The Arbroath Thread

42 minutes ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

People here seeming not to realise or know the ‘exotic’ background behind one of our most senior directors and how he was caught by police multiple times in youth stealing from his work.

40 minutes ago, JobbieSandwich said:

Are you referring to the board member who got his Doctorate while at Her Majesty's pleasure?

Lots of stuff being said in the last day or two that I'll be keeping my opinion to myself on, but happy to jump right in with these two and say they're really shitty comments about someone who has given tens of thousands of hours of service to the club for absolutely no financial gain over the past two decades.

There's been a lot of people giving their opinion/ venting their feelings on a variety of things recently, but this really is a case of taking some low blows at someone for no other reason than cheap amusement/ laughs or whatever.

It seems to me that this and the 'Booth flat renting empire' stuff is just people trying to jump on the bandwagon with their personal grievances while others have brought up what they believe to be legitimate concerns.

FFS.

For a couple of seasons now the club has looked to sign players from outwith this country. We have had numerous players sign (Most have been duds) that for the most part would probably never venture up here to play due to the low wage on offer as a PT team and the short term contracts.

So the club have a deal in place to rent some properties from some local landlords for players to stay in whilst they are here. Which other clubs all over the world have similar deals in place. Its how clubs offers a more lucrative contract by offering a wage, playing time and a place to stay (free or at a vastly reduced rate) rather than the player having to search for somewhere for a short term lease (where do we think Teale is staying?)

Hell even players that live quite a bit away may have stayed over after a midweek or friday night game and travelled home in the morning. Its a sensible idea.

But to suggest that the club is willingly allowing people to syphon money from the club through rental of properties is Infowars levels of conspiracy shite.

5 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

Lots of stuff being said in the last day or two that I'll be keeping my opinion to myself on, but happy to jump right in with these two and say they're really shitty comments about someone who has given tens of thousands of hours of service to the club for absolutely no financial gain over the past two decades.

There's been a lot of people giving their opinion/ venting their feelings on a variety of things recently, but this really is a case of taking some low blows at someone for no other reason than cheap amusement/ laughs or whatever.

It seems to me that this and the 'Booth flat renting empire' stuff is just people trying to jump on the bandwagon with their personal grievances while others have brought up what they believe to be legitimate concerns.

I’m not making a ‘shitty comment’ at all I’m taking notice of some of the things being said here and hoping to provide some useful information by telling people that ‘DR’ Gary Callon is a convicted criminal 👍 So you can take a jump down from your high horse there and calm your jets

37 minutes ago, JobbieSandwich said:

I would imagine the accommodation will be a payment in kind as the paperwork I linked to earlier clearly states that the property is leased to the club and it's not a tenancy with the players.

Very worrying that the thought of Directors potentially syphoning funds out of the club would not be high on your list of concerns though.

Disgusting behaviour.  And presumably this is why we've deliberately been targeting trialists from down south, so we can get the flats filled with trialists, and the club's money can build those new houses in Inverkeilor?

I didn't think they were still going ahead, I thought it had all ground to a halt after various deaths and bankruptcies? 

2 minutes ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

I’m not making a ‘shitty comment’ at all I’m taking notice of some of the things being said here and hoping to provide some useful information by telling people that ‘DR’ Gary Callon is a convicted criminal 👍 So you can take a jump down from your high horse there and calm your jets

Its a shitty comment.   Totally needless, pointless, and what do you hope to achieve?  

1 minute ago, ExiledLichtie said:

It’s a shitty comment.   Totally needless, pointless, and what do you hope to achieve?  

I’ve just said what I hope to achieve in my last comment. I see the discussion going on with people thinking the directors are siphoning money away from the club and i’m replying with information that could be relevant 👍 Such as the fact that Gary Callon was convicted for stealing from previous places of employment and he got his phoney doctorate from prison 👍👍 

Hope this helps 

10 minutes ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

So you can take a jump down from your high horse there and calm your jets

3 minutes ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

Such as the fact that Gary Callon was convicted for stealing from previous places of employment and he got his phoney doctorate from prison 👍👍 

:lol:

No further comment on this required from myself I don't think....

28 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

Spot on Simon, these two been on this board 5 minutes and stirring a lot o shite for petty gain.

13 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Amazing how the prospect of relegation can bring out all the lunatics.  Evidently not been fans long enough to enjoy some of the many many relegations we've participated in previously.

I am resigned to relegation and have been for a long time - and I remember other relegations too although it feels like an age - just the other week I was sticking up for the social media etc too I would say that I always try to give the benefit of the doubt - however the death threats stuff on that LinkedIn post made me angrier than I have been about anything AFC wise in a long time

Throwing the fans under the bus for the purpose of a shitey social media post is not on. To learn that the same guy had been posting lies on here about someone previously employed by the club added to that as did learning that people have had phonecalls from the club because they’ve been critical of it. It makes it sting even more when we’ve removed someone who had been doing a perfectly good job and had been here for years for this clown who will be picking up a wage - how he’s also doing First Team Analysis for us is frying my brains. The guys clearly a total tube - if that makes me a lunatic then so be it 

The other stuff - I feel like the Booths are good guys and supporters of the club and want what’s best for the club and I feel the exact same about Gary Callon. He’s been brilliant for Arbroath

I absolutely think it’s important to discuss just how everything’s working off the park though especially now there is going to be a massive decline in revenue. It cannot affect the playing budget too much to carry the likes of the above - all I am saying 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

On Ricky Little - Ricky has been unbelievable for Arbroath - the commitment to the club is up there with anyone who has ever played for us considering the length of time he’s played here and the distances he has had to travel.

I have changed my mind on this several times already but I feel like he could maybe end up being a really good player to keep around for another year if he was open to it. He would absolutely be good enough in L1 and could be important to help bed in new players coming to the club with his experience. 

A great player and quite a unique centre half for the Scottish lower leagues given his size - wish him all the best whatever he chooses to do and glad that the Testimonial Dinner went well

This is the background to all of my WhatsApp Chats too… also been my profile pic for sometime on here

Good guy great player and good family 

IMG_5958.jpeg

I really hope that Ricky Little will want to continue with the Lichties next season. He has been an inspiration. His full blooded performances in recent games is typical of his attitude throughout his time at Gayfield.

Sad to see some of the nasty, spiteful comments about club officials. I’ve nothing but praise for all those guys who have given so much of their time and effort to build the club we now have. 

Jay Bird, what's your thoughts on him this season?

Thought he looked a right good prospect in the pre season games as he looks to have loads of positive attributes but every time I see him in your highlights it just looks like he can't be arsed.

Is it a case of lots of talent but no drive?

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Thought he looked a right good prospect in the pre season games as he looks to have loads of positive attributes but every time I see him in your highlights it just looks like he can't be arsed.

I’d say he’s a very good striker but he’s severely lacked any decent service. Bags of quality sometimes think he lacks work rate but so would I would when not getting service you need probably 

8 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Very good and a lot of potential there - also feel sorry for him that he’s been part of a decimated struggling side where he’s not been able to shine