"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

1 hour ago, strichener said:

If Savage has pumped in £350k over the last few weeks and is as good a businessman as people are making out then he could force admin by asking for his money back today.  If he has loaned the club money with no enforceable repayment mechanism then perhaps he isn't the right person to get you through this.

Given he has built a multi milion net worth business then let's assume and trust he knows what he's doing at this point ahead of others we have had recently - considering he has previous history building and developingthe club and also stated several times administration is not his key outcome if there are other viable options.

However as the club suggested on the last statements issued they are welcoming of support and advice from other sources so if anyone with track history and insights on the directions to take are free to get in touch as I'm sure AS will be happy to listen if it's worthwhile.

Compared to the previous administration Savage is being clear open and transparent with the situation and where we are headed. With the push to get a resolution on the Battery Farm clearly the cash injection is to get us across that line at which point either the debts are reduced to manageable/cleared through agreement or its Administration and we accept the penalties with that.

No smoke and mirrors unlike the last 'gang'

Edited by bdu98196

• Replies 17.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

31 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Not been keeping up with your situation thought you were back on the up??  Hopefully one way or another the club gets itself sorted out , great bunch of fans I met at the cup final and don't deserve this , (Sir Tarmo excluded as a 🔔 end)

Say Word Reaction GIF by Justin

9 hours ago, CountyinBorders said:

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/6596639/ketan-makwana-back-caley-thistle-frame/

Is Morrison actually trying to make the Club go under, why is he putting a man who demonstrably had not funds available of any kind a month ago back in touch with the club. It's not like he's going to have phygitally created a new full bank account. Or is he going to ask someone else for money?

Ketan says on LinkedIn that you don't need any money to start a business, so no need to worry on that score. He cites Richard Branson who was selling Virgin Atlantic tickets for months before he leased his first plane, and bought fuel on tick. Expect to see multi year season tickets on offer.

22 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Ketan says on LinkedIn that you don't need any money to start a business, so no need to worry on that score. He cites Richard Branson who was selling Virgin Atlantic tickets for months before he leased his first plane, and bought fuel on tick. Expect to see multi year season tickets on offer.

Only flaw is he's not starting a business, he's trying to save one thats in debts so doesnt quite work the same as you cant get more loans etc and benefit of the doubt. He reminds me of some guys who (I think) were on Dragons Den selling tickets for flights to space (or the moon) for mental money knowing there are wealthy gullible out there. Not sure how he thinks that kind of philosophy will translate to a small fan base football club unless there's some utter morons with deep pockets in our support paying 5 figure sums for the 'Elite 2050 Champions League Final' package we are offering?

Edited by bdu98196

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

Given he has built a multi milion net worth business then let's assume and trust he knows what he's doing at this point ahead of others we have had recently - considering he has previous history building and developingthe club and also stated several times administration is not his key outcome if there are other viable options.

However as the club suggested on the last statements issued they are welcoming of support and advice from other sources so if anyone with track history and insights on the directions to take are free to get in touch as I'm sure AS will be happy to listen if it's worthwhile.

Compared to the previous administration Savage is being clear open and transparent with the situation and where we are headed. With the push to get a resolution on the Battery Farm clearly the cash injection is to get us across that line at which point either the debts are reduced to manageable/cleared through agreement or its Administration and we accept the penalties with that.

When would the battery money come through? If I was a creditor I wouldn't agree anything until that outcome is known.

8 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

When would the battery money come through? If I was a creditor I wouldn't agree anything until that outcome is known.

Our MSP has asked for the appeal to be expedited, so it should be ready around the same time as the new CalMac ferry.

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

Not being completely familiar with the details but didn't the battery farm company shares get transferred to directors?  Does ICT still have a share in some other company or guaranteed undertakings or where is this money coming from?

Screenshot_2024-10-04-11-16-36-340_com.microsoft.office_word.thumb.jpg.3d80389b845c932fa65cee177c9d7ca9.jpg

Edited by strichener

15 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The planning appeal is targeted to be ruled on in November, I'd imagine if successful the money would follow pretty quickly, but at present it would go to former directors rather than the club.

3 minutes ago, strichener said:

Not being completely familiar with the details but didn't the battery farm company shares get transferred to directors?  Does ICT still have a share in some other company or guaranteed undertakings or where is this money coming from?

Its all discussed on here previously at length. In summary yes but there is a commitment that the money will be returned to the club by those parties whether that's now to save us or post administration.

38 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Its all discussed on here previously at length. In summary yes but there is a commitment that the money will be returned to the club by those parties whether that's now to save us or post administration.

Not according to this - https://ictfc.com/club-statement-24/

It appears that you are relying on the goodwill of the battery farm owners.  Unless there has been an update since then.

1 hour ago, strichener said:

Not according to this - https://ictfc.com/club-statement-24/

It appears that you are relying on the goodwill of the battery farm owners.  Unless there has been an update since then.

Correct which is why i stated a 'commitment' not a guarantee or legally binding requirement. The reliance is that they will provide the funds as they have committed to with the transfer of ownership having been undertaken from the club to individuals to safeguard this from the administration threats. Time will tell what happens. and whether this is integrity form those involved - if the BF appeal fails its all a moot point anyways.

Edited by bdu98196

He's made something like £200,000 over the last year working for us and doing an abysmal job at the same time. He went AWOL in the summer and didn't bother his arse to contact out of contract players and left many to find out they were getting released via the local press and social media. When he returned he agreed a pay cut but was still on a chunky £3,000 a week IIRC before a further cut took him down to ~ £1,200. Fine he's working for free now but he's picked up a barrowload of cash for being utterly f'cking useless for a year now and contributing in part to the mess we find ourselves in. So I'll save any applause for this gesture.

16 minutes ago, RiG said:

He's made something like £200,000 over the last year working for us and doing an abysmal job at the same time. He went AWOL in the summer and didn't bother his arse to contact out of contract players and left many to find out they were getting released via the local press and social media. When he returned he agreed a pay cut but was still on a chunky £3,000 a week IIRC before a further cut took him down to ~ £1,200. Fine he's working for free now but he's picked up a barrowload of cash for being utterly f'cking useless for a year now and contributing in part to the mess we find ourselves in. So I'll save any applause for this gesture.

You have to wonder if it would have turned out any worse if they had just stuck with Billy Dodds. I’m thinking he would have been a better bet.