The Falkirk FC Thread

Does anyone know if the game is on FTV tomorrow? I know most away games have been streamed if they have internet etc available, but the website hasn’t been updated in a few days so I’m not sure if it’ll be on or not. There hasn’t been a match report from the weekend either which is odd

1 minute ago, ClathyDave said:

Does anyone know if the game is on FTV tomorrow? I know most away games have been streamed if they have internet etc available, but the website hasn’t been updated in a few days so I’m not sure if it’ll be on or not. There hasn’t been a match report from the weekend either which is odd

its on parsTV,  gies yer cash.

13 minutes ago, ClathyDave said:

@lewfal

41 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Big game in doubt. Snow forecast for Sunday

Weather changes really quickly but even looking at the forecast just now, it’s to snow Sat eve into Sun morning but then rain from then on until the game. Sure it’ll be on. 

2 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Dont know which game is bigger.  Win tomorrow and it makes the run in exciting. Win next Monday and it is big money as the chance of a semi final against one of the bigots is odds on.

Just win them both. Dilemma resolved

21 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Don’t dare come on a Falkirk thread and call Callum Davidson a shite manager!

A man who won you 2 major cups, finished 5th, kept you in the top flight and currently has you in 8th place fairly safe from relegation.

If you want to learn what a shite manager is, then let us tell you a story about the 4 seasons prior to this one. 

Coming on here and saying that is akin to telling a homeless person you sent back your fillet mignon because there was too much peppercorn sauce. 

He's no Tommy Wright though. 

19 hours ago, Springfield said:

On an entirely different topic, reading an article about the Hearts foundation, close on 8700 fan’s contributing around £142K monthly. Pretty mind blowing that there’s £17M invested yearly as an additional income source.

Another 0p in the pound mob. They should be forced to use some of that cash to finish paying off the creditors that the club shafted a few years back.

13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

We've come from a manager who could both win us domestic trophies and have us performing well in the top flight, maybe the comparison is simply unfair.

As it is though, the feeling is that 20+ years of hard work are being chucked down the drain. The Browns have all but stepped back from the club too (Steve Brown has taken a back seat role for years and is cutting all ties this Summer no matter what, leaving us with no real chairman and a club up for sale with no buyers) which makes the doom feeling stronger.

It seems to me that your player recruitment is the issue then surely at the moment.. Who deals with that? Do you have a dof or is it solely under the responsibility of the manager?  

12 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Having played for Sheffield United previously I would imagine?

Is that a misdemeanor?  Funny way of putting it. Kai Kennedy has a previous misdemeanor then too. Far better saying having played for the other shower of shit across the water.

11 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Dont know which game is bigger.  Win tomorrow and it makes the run in exciting. Win next Monday and it is big money as the chance of a semi final against one of the bigots is odds on.

Promotion far more important in the long run. Cup semi would be a bonus but not at the expense of perhaps another year in this hellish league. Win both great if I had to choose though tonight all the way.

13 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Right....Ive got an offer of a trade here

You lot give us Jordan allan back and i.ll forget Jimmy Gilmour said in the 90s. Playing for Clyde was the highlight of his career..

We got a deal or wit?!

No deal. I'm sure mo johnston also said at some point that Clyde was actually the only team he'd ever really wanted to play for.

13 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Big game in doubt. Snow forecast for Sunday

Its also to snow before Sunday, you'd think that snow will melt and the pitch will be wet so any more snow is unlikely to lie long before the rain kicks in. 

Its still tonight I'm wary of a late postponement over but some of my Dunfermline living work colleagues have told me there shouldn't be any risk of tonight being off, one lives not far from the stadium

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

It seems to me that your player recruitment is the issue then surely at the moment.. Who deals with that? Do you have a dof or is it solely under the responsibility of the manager?  

The manager has been in control of that.

We hired a "Head of Recruitment" Summer 2021 after it became clear Davidson hadnt actually bothered trying to find any targets (plenty of rumours he spent his Summer hawking himself around English clubs). He had January 2022, and since then its been all Davidson again.

Tommy Wright was in charge of transfers too but was heavily restricted in what he could spend by Geoff/Steve Brown. Thats gone under Davidson so hes got free reign to do as he wants really (see the 30+ man squad/"instant impact" ageing players on big deals).