Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I continue to be stunned that Ash Regan is a real person.

20230316_153440.jpg.5b8a229ee81386c7f51259b7efacd24e.jpg

image.thumb.png.cacbacdacea7d7813ccdbf39af6b4794.png

I see a lot of press releases every day from politicians at work. But fair play to her. That's the first time one has ever made me audibly laugh.

4 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

image.thumb.png.cacbacdacea7d7813ccdbf39af6b4794.png

I see a lot of press releases every day from politicians at work. But fair play to her. That's the first time one has ever made me audibly laugh.

Me too. Thought it was a parody at first.

What a slogan.

13 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Just me that thought it odd that Regan's letter claimed to also be on the behalf of Forbes and her team, yet nobody apparently thought to ask either Forbes or anyone from her team to act as a counter-signatory?

Forbes had her own letter.

intro-1634244097.jpg

Edited by welshbairn

8 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Just me that thought it odd that Regan's letter claimed to also be on the behalf of Forbes and her team, yet nobody apparently thought to ask either Forbes or anyone from her team to act as a counter-signatory?

No, it smacked of a brief conversation in the hall turned into "lets fuckin do this" by Ash - who seems to be off the scale mental.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Forbes had her own letter.

Indeed, but that doesn't alter the fact that it's decidedly odd to write a formal letter and claim within it to be acting on someone else's behalf, then not even bother to have them verify that.

Ash Regans "campaign website" is a thing to behold.

Heres the latest link about the membership numbers - https://voteashregan.com/snp-membership-number-release/

I particularly liked this section which mentions that the drop in numbers "quickened" the First Ministers resignation..............

image.png.5f3693312040b2af9f297c8e7e9e135a.png

I'm not overly surprised by the decline since the Dec'21 number. I've gone through my own bank statements and scrutinised expenditure umpteen times since then, binned off quite a few things I felt I could no longer justify the spend on, and I can understand why someone might think that paying a membership fee to a political party is not a justifiable expense when they can, if they choose, still support them come polling time. I also think there were a lot of people who felt motivated to join the party around the time of the NS attempted stitch-up in Feb'21 who would have perhaps backed off a bit once their ire had waned somewhat.

Interesting that SNP fees are variable and at the discretion of the individual member, so I wonder if a lot of the members who might have relinquished their membership because of cost were folk who were giving an amount that was perfectly affordable for them a while back, but suddenly looks quite different against the backdrop of the CoL crisis.

7 minutes ago, Bodie said:

So they've lost close to 1/3 of their members since December 2021.

A start date that neatly coincides with Sturgeon and Leitch's Omicron 'circuit breaker'. That was the one where a shan cold variant in South Africa conveniently stopped scum football fans from going to games or young people going to a bar - but not old biddies from attending churches or snivelling weans from going to the plague factory. 

Good to see many thousands of others cancelled their DD either around that farce or similar hopeless lurches in government since. 

Yip, for once I'd agree about handling of Covid being a factor. I was as pro-NS as anyone and I was fucking livid with her handling of the Omicron period.

No surprise to see Regan attempt to pin it all on GRR though, when that has been a policy goal since 2016.

It was certainly Covid decisions that made many on here resign or say they couldn't vote for them again, people who left because of GRR had probably joined Alba a while back. I don't see how Regan could have known the number of members in October, she's making it up.