The Falkirk FC Thread

Vigurs is a good signing for them but Draper's not. Hartley's packing out the centre of the park to try steamroller the league. 

Fyvie, Yule, Scully, Vigurs and Draper now all signed for this season. Fyvie dictates games so him and Vigurs with one of Scully/Yule will be their midfield three.

If anything Megginson showed last season what a difference a competent striker who makes himself a nuisance can make. Reminded me of Mcmanus single handedly pulling us up the league two seasons ago.

I think we're still following our formula of failure at the moment, the signings aren't great. You've got to give Sheerin an opportunity, but he's not going to have much to work with. 

1 minute ago, MS RR said:

I think we're still following our formula of failure at the moment, the signings aren't great. You've got to give Sheerin an opportunity, but he's not going to have much to work with. 

We've got two competent attacking full backs, no longer have Mark Durnan and we seem to have recruited a bit more creativity in Nesbitt and Mcguffie. Mckay's the only signing i'm disappointed with so far which in actual fact isn't that fair on him considering he's not even touched a ball in a Falkirk shirt. Still plenty of signings to be made so I'm not getting the negativity around our squad just now.

Aside from Ben Hall you are allowed to be negative about him as he's shite.

Just now, FFC 1876 said:

We've got two competent attacking full backs, no longer have Mark Durnan and we seem to have recruited a bit more creativity in Nesbitt and Mcguffie. Mckay's the only signing i'm disappointed with so far which in actual fact isn't that fair on him considering he's not even touched a ball in a Falkirk shirt. Still plenty of signings to be made so I'm not getting the negativity around our squad just now.

Do you really think Mcguffie and Nesbitt are positive signings? These are the type of signings we've made for the last few years and ended up releasing these players after a year. Buying average players from Morton is not going to work in my opinion. 

Lot of mibbae signings  like nisbett and mcguffie. I'd have thought after Buchanan, tidser and McKinnon we'd have stayed well clear of players from Morton but it seems we are gluttons for punishment.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

6 minutes ago, MS RR said:

Do you really think Mcguffie and Nesbitt are positive signings? These are the type of signings we've made for the last few years and ended up releasing these players after a year. Buying average players from Morton is not going to work in my opinion. 

I agree. McGuffie and Nesbitt look bang average at best and I will be very surprised if either contribute much this season.

12 minutes ago, MS RR said:

There's no doubt Nesbitt's regressed but in his first stint at Morton he was one of the best players in the championship that season. Looked a right talent at Celtic previous to that as well so he's got it in him we just need to get the best out of him like we did with Telfer last season. Think he's going to be very much like Morrison in that he has no problem going by a player he just needs to work on his final product. Which is why he's signing with us and not moving upwards. 

Mcguffie I don't know much about but at 23 he's not coming here for his last pay day he's got to kick on or he'll be playing part time football next. 

We've still most likely got at least another 5 signings to be made so we'll see what kind of squad we're looking at come the start of the season. Definitely still need some more quality in but baring in mind where we are as a club right now it's not going to be easy to convince that quality to come play with us. 

11 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

There's no doubt Nesbitt's regressed but in his first stint at Morton he was one of the best players in the championship that season. Looked a right talent at Celtic previous to that as well so he's got it in him we just need to get the best out of him like we did with Telfer last season. Think he's going to be very much like Morrison in that he has no problem going by a player he just needs to work on his final product. Which is why he's signing with us and not moving upwards. 

Mcguffie I don't know much about but at 23 he's not coming here for his last pay day he's got to kick on or he'll be playing part time football next. 

We've still most likely got at least another 5 signings to be made so we'll see what kind of squad we're looking at come the start of the season. Definitely still need some more quality in but baring in mind where we are as a club right now it's not going to be easy to convince that quality to come play with us. 

I think a good part of our lack of signings and the quality we have signed is a lack of cash. I cannot see another 5 more, unless they are getting paid virtually nothing.  With what we have signed, Sheerin will need to be a miracle worker.

Cove appear to have the league sewn up already. We can only hope Hartley has made a balls of it again, but this time he has signed semi reasonable players from the Scottish leagues and not unheard of dross from south of the border. Cove have improved. I'm not convinced we have....yet!  

Edited by Zbairn
edit

9 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

I think a good part of our lack of signings and the quality we have signed is a lack of cash. I cannot see another 5 more, unless they are getting paid virtually nothing.  With what we have signed, Sheerin will need to be a miracle worker.

I'm probably being a tad naive but maybe we'll get some answers as to where we are at with all this when the Q&A session is aired tomorrow? I just hope that some really hard questions have been asked and answered.

44 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

You can put lipstick on a pig and it is still a pig 

11 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

We don’t have a lack of cash

We don't ? ...care to elaborate ???

The club would appear to disagree.....when £75k seems to be quite important.  "If all season ticket holders received a cash refund for the missing games this would cost the club around £75,000.  If we were to pay this money out it would severely affect our squad building for the coming season."

Edited by Zbairn
edit text

I guess we’d all like to see a flood of (er, 3 or 4) signings this week, but a young squad player is all so far.

Mentioned this earlier but with the “Shadwell” lads - Ndaba & Paton -  I’d start to feel more optimistic. McGuffie and Nesbitt have the look of a pair of sand dancers to me - may start well but come December will drive us to despair.

I do think Sheerin and his staff will do very well though even though that may rely on the quality of his loanees. Can’t see how we can succeed without this supply as this is now the norm with Championship/Seaside league squads.

Edited by HonestAl

14 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Would maybe have taken Vigurs on a 1 year deal, never 3 years. We saw what happened with Tidser down in this league & that signing could be history repeating itself. 

Tidser wasn't the standout player in the league that I'd hoped he would be for us, but he was fine and certainly well ahead of any central midfielder we had last year. (Yes, including Telfer who seems to have morphed into the second coming of Xavi to some on here)

42 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Cove appear to have the league sewn up already. We can only hope Hartley has made a balls of it again, but this time he has signed semi reasonable players from the Scottish leagues and not unheard of dross from south of the border. 

Oh FFS why don't you piss off you know-nothing moaning gloom merchant. They've made 4 signings - Draper for the treatment table, Vigurs, a centre back from Dumbarton and Robbie fucking Leitch. And that's them got the league sewn up? Go and take your face for a shite. 

9 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Tidser wasn't the standout player in the league that I'd hoped he would be for us, but he was fine and certainly well ahead of any central midfielder we had last year. (Yes, including Telfer who seems to have morphed into the second coming of Xavi to some on here)

Well Telfer is right now the only player I'm confident can help us control games in midfield. 

9 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Oh FFS why don't you piss off you know-nothing moaning gloom merchant. They've made 4 signings - Draper for the treatment table, Vigurs, a centre back from Dumbarton and Robbie fucking Leitch. And that's them got the league sewn up? Go and take your face for a shite. 

I'll be more than happy if you are right. 

Although, if I'm correct, I'll quote that back to you at the end of the season.

One thing though,  I won't quite put it in the verbal abuse manner you have insisted on using.  

Edited by Zbairn
spelling

Guest Peter LaFleur
3 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

I'll be more than happy if you are right. 

Although, if I'm correct, I'll quote that back to you at the end of the season.

One thing though,  I won't quite put it in the verbal abuse manner you have insisted on using.  

Would you have been happy with signing Draper and Vigurs on 3-year deals? Coupled with a Dumbarton centre back and Robbie Leitch?