The Falkirk FC Thread

Bit of shell shock this morning. Nowt compared to the BoD though. Don't envy being in their position. 

That's as dramatic a hitting the buffers as you can get.

Aside from Yeats, Kucheriavyi and Morrison, iv never seen our team (or launched much myself) abused like that lastnight. I'm properly hoarse from shrieking abuse at Falkirk players. 

Got no clue where we go from here. I do know it's going to cost money. 

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Rubbish. Any Board interfering with the managers signings and it leads to trouble. If the Board do that they would be as well running the team themselves. No manager would touch us. Managers live and die by their calls. That is the way it works. Bad calls no job. 

The recent Raith Rovers AGM illustrated what can happen if you give a manager free reign to spend a budget with no control at all.  For example, the club had heard that Keatings can't train more than twice a week, was injury prone, but Mcglynn threw a 2 year deal at him.  Ended up costing the club £30k to pay him off.

It's not just the managers job it impacts, it impacts the clubs finances, and also impacts the ability of the replacement manager to make an immediate impact, given that multi year deals are already in place to players who aren't contributing enough.  We are seeing that very thing happen at Rovers this season.

If Falkirk do what we did, you will end up in a similar position if you bin Mcglynn.

It is amusing that airdrie fans (and almost every other teams fans) have been sayijg for most of the season that Airdrie are as good as anyone in the league yet falkirk fans still thought they just needed to show up. I am under no doubts that the tie is definitely not over but that was a bit of a pumping tonight. Great advert for Scottish football and the play offs though

9 hours ago, Shabba said:

I’ve got a ticket for Saturday but won’t be going

Can I have it? 

9 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Story I heard from a scout was that McCall was caught sniffing the white stuff which hastened his departure from firhill so I doubt he'll be back in football for a while.

Your BoD were happy to sign a rape apologist, I don't imagine someone who has a wee sniff now and again will bother them. 

9 hours ago, 101 said:

Allan Johnstone is clearly the genuine man to go for, got us up after a properly useless season in L1 and got us up in style.

Oh please let this happen. 

9 hours ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

Also like what Marvin Bartley been doing at QOS since he took over, whether he would leave them for our shitshow is another matter, 

Is McGlynn contracted for next season? MB has a 2 year deal so I'd be surprised if Falkirk could afford to pay us and McGlynn. I think it would a terrible move for MB at this point as well. 

8 hours ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

I think it’s 5 times- Bankies, QotS, Ayr twice and Thistle. If you do take him on and he gets you up, remember to sack him immediately if you have ambitions beyond the Championship 

He never managed us in League 1. He came in and saved us from relegation (combined with a complete capitulation by Stranraer). The next season I'm sure it was pretty shite though. Closer to going down than going up. 

4 minutes ago, Aufc said:

It is amusing that airdrie fans (and almost every other teams fans) have been sayijg for most of the season that Airdrie are as good as anyone in the league yet falkirk fans still thought they just needed to show up. I am under no doubts that the tie is definitely not over but that was a bit of a pumping tonight. Great advert for Scottish football and the play offs though

No one thought that. 

8 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Falkirk fans thought no such thing. Maybe the players did, going on that showing last night, but any Falkirk fan who is not a moron knew we were going to struggle over two games against Airdrie.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

No one thought that. 

Some of your fans did. Basically saying “falkirk finished second in the league so therefore we just need to turn up and play and we will win”

9 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Yeah not a single person supporting Falkirk thought that. 

35 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I was going to post last night after a few cans but decided not to. I would have ended up in the Heads Gone thread. 

The gist was that 36 games, solid second place, means f**k all when we set fire to ourselves in a matter of minutes. There is no way back, no point deluding ourselves that there is a miracle coming on Saturday. 

Other fans will come and laugh at us, and rightly so. Losing that game in that way is laughing stock stuff. 

Another season in League One at least. I have no faith in us getting up next season. 

Agreed.  Some thought that finishing 2nd was some sort of achievement when in reality, the playoffs are a complete new slate.  For example last season Queens park finished 21 points behind Airdrie and it was QP who achieved promotion.

If we are to get up next season then the club is going to require additional investment.

40 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

There is no way back, no point deluding ourselves that there is a miracle coming on Saturday. 

Think the atmosphere will turn on Saturday as that interview from McGlynn was up there with some of those by Sheerin and Rennie recently. 

We've not kept a clean sheet since 1st April in any competition (8 games) so to expect us to score 4 and not concede is pushing the bounds of credulity.

Edited by Blame Me
Clarification

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

He never managed us in League 1. He came in and saved us from relegation (combined with a complete capitulation by Stranraer). The next season I'm sure it was pretty shite though. Closer to going down than going up. 

Even the "saved us from relegation" bit is a stretch.

We did close a big gap on a struggling Stranraer to survive, but nearly all of that gap opened up under McCall in the first place.  We weren't well adrift when he came in.

2 minutes ago, Latapy is god said:

Agreed.  Some thought that finishing 2nd was some sort of achievement when in reality, the playoffs are a complete new slate.  For example last season Queens park finished 21 points behind Airdrie and it was QP who achieved promotion.

If we are to get up next season then the club is going to require additional investment.

I wouldn’t say anyone was celebrating finishing 2nd but clearly it’s better to have the second leg at home.

Assuming you don’t complete shit the bed in the first game, of course.

22 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

I think a few P&B Bairns are building Airdrie up to be something they aren't. This is all about us & whether we turn up.

21 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

It’s Airdrie we are playing not Barcelona.

21 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I have absolutely no idea how to feel about this.

If both teams play to the best of their ability, I think we just about shade it over the two legs. We really need to pick up some of that mid-season form that has been lacking for the past few weeks. If we do that, I’d narrowly fancy us.

All that being said, I think there are still serious question marks over the bottle of some players in our team. No better way to answer those than turning up in big play-off matches.

19 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

I think you're just looking for a story, mate. There is no arrogance, merely an acknowledgement of our capabilities & our (all too frequent) tendency to play within ourselves. 

19 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

What is wrong with thinking that the team who finished above you over the course of a 36 game season will be okay as long as we turn up and perform to the best of our ability?