The Falkirk FC Thread

8 hours ago, 101 said:

There will be more pars fans in the main stand than Falkirk fans...

😂 considering the main stand ticket sales look no busier than a normal home game I’m not sure that’s correct but you go with that theory.  

7 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Hope the wee jobsworth steward who usually patrols the KM is reassigned to the Main Stand today 😆

Aye he'll have his work cut out for him today like...

18 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Was a time when I enjoyed the fairly intelligent exchange of views with fellow Bairns and the occasionally vicious banter with rival fans but P&B is sadly beginning to resemble the dying days of One F.

Grim reading on the whole.

8 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Why are you getting involved anyway!? You’re not even a Falkirk fan! 

There's absolutely something in that, the Falkirk fans on here are on the whole so bizarrely precious with regards to thinking this is a Falkirk poster only thread. So odd. 

18 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

No,  I was saying that the last time we had this many wins was when we were in the league with sevco  then the following season with Hibs 

You were with both in the Championship for 2 successive seasons.

In the first of them, you finished 5th.

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its looking likely that they'll get a chunk of money when Dykes leaves QPR this Summer, plus Nouble (and maybe Bruce Anderson) are likely cash sales too.

They seem to be setting up their next cash sale with Bradley just now too.

Player trading is so, so, important for Scottish clubs. I'm not meaning this in a trolling way at all despite how it sounds, I've just genuinely no idea where you're at with it, but hows your youth system getting on just now? Sure I'd seen it was getting restarted.

Years away! Falkirk have a long tradition of shooting ourselves in the foot.

For example passing up on a Falkirk coach called Willy Ormond and offloading him to Saints them not giving the manager's job to the Falkirk assistant manager Alex Ferguson. For fluckity, fluckity sake that's what you call making the wrong call.

How things can turn/change so quick, go on a real decent unbeaten run and looking like genuine challengers to our fife neighbours. A lacklustre defeat over the water and all of the support knew the chance of winning the league was gone. A couple of further lethargic shows and all we have to play for is second playoff spot.
Yes the cup has been brilliant and a day at Hampden beckons, and as a one off game anything can happen.

The reality is that quite a few supporters who never miss a game have parked tomorrows game. From a potential group of eight, four are attending. Im sure this will be the same situation for many. 

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

You were with both in the Championship for 2 successive seasons.

In the first of them, you finished 5th.

I am aware of that. We were actually in the Championship with Hibs for 3 seasons. The point is that we last won 16 games in a season during that time. 

Hard to disagree with this from one of our most improved performers this season (although it would be churlish not to point out Dunfermline's consistency, too). He's also spot on in saying it's still in the players hands whether this season is success or not - we need to get back into the rhythm we enjoyed in the middle section of the season heading into the play-offs and the semi-final, starting tomorrow.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

4 hours ago, Springfield said:

How things can turn/change so quick, go on a real decent unbeaten run and looking like genuine challengers to our fife neighbours. A lacklustre defeat over the water and all of the support knew the chance of winning the league was gone. A couple of further lethargic shows and all we have to play for is second playoff spot.
Yes the cup has been brilliant and a day at Hampden beckons, and as a one off game anything can happen.

The reality is that quite a few supporters who never miss a game have parked tomorrows game. From a potential group of eight, four are attending. Im sure this will be the same situation for many. 

Never miss a game but not going tomorrow. Not buying it 

The way the league has been binned by the club and I include everyone in that is pretty disgraceful. We are talking like Dunfermline are world beaters. To not be in the race at this stage of the season is such a disappointment. The cup run has really papered over some serious cracks. Of course we are looking forward to our day out at Hampden but the league should be the priority.

Now we've got these playoffs to Consider(probably). The punters who are saying we will be fine, I just don't get it. What if we get Airdrie? We've had 1 good result against them in years. Why would we suddenly be able to get past them in 2 legs. 

It's just not acceptable the way things have went in the league since Dunfermline away. 

There’s many supporters feeling the exact same way. You’ll never hear it from me that the accused are world beaters, we’ve gave a very consistent team a far easier ride than many of their supporters would have have expected. Player for player there’s no great difference, our failure has been our terrible inconsistencies although we had a decent mid season run. The last few pages have highlighted many issues which unfortunately some have decided it’s supporters with agendas. I don’t know, maybe it is, However I view many of the posts honest and true. 
Let me go one step further to your post, it’s an absolute disgrace that there’s a possibility of yet another year down here in the lower depths of Scottish football.
We are staring down the barrel of a play of spot, and for any fans that think the play off spot is in the bag, let me know what you’re drinking.