The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Properly upset about this. Would be nice to go through one season without either having to watch a bad team or a critically depleted team trying to cope. Maybe one day. Not even anyone to get mad at over it.

I wonder if you will take another look at Bobby Wales now. Even though he has been in and around our squad so far it’s not really clear where he is in the pecking order and personally I would like to see him get another loan move if it means he is playing every week.

25 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Heard it’s an ACL injury for Dowds. 

That was pretty much my worst fear immediately after the injury last week considering the way he went down. Very important we find a striker before the loan window closes.

Hopefully for today we go 3 in midfield with Oakley up top on his own. Would allow Rus to get forward and essentially operate as a second striker. Alternatively we keep the current shape and put Bavidge in for Dowds but I can't see that working considering that Dowds and Bavidge are very different players.

8 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

That was pretty much my worst fear immediately after the injury last week considering the way he went down. Very important we find a striker before the loan window closes.

Hopefully for today we go 3 in midfield with Oakley up top on his own. Would allow Rus to get forward and essentially operate as a second striker. Alternatively we keep the current shape and put Bavidge in for Dowds but I can't see that working considering that Dowds and Bavidge are very different players.

I think Rus might still be injured and missing today 

22 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I wonder if you will take another look at Bobby Wales now. Even though he has been in and around our squad so far it’s not really clear where he is in the pecking order and personally I would like to see him get another loan move if it means he is playing every week.

I was quite keen on us bringing in Bobby Wales before we signed Bavidge as a back up. If Killie are agreeable to it I'd absolutely be asking the question of a loan for Wales now if Dowds Injury is as bad as feared.

5 minutes ago, AUcal said:

I was quite keen on us bringing in Bobby Wales before we signed Bavidge as a back up. If Killie are agreeable to it I'd absolutely be asking the question of a loan for Wales now if Dowds Injury is as bad as feared.

It’s a tough one regarding Wales. I think he really has potential to have a good career, I’m not talking EPL or anything because if he was that good he would probably have been stolen away already. It’s feel as if McInnes wants to keep him but the worst thing for Wales, for me,  would be to play 300 minutes of top flight football over the season whilst leading the line for the reserves.

A season having a chance to be a regular starter in the Championship does feel like the natural next step for him.

It’s a right swift kick in the baws right enough!!!

Seems a lot worse than Dipo missing out on the first Partick play off game and that was a sore one.

He must be distraught!! 😫 

The players just need to show up and whoever takes his place needs to give it 100% and you never know what might happen.

It’s a right b*****d though, for everyone involved.

(News much not have reached the Lolkirk fans yet, and I can only hope they take it with a bit of decorum)

24 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

This is thoroughly deflating news. Has such a promising start had the potential to derail so early in a season before..

It's fine I'm about to post the Trump meme in the match thread that has kept us unbeaten so far this season.

The team managing to find a win today despite the depleted squad would make me feel a whole lot happier.

A huge loss and absolutely gutted for Anton. From a purely footballling perspective I'm hoping its not the killer blow it might seem on paper, we still have Oakley causing chaos for defences, so as long as we can get folk around him / Bavidge can step up with some goals, we might be okay.

7 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Question is, who is going to take the pre-arranged gift of our weekly penalty throughout the season?

Since Whittaker was good at them might as well add an extra 0 onto Watret's price tag.

1 minute ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Question is, who is going to take the pre-arranged gift of our weekly penalty throughout the season?

Revert back to Dempsey id imagine. Absolutely gutted for Anton, he’s had a brilliant start to the season and throughly seems like a really likeable guy. I hope he can start his rehab and get back on the pitch asap.

There is no doubt this is a massive blow to us. He’s been an integral part to our attacking play this season. I think Bavidge will come in and do fine however there is no doubt we need to bring another striker in now. We’re now one injury/suspension away from having to play McKenzie upfront again. 

Our next two games are winnable even with the injuries however really don’t fancy going to Falkirk or playing Livingston with a threadbare squad. We could really do with some clarification from the club after the game today on player availability. 

1 hour ago, Nelson said:

Is it just me or do ACL injuries seem a lot more common nowadays?  In some ways it seemed a little innocuous with Dowds - overstretched and then fell awkwardly.  

I reckon a lot of it is down to the design of the boot studs these days. 

1 hour ago, Nelson said:

Edited by Only me...

2 hours ago, Iain said:

Properly upset about this. Would be nice to go through one season without either having to watch a bad team or a critically depleted team trying to cope. Maybe one day. Not even anyone to get mad at over it.

We might not have our best team on the pitch but our squad is very healthy compared to most so we should be able to cope. A big problem in this division over the last few seasons is teams getting a few injuries and going on long a run of nil points.  This will happen again and a lot of teams will be left relying on young players whilst we have enough cover to loan ours out.

Dowds will be a big loss but Bavidge came with some good reviews so now needs to step up. Think the management team have done their homework around rotation and positions having enough cover so over the season we will be fine 

Terrible news about Anton if true , it was looking like he was about to have his best season ever 

If we are to bring in a replacement then options will be limited , my guess would be that our preferred option would be a big unit as we already have Bavidge . As losing Oakley without a unit as cover would disrupt our style of play massively.