The Falkirk FC Thread

McIver is making the move to Full Time here I assume? Forgive me if I've got that wrong. But if he has showed good potential in being the exact type of player we need, at a club who had a good season, then surely folk can recognise that there's big potential for him to take a big step by becoming a full time footballer?

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

McIver is making the move to Full Time here I assume? Forgive me if I've got that wrong. But if he has showed good potential in being the exact type of player we need, at a club who had a good season, then surely folk can recognise that there's big potential for him to take a big step by becoming a full time footballer?

Too sensible a comment for on here mate 

I thought he was Alloa’s best player last season. At least he is someone who has taken a step back to get games and deserves another crack at FT. As others have said a good foil for Jordan. We have to add goals to his game though. 

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

He's only been part-time for just over a year so it's not like you're going to unlock something that he's never had a shot at. Alloa is his first season of regular first team football right enough.

4 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

He's only been part-time for just over a year so it's not like you're going to unlock something that he's never had a shot at. Alloa is his first season of regular first team football right enough.

Right, so a move to full time at a club with good facilities, in his second season as a first team player (his first as a full time one of those then) 

It seems to me like pushing him to improve the required areas or "unlocking something" would be exactly the plan here. 

Everyone on here forgetting that McGlynn hardly ever plays two up front. And when he does and it doesn't work it's not his fault. What's this notion that's he's suddenly going to play with two up front week in week out?

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Right, so a move to full time at a club with good facilities, in his second season as a first team player (his first as a full time one of those then) 

It seems to me like pushing him to improve the required areas or "unlocking something" would be exactly the plan here. 

"Unlocking something" in a player, an attribute Falkirk FC have shown in the last decade. I'm a bit dubious as it seems to be a high pressure environment that makes players regress. 

On the plus side it's a joy to play on the new astro turf pitch while they are new. I have a feeling you will see much better football at home for the next few years.

6 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Surprised Falkirk have not signed Todorov (yet). When the nicey nice football doesn’t work (heaven forbid!) he’s the sort of human battering ram that can come on and win games. 

I'd have signed him before MacIver tbh

5 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I would certainly give him a go

I liked Todorov last time he was here and thought he should have had far more gametime than he was given. However, with a reduced squad size next year I suspect we'll run with three strikers and now have them all in place. Wright and Burrell out, Agyeman and McIver in to replace them. 

Unless AA is seen as a winger to replace Kennedy in which case we might get one more. 

2 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I liked Todorov last time he was here and thought he should have had far more gametime than he was given. However, with a reduced squad size next year I suspect we'll run with three strikers and now have them all in place. Wright and Burrell out, Agyeman and McIver in to replace them. 

Unless AA is seen as a winger to replace Kennedy in which case we might get one more. 

So you're telling me there's a chance Gary Oliver might be gone?

Could work, not the first time a player in league one goes from part to full time and kicks on. 

That demonstrates the market you’re shopping in though, so expect more of the same.  

Doesn’t need to be flash, just effective….!

41 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

MacIver may well win balls in the air but who's he flicking them onto? McGlynn plays one up front. And this guy can't score goals. If your going to go one up front you need an Alegria type who is decent at both. If he's a squad filler then he's probably better than Wright. 

Alegria couldn't score goals either before he joined us though. Partick fans said he was shit.

15 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

"Unlocking something" in a player, an attribute Falkirk FC have shown in the last decade. I'm a bit dubious as it seems to be a high pressure environment that makes players regress. 

On the plus side it's a joy to play on the new astro turf pitch while they are new. I have a feeling you will see much better football at home for the next few years.

Fair play. We should abandon targeting part time players in the current league to step up to FT and instead focus on Full timers willing to drop to this level who have bags of first team experience already. That should work a treat 

6 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I think Agyeman will play wide. If not and that's the three strikers I think we could be in bother. We let a better one go in Burrell.

Well I don’t know about you but that signing today has got me over excited to say the least! We’re definitely on course to win the league by a canter, at least 80 points. Going to get my season ticket! 

Edited by Balde Bairn

22 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I thought he was Alloa’s best player last season. At least he is someone who has taken a step back to get games and deserves another crack at FT. As others have said a good foil for Jordan. We have to add goals to his game though. 

He wasn't anywhere near our best player. Indeed there were some fans on our thread who were saying he wasn't worth a new deal at all. It didn't help that he was often played with Sammon given they don't work as a pair and Sammon was scoring and MacIver wasn't. 

I liked him. His link up and positional play are good and the right partner will benefit from his flick ons. For someone who isn't really tall he is excellent in the air and he should shoot from distance more as he can really hit them. In fact I'd be more confident about him scoring if the ball fell to him 25 yards out than if he was one on one with the keeper. That composure is hard to learn and as such I wouldn't expect Falkirk to be adding a whole lot of goals to his game. 

Ultimately if I was a Falkirk fan this isn't a signing I would be particularly happy about and really I think you probably need better, particularly when it's a two year deal. But the key would be recognising what he is good at rather than getting frustrated about what he won't bring to the team. In that light and with the right men around him (potentially a very good partner for a quick finisher) then he is well capable of being effective.