The Falkirk FC Thread

24 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Can confirm he was definitely a holding midfielder for us.

To be honest, I’d be really happy for the guy, if Ray ended up at Falkirk. Whilst I’d be, naturally, a wee disappointed if he went to a club in the same league, I’d be delighted at him getting something sorted at an established full-time side. I really can’t understate how big a loss he’ll be for us. Shame we could only offer him peanuts as, from what I’d heard, he was originally happy to extend his contract. He really is a Rolls Royce of a midfielder, hardly breaks a sweat yet is always in the right place. Keeps the ball very well too. Really nice guy into the bargain too. Did a lot of coaching in the community for us and was always happy to attend supporters events and have a chat with the fans. A beautiful set of locks too.

Did he ever play in a more forward/creative role and, if so, was he any good?

7 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Did he ever play in a more forward/creative role and, if so, was he any good?

Not that I can recall. He normally had any given combination Chris McStay, John Rankin or Mark Lamont in front of him so was always the holding midfielder. Was always very good, mind you.

ETA: Can only comment on what I watched in the three games last year but he would be an upgrade on Gomis.

Edited by Scott-Replay

2 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Not that I can recall. He normally had any given combination Chris McStay, John Rankin or Mark Lamont in front of him so was always the holding midfielder. Was always very good, mind you.

ETA: Can only comment on what I watched in the three games last year but he would be an upgrade on Gomis.

Problem is that we have Gary Miller, who's just been made captain, as our 1st choice defensive mid and Gomis, who's had his contract extended as back-up. Can't see why we would go for another holding player that being the case much as I'd like to see it. 

On the other hand we have Telfer re-signed, which is a bit of a mystery, along with the relatively untried Leitch and Todd and young Laverty as attacking-mid options so we could certainly do with more options in that area, finances permitting.

Just now, ShaggerG said:

Problem is that we have Gary Miller, who's just been made captain, as our 1st choice defensive mid and Gomis, who's had his contract extended as back-up. Can't see why we would go for another holding player that being the case much as I'd like to see it. 

On the other hand we have Telfer re-signed, which is a bit of a mystery, along with the relatively untried Leitch and Todd and young Laverty as attacking-mid options so we could certainly do with more options in that area, finances permitting.

Don’t think we are signing him.

Right all you effin' tedious nuggets out there (you know who you are, Sgt Wilson, Random Guy, The Moonster, the Morten Morons + various others), I am sick of you all infesting / trolling on this thread with your inane drivel so from now on, unless you have something constructive and relevant to contribute, it is PAY-PER-VIEW. A quid a post to non-Falkirk fans.

Either pony up or f*ck off.

Mods, make it happen, please, please, please.

(other teams fans are welcome to impose / levy the same restrictions on their threads).

#boxofficebairns

P.S. Not keen on the "ignore" option, it shouldn't be required.

Television: Time for Pay-per-View? - FeedMuster

35 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Concerns me that we may end up with the same shambles that occurred in hughes's  first full season in charge with hundreds of midfielders signed and feck all else. Squad needs to be balanced .

30 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Right all you effin' tedious nuggets out there (you know who you are, Sgt Wilson, Random Guy, The Moonster, the Morten Morons + various others), I am sick of you all infesting / trolling on this thread with your inane drivel so from now on, unless you have something constructive and relevant to contribute, it is PAY-PER-VIEW. A quid a post to non-Falkirk fans.

Either pony up or f*ck off.

Mods, make it happen, please, please, please.

(other teams fans are welcome to impose / levy the same restrictions on their threads).

#boxofficebairns

P.S. Not keen on the "ignore" option, it shouldn't be required.

Television: Time for Pay-per-View? - FeedMuster

How to minter.

21 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Concerns me that we may end up with the same shambles that occurred in hughes's  first full season in charge with hundreds of midfielders signed and feck all else. Squad needs to be balanced .

Quite agree.

We definitely need another CD, striker and back-up goalie so I hope they don't neglect those areas in favour of signing more midfielders. Having said that, if the money was there, I'd be happy to see the likes of Grant coming in, in order to build for the future as neither Miller or Gomis are getting any younger.

With the virus likely to make a comeback, the decisions to be made with regard to finance are going to be very difficult.

6 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I've got the fear Telfer's going to be played at RW

I keep telling myself the fact he's number 21 on our website means he'll be used sparingly as a sub, it helps me through said fear.

Edited by FFC 1876

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Fasan is the worst full time footballer I've ever seen. He was literally worth more than a goal a game to the opposition on average due to horrific errors. I think we could've played an outfield player in goals and we'd probably have seen less mistakes directly leading to goals.

think back to Ayr Untied when we were coasting with being 2 nil up only to get beat 3 -2 how the f**k he got a game after that calamity i will never know let alone first choice.

2 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

think back to Ayr Untied when we were coasting with being 2 nil up only to get beat 3 -2 how the f**k he got a game after that calamity i will never know let alone first choice.

Yip. He was at fault for all three goals.

I genuinely dont like launching abuse at Falkirk players. I have loathed a few over the years but always had a degree of sympathy for them or whatever. I dont think I can watch Telfer and get behind him though. Genuinely think it's a joke that he is still here. Would think that if he was under contract, but to have actually offered him a new one rather than saying thanks and bye.... Fucking hell.

Never thought Charlie Telfer would be the alter at which I'd have to sacrifice my love for Lee Miller but another incident like the Raith game on top if being a cowardly non entity for another season will probably do it for me.

The absolute best I can say for Telfer is that I am willing to hold it in and see if he tips up this season with a better attitude, but will be inwardly seething as soon as he takes the field.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I genuinely dont like launching abuse at Falkirk players. I have loathed a few over the years but always had a degree of sympathy for them or whatever. I dont think I can watch Telfer and get behind him though. Genuinely think it's a joke that he is still here. Would think that if he was under contract, but to have actually offered him a new one rather than saying thanks and bye.... Fucking hell.

Never thought Charlie Telfer would be the alter at which I'd have to sacrifice my love for Lee Miller but another incident like the Raith game on top if being a cowardly non entity for another season will probably do it for me.

The absolute best I can say for Telfer is that I am willing to hold it in and see if he tips up this season with a better attitude, but will be inwardly seething as soon as he takes the field.

Surely he has to think if this season goes badly it's his last in full time football, that's the only thing I can cling onto to think he might come back a different player.