The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Forrest is a tricky one , £10k now or nothing in 4 months !!!!

Each league placing was worth £12.5k last season. On his game Forrest has been unplayable and think we would struggle without him.  If we get this transfer window wrong then results will suffer and could also impact crowds 

11 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Houston deal up this month , Kerr will not allow anyone to leave if no cover , if he decides to wait to end of season before hanging up boots all the better , if he stays and no one goes 2/3 will be all we could afford 

One of the main arguements for appointing Kerr was it would be cheaper than appointing an experienced manager therefore we would have extra money to spend on the playing squad yet we’re only going to get 2 or 3 players where it’s been recognised we need more than that if we want to finish in the playoffs. 

10 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

We can all want as much as we like, Kerr also, but the player at the other end must want to come to Ayr.

We are the small fish in the big full time pond remember.

Nonsesne. Giving our league position we should be a much more attractive proposition than at least 4 other full time teams (Morton, qos, Raith and Airdrie). I omitted Falkirk as they are clearly a big club punching massively below their weight. 

41 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

One of the main arguements for appointing Kerr was it would be cheaper than appointing an experienced manager therefore we would have extra money to spend on the playing squad yet we’re only going to get 2 or 3 players where it’s been recognised we need more than that if we want to finish in the playoffs. 

If no one goes , the only spare wage we have is Kerrs playing wage , Adams was on next to nothing as pay per play , where are we going to get money to pay an extra 4/5 players wages( and potential transfer fee , as we only have 1 loan space) with an owner who has said he is not pumping in money and we need to live within our means , not ideal I know , imo we can only afford 2 or 3 maximum .

Edited by Robbo63

It would be the ultimate shithousery from McCall if Adams pitched up fit and well at Firhill in the next six weeks. 

There are a few players who have cult status at Ayr and Jamie was a legend among cult heroes. Getting Stranraer so wound up they went down to nine men was a particular highlight. 

6 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Adams retirement confirmed.

Didn't take many games for the big fermer to gain legendary status, a bit of me expected him to come back on up at Cliftonhill. I'm a Queensbury Rules kind of guy but the big man was a joy to watch getting stuck in. 

4 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

If no one goes , the only spare wage we have is Kerrs playing wage , Adams was on next to nothing as pay per play , where are we going to get money to pay an extra 4/5 players wages( and potential transfer fee , as we only have 1 loan space) with an owner who has said he is not pumping in money and we need to live within our means , not ideal I know , imo we can only afford 2 or 3 maximum .

There is more money though... 

Chairman Lachlan Cameron said :”We are absolutely thrilled to have someone of David’s stature come on to our Board of Directors. It is something we have been working towards and now is the right time. He brings an initial financial injection for the club however overall he will bring a lot more than that. He is a top class businessman, a great guy and a huge Ayr supporter.”

I'd be disappointed if we don't manage to bring 3 in. Given Kerr's wage is freed up, as is Sandy Stewart's, as is big Jamie's (even if pay is you play), with AU 500 money & new director money (which is at least £10k just to get on the board). If we don't make 3 signings given that then there is something awry.

Edited by Trogdor
Just realised I renamed Sandy Stewart to Clark!

21 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

There is more money though... 

I'd be disappointed if we don't manage to bring 3 in. Given Kerr's wage is freed up, as is Sandy Clark's, as is big Jamie's (even if pay is you play), with AU 500 money & new director money (which is at least £10k just to get on the board). If we don't make 3 signings given that then there is something awry.

I stated money for 2/3 max , not for the 4/5 that a number of fans want , the money for director will not all go on players , club are struggling to pay all employees with our current income , believe budget was set on approx ave 1800 fans  I think we are trending down on that , 

Edited by Robbo63

If doc stays, 2 good first team players is what I'm looking for. If he goes, 3.

I'd like 4 but it's not fantasy football here. It's real money, and it's simply not there for more players.

Last year at this time you'd be pushed to say 2 of the 3 were first team ready. That's the key for me. Quality, not quantity.

Hearing we've upped the bid to 20k with Forrest set to fly out to La Manga and join up with our team within the next few days. Apparently could fly out and play as a trialist in our game against Anderlecht on the 11th prior to being officially announced when we're back 

Edited by ATLIS

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

Hearing we've upped the bid to 20k with Forrest set to fly out to La Manga and join up with our team within the next few days. Apparently could fly out and play as a trialist in our game against Anderlecht on the 11th prior to being officially announced when we're back 

£40k and Sibbald and you can have him 

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

I'm hearing livi are going bust again in the next year and coming back as macaroni thistle .

1 minute ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I'm hearing livi are going bust again in the next year and coming back as macaroni thistle .

Reduced our debt by 70% in the last 3 seasons, broke even last season and haven't made a loss in about 4 or 5 years. All is rosy for us :)

Edited by ATLIS

Just now, ATLIS said:

:D Reckon you'll try hold out for 40k to be fair but if we get a PCA over the line then it'll probably drag the fee down

I think your PCA will be a pretty good bet , but I heard there is a team not far from you also showing interest in him 

[emoji3] Reckon you'll try hold out for 40k to be fair but if we get a PCA over the line then it'll probably drag the fee down

There’s no point letting him go for pennies in January regardless of any PCA.