The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I am exactly the same, no love at all for either of the ugly sisters but the Rangers fans attitude just now makes me despise them more than the rest. It's like they have forgotten the past 9 years.

Acht come on. It must be exciting being on the brink of winning your first major trophy... 

8 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Was Alex Smith that got the new manager bounce after Houston.  

Reminds me of the time Alan Pardew took over from Gary Megson who had been in temporary charge of West Brom for 2 games when he got 2 draws .Pardew accused Megson of denying him his "new manager bounce" !! 😂

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Haven't got a clue but McCann and Hopkin would be two that I certainly wouldn't want.

No, I don't provide the nuggets, I leave that to others. I'd be interested to hear a few of your examples from the array though.  

Really don’t understand your stance. Utterly disregard people but not offer any names yourself. Seems very negative. I would go someone who knows the Scottish game within our budget (obviously) so yeah, probably ones from the managerial merry-go-round.

Jim McIntyre seems a good shout. Mark Kerr has served an apprenticeship and is doing okay, maybe him?

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Although I'm retired now I mainly worked in Glasgow during the decades when Rangers were the dominant force in Scotland. 

And my hatred for the club stems from the people I met back in those days. 

As a very rough generalisation, the Celtic fans I knew were ordinary folk. Whereas a lot of the Rangers fans were guys who were as thick as shit and whose job was to sweep the floors and clean the toilet. They were right at the bottom of the intellectual and evolutionary scale.  

But they thought they were special. Because they supported the Rainjurs. And if Ally McCoist scored against us on Saturday you could be sure they would always make a point of passing my desk on a Monday morning to remind me that they were The Peepul. 

Nowadays the gloryhunters have probably been following Celtic for the last decade or so. But as I don't know many of their lowlifes they don't bother me so much. 

Sorry for taking the thread away from Falkirk. But it's surely better than reading about suggestions of Neil McCann for manager? 

Big team found.

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

And some wonder why I don’t want us to rush to make a change. This feels like Hartley and McKinnon yet again.....

The appointment of Hartley was the correct decision at the time. As was the decision to punt him.

And some wonder why I don’t want us to rush to make a change. This feels like Hartley and McKinnon yet again.....

Yep, with essentially the same gene pool making the calls...that’s the bit that’s more worrying than actual change.

13 minutes ago, Gaz said:

The appointment of Hartley was the correct decision at the time. As was the decision to punt him.

I’d say that whether he was the right appointment was highly open to debate.

a. He was an alleged arsehole with the people he was managing

b. He didn’t even look at the players he signed.

c. Several Dundee fans pointed out at the very beginning he had a poor signing record.

Explain how that makes him the right appointment?

Yep, with essentially the same gene pool making the calls...that’s the bit that’s more worrying than actual change.

Yes, after Hartley’s appointment despite concerns, the mess up with McKinnon’s appointment, the lack of due diligence on who we nearly ended up with as an owner, I’m highly concerned if we rush into a change based on blind panic which is what it feels like at the moment.....

15 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I’d say that whether he was the right appointment was highly open to debate.

a. He was an alleged arsehole with the people he was managing

b. He didn’t even look at the players he signed.

c. Several Dundee fans pointed out at the very beginning he had a poor signing record.

Explain how that makes him the right appointment?

He'd taken Alloa from the third division to the first division in two season. He'd won the first division with Dundee. He'd taken them to top 6. The rest of your stuff is just conjecture. You are always going to get fans who claim their manager had a poor signing record. His behaviour was alleged. Whether or not he looked at the players is / was up for debate, but it was plainly obvious that whatever his system was, it worked.

The facts are that the decision to appoint Hartley was a sensible decision, and this was borne out by an immediate upturn in form with the same squad as Houston up to January and then an even better upturn in form from January to the end of the season.

The first few weeks of 18/19 were horrific, and the BOD made the correct decision to punt him (as was pointed out to you earlier, the BOD making early decision was very much not the norm, despite what you had claimed).

I appreciate you and I are never going to agree on this but it can't be denied that he barely put a foot wrong between October '17 and May '18.

Edited by Gaz

He'd taken Alloa from the third division to the first division in two season. He'd won the first division with Dundee. He'd taken them to top 6. The rest of your stuff is just conjecture. You are always going to get fans who claim their manager had a poor signing record. His behaviour was alleged. Whether or not he looked at the players is / was up for debate, but it was plainly obvious that whatever his system was, it worked.
The facts are that the decision to appoint Hartley was a sensible decision, and this was borne out by an immediate upturn in form with the same squad as Houston up to January and then an even better upturn in form from January to the end of the season.
The first few weeks of 18/19 were horrific, and the BOD made the correct decision to punt him (as was pointed out to you earlier, the BOD making early decision was very much not the norm, despite what you had claimed), but it can't be denied that he didn't put a foot wrong between October '17 and May '18.

Quite simply, whether he looked at the players or whether he didn’t, he was responsible for signing the worst set of duffers in living memory.
He clearly was not the right answer for FFC....

Just now, roman_bairn said:

Quite simply, whether he looked at the players or whether he didn’t, he was responsible for signing the worst set of duffers in living memory.
He clearly was not the right answer for FFC....

But that set of duffers came in July 2018. Nine months after he became our manager.

At the time of his appointment, it was an absolutely sensible appointment.

3 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I am exactly the same, no love at all for either of the ugly sisters but the Rangers fans attitude just now makes me despise them more than the rest. It's like they have forgotten the past 9 years.

Mate, they pretend their club didn't die, so their grasp on reality is tenuous at best.