Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

Very surprised that so many folks seem to be out and about. I'm in Duddingston/ Portobello and other than the usual shops, the streets and roads seem very quiet. 

Although when I read about the madness at Five Guys when it re-opened a take-away service in Fountainbridge I really wonder about what goes on in folks heads. Is it really that important to get a burger? If it is, fair enough - but at least try and keep some sort of distancing. All that's going to happen is there will be a tightening of the restrictions on who can do take away...

Plenty people chilling in St Mark's Park when I skated through earlier. Nice atmosphere. 

3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Really? Our next door neighbour paid over £100,000 for his bungalow. Would be lucky to get £65,000 odd for it now.

Did you move in after he bought it, then?

ETA:OK, slow off the mark, but unsurprising I'm not the only one to tap that in.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

5 hours ago, philpy said:

The people that deserve a slap out of this the most are millenials. Sick of hearing young c***s moaning because they can't get to the pub for dark fruits and jagerbombs, or they can't get out for a "cheeky nandos" or a "maccy dees".  We all have to deal with the the issue of not getting out to do the things we like for a good while,  but we just have to suck it up and get on with it. Aye I'm missing going for a Friday pint, but I can still get beers at the shop. 

EDF1EAF8-6CBC-4E79-A5E0-604A07A6D923.jpeg

2 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Byres Road had quite a few folk waiting to get into the Santander bank (open every other day at the moment), a few folk queuing at the butcher and fishmonger. Waitrose had folk queued down the block and halfway up the street around the corner. Then again there are limited numbers allowed in these places. Did seem busier overall.

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

It's been fairly quiet the last few days. I definitely think there are more people out on Fridays for some reason

Byres Road definitely seemed busier today than the rest of the week. More traffic too.

1 minute ago, Jeff Venom said:

There's yer Katie Hopkins back from her hibernation to predictably turn on the NHS via those few staff having the temerity to engage in a few moments of levity on social media.

That will split the gammons the nhs are all superheroes just now according to gammon media 

17 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Coronavirus: Test website closes after 'significant demand'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52405852

Yet 51% think cuntface Johnson is doing a good job.

Makes you wonder if a pandemic is really so bad.*

* snowflakes triggered.

16 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Why are secondary school teachers included in this?

Hospital staff, emergency services, and retirement home staff should by some distance the priority. In fact they should be tested frequently.

Just now, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Why are secondary school teachers included in this?

Hospital staff, emergency services, and retirement home staff should by some distance the priority. In fact they should be tested frequently.

Are you thick or just an attention seeker?

19 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I’m just catching up on this but it’s no surprise.  Even if we assume everyone using it is genuinely a key worker(which absolutely won’t be the case with no checks) the numbers aren’t anywhere close to adding up.  10 million looking for 15000 tests means they will be taken up very quickly.

20 hours ago, bennett said:

Kilbirnie folk should have an immunity to the virus tbf. 

Theres lots of folk who'd love to be out doing passtimes/interests outside (myself included) but it's just not worth the risk in not following the rules.

Cycling is permitted and my daily cycle has probably kept me reasonably sane during this, tho I've noticed that even the wee country roads are starting to fill up with folk out walking. 

Harsh !!

That's what I mean though, what 's the difference between cycling and golfing from a risk perspective ? I'd actually say cycling is far more dangerous both in terms of breaching social distancing and for a general risk of personal injury which would obviously impact the emergency sevices.

5 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

You answer my question first.
Why is an education adviser getting a test ahead of medical staff?

Education staff and health workers are both 'Tier 1' in the list of key workers, so are both entitled to first dibs on the tests.