• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

They wouldn't have known until after the deal was done.  Everything went through him, the directors had basically zero say on the day to day running of the club.

I don't know if they had zero say. Suspect it was more like zero idea what SG was doing and he took them all for a ride.

Edited by RiG

25 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Why are ICT paying £125,000 a year for their kits?   That must surely be the worst kit deal in history.

Someone a couple of pages back suggested the Puma deal was the only positive from Gardiner's time as well😂 So we're back to zero positives. 

1 minute ago, RiG said:

I don't know if they had zero say. Suspect it was more like zero idea what SG was doing and he took them all for a ride.

I worded that wrongly, he neglected to tell them a lot of stuff, shall we say.

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

They wouldn't have known until after the deal was done.  Everything went through him, the directors had basically zero say on the day to day running of the club.

Did they not have a designated finance officer separate from the CEO, or at least a director with those responsibilities? If not the board was hugely negligent, even if they'd had a reliable CEO.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Did they not have a designated finance officer separate from the CEO, or at least a director with those responsibilities? If not the board was hugely negligent, even if they'd had a reliable CEO.

Clearly not.  As i said, everything went through him.

53 minutes ago, Hugh Hillshaveyes said:

Crowdfunder is a shocker....these type of things are aimed at the "working man"...which will only lead to bad feeling when the hundred quid or whatever you've stretched to will disappear into the ether

The board are trying to attract investors with so far little luck, for an investor to show interest they would obviously look at the books which presently are bare, however some of any clubs income is from the fans, season ticket sales and merchandise purchasing all helps, however we have had some reluctance from fans re ST's stating that they would not renew as long as Gardiner was in place, then once he went the reason was they wouldn't buy an ST as long as Ferguson is in place.

The club has repeatedly asked fans to help by renewing their ST's etc, many did but some are still reluctant for the reasons given above, it's up to them and I can understand but it obviously does not help the clubs situation as one of the areas to attract an Investor.

So Crowdfunding has been mentioned a few times over the last few weeks and though some have decried the method I am all for it, I'm fortunate that some pounds a month won't hurt and I suppose other fans are the same, so I'm more than willing to contribute to the club I support and if as some have mentioned the money will disappear then so be it but I will know that I have done what little can to help the club.

Just now, SandyCromarty said:

The board are trying to attract investors with so far little luck, for an investor to show interest they would obviously look at the books which presently are bare, however some of any clubs income is from the fans, season ticket sales and merchandise purchasing all helps, however we have had some reluctance from fans re ST's stating that they would not renew as long as Gardiner was in place, then once he went the reason was they wouldn't buy an ST as long as Ferguson is in place.

The club has repeatedly asked fans to help by renewing their ST's etc, many did but some are still reluctant for the reasons given above, it's up to them and I can understand but it obviously does not help the clubs situation as one of the areas to attract an Investor.

So Crowdfunding has been mentioned a few times over the last few weeks and though some have decried the method I am all for it, I'm fortunate that some pounds a month won't hurt and I suppose other fans are the same, so I'm more than willing to contribute to the club I support and if as some have mentioned the money will disappear then so be it but I will know that I have done what little can to help the club.

They are counting on the fanbase all being this naive.

If there are enough people like you then maybe they will raise the cash.

6 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

How can a company operate where one guy signs contracts and spends money without it being approved by at least one other senior person?

That is absurd.

We're Caley Thistle baby!

Gardiner had 7000 unread emails so I think it’s a bit of stretch to even say he had a clue what was going on at the club.

The directors deserve just as much blame for this mess. There is nothing wrong with leaving the day to day stuff with the CEO but the very minimum needed is to have regular updates and evidence provided of the state of affairs.

5 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Agreed its a catch-22. As fans we want to save the club so if finding some money to donate and help get that magic £200k figure does so then we feel obliged to do so (not everyone is fortunate enough to be able that's understood) - BUT its a temporary fix with the begging bowl coming along again, so is it really sustainable (obviously not). Otherwise logic says let the club go into admin then put forwards the funds - its better to build from zero (with £200k or more) than from chasing a spiraling negative hole - HOWEVER there are huge implications to the club doing that and nobody wants to see sanctions, penalties or even demotions.

Very much a case of each fan has to decide what they consider if best and accept the outcomes without judgement on others - afterall this is the clubs and its guardians fault not fans.

6 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

The directors deserve just as much blame for this mess.

Gardiner is the forward facing proponent on this, however there are plenty others getting off quite lightly with criticism from this IMO including some who are still there even now

9 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Savage said on the latest Wyness Shuffle podcast that there is no point in having a crowdfunder until the club is in a viable position and they can say what the money will be spent on. I think the £200,000 is a different thing, asking existing shareholders to stump up to stop the club going into administration immediately. They have an obvious stake in preventing it.

So the "forensic" analysis of the current financial position and how it came about has culminated in a crowdfunding plea. I get the absolute necessity to bring in some money asap but this is passing the buck with bells on. A colossal amount of money has been "lost" and nobody on the board is accountable. I don't have any skin in the game but if I was an ICT fan I would be apoplectic. 

1 minute ago, bdu98196 said:

Agreed its a catch-22. As fans we want to save the club so if finding some money to donate and help get that magic £200k figure does so then we feel obliged to do so (not everyone is fortunate enough to be able that's understood) - BUT its a temporary fix with the begging bowl coming along again, so is it really sustainable (obviously not). Otherwise logic says let the club go into admin then put forwards the funds - its better to build from zero (with £200k or more) than from chasing a spiraling negative hole - HOWEVER there are huge implications to the club doing that and nobody wants to see sanctions, penalties or even demotions.

Very much a case of each fan has to decide what they consider if best and accept the outcomes without judgement on others - afterall this is the clubs and its guardians fault not fans.

The worry about the crowdfunder is how it’s set up. What for instance happens if it doesn’t make its target? Does the money get repaid. Does it just go into a pot to repay debtors such as Ferguson and his coaching staff, or is it a stand alone account? I understand why fans will want to help save the club, but they do need to know where their money may end up. 

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

With all the rumours going around it sounds like his wife and son will have first call on his wallet, or haven't you heard?

No, but given you talk the biggest amount of horseshit on this forum I'm sure you will enlighten me and his lawyers. TIA

27 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

How can a company operate where one guy signs contracts and spends money without it being approved by at least one other senior person?

That is absurd.

Legally it would not be possible for such a large amount to pass security and be signed off through the bank without another signature. The other 'directors' are just as culpable in all this. They are legally responsible to ensure the company is being ran properly and to prevent one person (insert non-legitis word) with the company's finances.

Any other CEO of a normal company would be facing a court hearing to explain their actions by now, especially given Gardiner's previous track record 

Edited by Spyro