What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Mr Holmes - Fantastic performance from Ian McKellen as a 90 year old and a 60 year old Sherlock Holmes. Not your usual Sherlock Holmes stuff but instead a more melancholy film about an old man coping with memory loss and looking back on his life and (in particular) biggest regret. Some might be put off by the slow pace but I thought it was excellent and kept me engaged throughout. 8/10

Started halfway through but currently watching Awakenings, with Robin Williams and De Niro. One of those you cant stop watching

Dodgeball: a true underdog story

Standard mid 2000's sitcom. Plenty of moments to smirk at and chuckle to yourself. First I've watched it since the cinema release.

Dodging traffic in preparation for dodging a ball :lol:

Decided to watch happy Gilmore today out of boredom. Never noticed how much American comedies rely on product placements. In first half hour I've spotted:

Subway, Boston Bruins, converse, ford, Lacoste, Nike, fruit loops & probably missed a good few others.

Ended up noticing more and writing them down, product placements as follows:

Espn Budweiser Wilson golf Pepsi

Odyssey Motorola Volkswagen

Top-flite Spalding Pepsi max

Taylor made Callaway

Decided to watch happy Gilmore today out of boredom. Never noticed how much American comedies rely on product placements. In first half hour I've spotted:

Subway, Boston Bruins, converse, ford, Lacoste, Nike, fruit loops & probably missed a good few others.

Some of it is pretty spot-on though. Daniel Sturridge started channeling Happy Gilmore last year.

Jurasic World, glad I was just burning vouchers that were about to expire. As I'd have been gutted to have paid full whack for it. Badly acted, poor scripted, bilge. Not a patch on the original.

I thought Seven Samurai was unbearable tbh. Watched 2 hours and turned it off as I couldn't take anymore.

Away! It's tremendous! I have a couple of Kurosawa's others samurai films on DVD to watch when I have the time.

Dodgeball: a true underdog story

Standard mid 2000's sitcom. Plenty of moments to smirk at and chuckle to yourself. First I've watched it since the cinema release.

Dodging traffic in preparation for dodging a ball :lol:

"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball"

THWACK!

:lol: gets me every time