The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, Superhursty7 said:

I think the biggest thing is he's matured, you could see his massive potential at Ayr but when he made a mistake he would beat him self up, get frustrated and some times start flying into tackles that he didn't need to make and it effected him for ages after it, genuinely delighted for him.

His game has changed more than that. Wouldn't say he was lazy but more the type of player who was good with ball at his feet and technique was the main part of his game. Last few times i have watched him his effort and presence was like some of the players where work rate is the main part of their game. 

3 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

With how much Brown has been backed you’ve got to say anything less than promotion or at the very least making a right good go of it is a failure. 

With the stand finished , hospitality open and previous cash banked there was always going to be considerably more investment in the squad this season. I do wonder though if they've looked at the open nature of things/lack of clear favourites  and decided to over invest this season as it may be one where a feasible chance of success exists 

1 hour ago, muZZa__44 said:

Option 3:Ayr United FC |

When he was handed a new contract I thought, due to his positional flexibility, that he was going to be a handy squad member and for a not too hefty wage. Given the players we have signed subsequently I’m not sure he’ll get enough game time to justify the new contract.

4 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

When he was handed a new contract I thought, due to his positional flexibility, that he was going to be a handy squad member and for a not too hefty wage. Given the players we have signed subsequently I’m not sure he’ll get enough game time to justify the new contract.

He can play anywhere on the pitch. His versatility will come in handy at some point.

46 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Anyone wanting 2 tickets for the game, me and my old man are stuck on the Ayr bypass for almost an hour now and won’t make it DM if interested

If I had seen this just 5 minutes earlier I would have.

Noticed the state of the traffic as we were heading out, that's shite.

Just now, Hursty said:

For all the chat of squad depth it's a worry having McAllister presumably at CB here 

McAvoy should be in the squad next week and you’d hope McMann will be fit for the Falkirk game at least. 

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

McAvoy should be in the squad next week and you’d hope McMann will be fit for the Falkirk game at least. 

I know some of our fans are hoping we do well in the diddy diddy cup but if there is any doubt over McMann next week I would not be risking him. It’s a long season and the longer we stay in ‘that’ cup the more congested our fixtures become. Next week is a good chance to get legs in periphery squad members.

1 minute ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

I know some of our fans are hoping we do well in the diddy diddy cup but if there is any doubt over McMann next week I would not be risking him. It’s a long season and the longer we stay in ‘that’ cup the more congested our fixtures become. Next week is a good chance to get legs in periphery squad members.

Yeah I’d be giving starts to Hastie, Walker, Bavidge and Howley. 

I doubt McMann would be fit for next week.