The Partick Thistle thread

Just now, Otis Blue said:

Christ almighty ... some mad batshit crazy day for the Jags fans ... wtf!

What's the real story here Jags ... more to this than meets the eye?

f**k knows. Bonkers stuff.

Yogi is the type of guy who applies for every job going I reckon, so I hope we steer well clear. McCall is probably our only appointment in the last 10, 15 years who you can say has been from the “managerial merry-go round” (and even then, there’s a fair bit of context required). So I’m not convinced it will necessarily be the likes of Hughes. Finances may dictate the appointment. 

53 minutes ago, Liam899 said:

Dougie Imrie on his way?

🤣🤣🤣 no chance. And anyway, his fashion sense offends the luvvies. 😁

It’ll be Richard Foster, and it serves them all right. 👎😁

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Michael O’Halloran was apparently due to sign on loan for you lot before McCall was sacked. f**k knows if that’ll still go through. 

A lucky escape 😂

10 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Thistle fans have been dying for this to happen but i think the players will down tools now, starting on Saturday please. 

I suspect this has been more that a very audible (unspecified) number have. I think plenty were happy enough, while many more were like me (on the fence for now but happy to give it till the end of the season provided we remained in the playoff mix). 

As for the timing, yes we played well enough today; however we lost and exited the last realistic chance of winning anything. Coupled with very poor league form it makes sense

Edited by Duke Gekantawa

19 minutes ago, Thumper said:

McCall will be at Cove (or possibly Darvel) within the month. Good luck with whatever Sportsound co-commentor you end up with though.

Cove have just re-appointed Hartley, who by all accounts has a job there as long as he wants one. More chance, McCall ends up back in his role as a Sportsound co-commentator. 

21 minutes ago, Thumper said:

McCall will be at Cove (or possibly Darvel)within the month. Good luck with whatever Sportsound ex-co-commentor*  you end up with though.

* tell ye already -  it’ll be Richard Foster.

15 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

And make him interim u18s manager while Dools does the big job.

so, you think he’s definitely the man to take over from McCall then?