Work colleagues

How many meetings have minutes nowadays? Very few I'd imagine. When I was in the civil service we kept them often, but usually in case some bugger put in an FOI.
I was at one meeting a couple of months ago and the minutes of the previous meeting (which had taken place 6 months earlier) were distributed at the start. "Have a quick look and see if you spot any mistakes...now let's move on". Pointless.
The informal Teams meetings I'm involved with don't bother but the full meetings with a project manager involved still take minutes. Possibly a means of justifying their role?

18 hours ago, scottsdad said:

How many meetings have minutes nowadays? Very few I'd imagine. When I was in the civil service we kept them often, but usually in case some bugger put in an FOI.

I was at one meeting a couple of months ago and the minutes of the previous meeting (which had taken place 6 months earlier) were distributed at the start. "Have a quick look and see if you spot any mistakes...now let's move on". Pointless.

The point of minutes is to take note of any discussion that required an action to be taken.

"Re. Parking.  Contact Bob."

"Okay.  Did anyone contact Bob?"

"Yes.  He said speak to Bill."

"Re. Parking.  Contact Bill."

47 minutes ago, velo army said:

@AmericanFan alias found.

I get so confused these days. I didn't even realise that was an Americanism.

Anyway, gentle reminder: could everybody stop talking about Bill & Bob hanging around in the car park please? TIA.

I am in an online conference this morning and the key takeaway from me is that I must update my standard photo. 

Every speaker is introduced with a photo of a vibrant young smiling person, but when the come on to do the talk they are at least 10 years older, more grey, haggard and worn out. Like a photo of Empire Strikes Back Luke Skywalker then being greeted with The Last Jedi Luke Skywalker. 

I want people to know how grey and haggard I am before they see me rambling on.

58 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I get so confused these days. I didn't even realise that was an Americanism.

Anyway, gentle reminder: could everybody stop talking about Bill & Bob hanging around in the car park please? TIA.

Memo to all

Refer to them as William and Robert from now on.

cc: All

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I am in an online conference this morning and the key takeaway from me is that I must update my standard photo. 

Every speaker is introduced with a photo of a vibrant young smiling person, but when the come on to do the talk they are at least 10 years older, more grey, haggard and worn out. Like a photo of Empire Strikes Back Luke Skywalker then being greeted with The Last Jedi Luke Skywalker. 

fatherjack.jpg.814cbfe3930d22615b34e07a356a39e7.jpg

"Scottsdad, what do you have to say on the topic?"

"That..would..be...an...ecumenical...matter...."

4 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I've mentioned the inappropriate id photos we have on line. Instruction was clear, head shot, business/passport style photo. No...

Here's me at a wedding, here I am up a mountain/posing on a motorbike. Here's me out with the dog. Here's me on the Tuxedo Princess in 19fucking91...

My online pic used to be Homer Simpson biting into a doughnut. I was contacted by someone nameless via my manager that I "was to be reminded (ie told) that it had to be a picture of me".

I changed it to a pic of me, aged 6 months, which, a few weeks later, turned out to be unacceptable too! 🤷‍♂️

7 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Yep. One of my lecturers has to be a good twenty years younger than their Teams picture; looks like a different person. No excuse, considering they've only been using Teams for the last few years. Bit of a shock when we finally saw them on camera - a real "what happened to you?!" moment.

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

My online pic used to be Homer Simpson biting into a doughnut. I was contacted by someone nameless via my manager that I "was to be reminded (ie told) that it had to be a picture of me".

I changed it to a pic of me, aged 6 months, which, a few weeks later, turned out to be unacceptable too! 🤷‍♂️

Last job I was in, after we finished filling out my introductory paperwork, my boss whipped out her phone and quickly took a headshot of me "for your ID card" without notice. I looked a bit surprised, but otherwise it was a perfectly dull and cromulent work photo. She sent me a copy via email when the card was sent out, so I put it up on my staff profile. Two days later I got a call from the boss - an unnamed board member had seen the picture on the staff directory and had told her "get him to take that down and put up a picture without that stupid look on his face".

I put up a picture of me with a big insincere shiteating grin. Never heard a peep, although they did lay me off a few years later (not sure if related).

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

Yep. One of my lecturers has to be a good twenty years younger than their Teams picture; looks like a different person. No excuse, considering they've only been using Teams for the last few years. Bit of a shock when we finally saw them on camera - a real "what happened to you?!" moment.

Last job I was in, after we finished filling out my introductory paperwork, my boss whipped out her phone and quickly took a headshot of me "for your ID card" without notice. I looked a bit surprised, but otherwise it was a perfectly dull and cromulent work photo. She sent me a copy via email when the card was sent out, so I put it up on my staff profile. Two days later I got a call from the boss - an unnamed board member had seen the picture on the staff directory and had told her "get him to take that down and put up a picture without that stupid look on his face".

I put up a picture of me with a big insincere shiteating grin. Never heard a peep, although they did lay me off a few years later (not sure if related).

Twenty years younger, eh? Must moisturise 

17 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Twenty years younger, eh? Must moisturise 

Fucking hell; obviously I meant older.

That would be a bit bizarre. Expecting Edith to show up and in walks Yvette.

22 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I've mentioned the inappropriate id photos we have on line. Instruction was clear, head shot, business/passport style photo. No...

Here's me at a wedding, here I am up a mountain/posing on a motorbike. Here's me out with the dog. Here's me on the Tuxedo Princess in 19fucking91...

There's at least three women at my work whose profile photo has two women in it, presumably mother/daughter or a friend or something. Morons. 

A few years back I was trying to upload photos of me and my mates for Scotland Supporters Club memberships.  It was the last day to renew.  Contacted them by phone and they said to just upload any pic to get it completed and they would sort it out later.

I forgot all about it and we eventually all got our memberships through.  My photo was Homer Simpson.  Thank feck I did not have to pick up tickets at away games!