The Falkirk FC Thread

Football is surely an entertainment product and for the first time in a good while  I actually feel like I've been entertained this season. I certainly didn't have that feeling at any point in m and ms last season when the team was a total clusterfuck. Managing to do that and allowing me to get my son back interested in football  has meant more to me than how many points we had compared to m and ms shitshow after 18 games. The fact that mcglynn has done that and brought circa 400k into the club this season persuades me that he deserves to have a chance to build on this season whether we get promoted or not.  If people  can't see any difference in product from now compared to two seasons ago then that's their opinion which they are quite entitled to have at the end of the day.

8 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Worth nothing that if Covid had shit down football one week later it would have almost certainly been M&M with their hands on the league trophy not McGlynn.

Not convinced we would have won it TBH

7 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Worth nothing that if Covid had shit down football one week later it would have almost certainly been M&M with their hands on the league trophy not McGlynn.

If they'd managed to beat a shit Clyde side at broadwood we'd have gone up anyway. That and starting the game at Starks playing for a bloody draw.   With the budget advantage we had that season we should've been doing what Dunfermline did this season and then we wouldn't have been leaving it to chance and what weekend the season was stopped wouldn't have mattered.

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not convinced we would have won it TBH

We were away at Peterhead and our form was dropping off. I had the absolute fear over the football being called after that game as we weren’t getting anything up there. I’m sure you were at home to some guff. I’d have put money on that being the weekend the tide turned for us.

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

If they'd managed to beat a shit Clyde side at broadwood we'd have gone up anyway. That and starting the game at Starks playing for a bloody draw.   With the budget advantage we had that season we should've been doing what Dunfermline did this season and then we wouldn't have been leaving it to chance and what weekend the season was stopped wouldn't have mattered.

While I wanted McKinnon gone at the time the replacement was a huge error. Had I known that would have been the choice I would have stuck with McKinnon

14 minutes ago, Enigma said:

But that was only due to Raith being due to play a Challenge Cup Tie on a Saturday when Falkirk would have had a league match. So Falkirk might have gone ahead on ppg but Raith would then have had a game in hand.

The winding up of that season was a farce, and we all know it. McGlynn and the Raith Chairman came over as a pair of cnuts, wanting the title awarded to them, when football people would have reconstructed the leagues not to disadvantage any club due to the Pandemic. 

Raith Falkirk Airdrie Montrose and East Fife should have been placed in an expanded Championship, likewise the remainder of 1 should have been amalgamated with League 2.  Elsewhere Hearts and Partick shouldn’t have been relegated 

2 minutes ago, kirkcaldybanjo111 said:

Cant agree. Rovers had Falkirks number that season.

There wasn't much in the two sides at all as was seen by the league results between the sides. That isn't anything we really could boast about considering our budget advantage should've had us in a far better place.

7 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

While I wanted McKinnon gone at the time the replacement was a huge error. Had I known that would have been the choice I would have stuck with McKinnon

Lex miller's ludicrous idea was it not. Pick two former players that are free and stick them together as a management team.  Crazy.

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Lex miller's ludicrous idea was it not. Pick two former players that are free and stick them together as a management team.  Crazy.

I’d sooner have them at my club than the guy who thought our club would be a good home for his rapist pal.

Edited by Enigma

5 minutes ago, kirkcaldybanjo111 said:

Cant agree. Rovers had Falkirks number that season.

Sorry mate, the 2-2 draw, it should have been 4 or 5 nil at Half Time instead of 2-0. The 1-1 game at Falkirk, that was all down to us playing with 10 men.

2 hours ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

I was never a fan off the appointment of Mglynn,  thought there were better options

But this talk of sacking him is crazy, even if we don't go up, I'd give him a go a next season 

Exactly this.

35 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

That choice was on a par with shoehorning Sammy McGivern into the Commercial role.

Lets appoint Big Sexy and Cracks that’ll get the mugs off our backs for a while.

Fucking charlatans in the Boardroom then.

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Think most of us know that, but this season with teams like Dunfermline, Alloa and QotS all down from the championship it is a lot of a harder league than before with the likes of East Fife, Dumbarton out of it and I think it was Forfar of the top of my head then you have Hamilton who look like they will be heading down.  You also had Cove and Kelty having money thrown at them by their owners.

Lot of variables at play the past 2 seasons not to mention our old shit show of a board and what can only be the worst director of football in the history of football Gary Holt who somehow managed to get his boy on a 2 year deal.

Of the teams that are in still in the league from 20/21, would it be fair to say that Airdrie, Montrose, Peterhead and Clyde were stronger then than this season? 

3 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

That choice was on a par with shoehorning Sammy McGivern into the Commercial role.

Lets appoint Big Sexy and Cracks that’ll get the mugs off our backs for a while.

Fucking charlatans in the Boardroom then.

There’s been abhorrent decision making over the past decade. Slim it down to the past five years ond the consolidation of third tier football. Slim it down to this season. The brutal truth is that we are we are relying on a squad of players that at best have turned in arguably eight maybe nine decent displays over fortyish games. ICT didn’t need to do a lot on Saturday, from the first goal players looked liked they wanted the final whistle.

Many backing MCGlynn still to deliver, I sincerely hope he does. However failure to win promotion shouldn’t give McGlynn an auto pass for next season. MCGlynn has  brought in a few that have slightly improved the team, but FFS it’s still been very difficult to watch his formations and tactics. Let’s be honest it didn’t take much to improve the shite we’ve now witnessed for so long.

12 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Of the teams that are in still in the league from 20/21, would it be fair to say that Airdrie, Montrose, Peterhead and Clyde were stronger then than this season? 

On that I agree with you, Airdrie I think has always been one of those frustrating sides but not sure if that was down to incompetence in the dugout and having a shit team on the park.  Montrose were definitely stronger .

Guest Caractacus Potts
3 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

On that I agree with you, Airdrie I think has always been one of those frustrating sides but not sure if that was down to incompetence in the dugout and having a shit team on the park.  Montrose were definitely stronger .

Thanks for being honest. That’s 4 out of 9 opponents that are stronger in 20/21. Of the rest, I think we can both agree Dunfermline are stronger than Partick so would you say the Cove team of 20/21 were stronger than this seasons Alloa?