a lot worse than replicate it in modern materials

Bags Section B. Row H. Seat 53.

Dennon Lewis laying into yourselves on some social media site according to my Mrs. She asked who he was and I explained. Could someone post me a pic of that Gif where he showed his heart of a pea attitude by completely failing to go for the ball?

Dennon Lewis laying into yourselves on some social media site according to my Mrs. She asked who he was and I explained. Could someone post me a pic of that Gif where he showed his heart of a pea attitude by completely failing to go for the ball?
Apologies for the link to the Sun but this is hilarious.

GIRFUY Dennon

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/5518603/love-island-dennon-lewis-falkirk-instagram-live/

Apologies for the link to the Sun but this is hilarious.

GIRFUY Dennon

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/5518603/love-island-dennon-lewis-falkirk-instagram-live/

This was the w****r that we were all being asked to feel sorry for after the racist abuse incident that never was. Indeed the whinging p***k carried on about how low he felt about the incident.

One of the worst players and biggest wasters ever to play for the club, and I wish him all the best in his ongoing pursuit of failure.....