Which Male Comedian Do You Hate The Most?

11 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Is he a comedian?

Absolutely not a comedian.

I think he would call himself and actor, but I prefer "criminal" as a label for him.

Micheal McIntyre is dreadful.

Takeishis castle on Amazon is a fun watch, kudos if she was watching the originals.

A couple of people in these posts who I would never have even classed as comedians. James Corden is indeed horrific, but is he really a comedian? 

Who’s the scouse lad who is all over Facebook, from some comedy club? He seems a bit imbecilic and not particularly funny. 

There’s a couple of names who have already been mentioned, but if like to add the completely unfunny twat that is Rob Beckett , I’ll probably be able to think of plenty more given time but I’m sure they will probably be mentioned by others

6 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

A couple of people in these posts who I would never have even classed as comedians. James Corden is indeed horrific, but is he really a comedian? 

Who’s the scouse lad who is all over Facebook, from some comedy club? He seems a bit imbecilic and not particularly funny. 

Ginger? If so, probably Paul Smith you’re referring to 

26 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Is he a comedian?

11 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

James Corden is indeed horrific, but is he really a comedian? 

I was listening to an audiobook by a comedienne a few days ago; she listed off her favourite male stand-ups at one point and included James Corden, which was bizarre in a number of ways. She included Ricky Gervais too, which was more amusing than Ricky Gervais, considering it seems most comedians think he's a terrible stand-up comedian.

Edit: an American comedienne BTW, so maybe Corden's been doing stand-up over there, or perhaps they assume he's a comedian because of his talk show gig.

Edited by BFTD

2 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Nish. Kumar.

Fucking dreadful.

Kudos to whichever P&Ber coined the apt epithet "Pish Kumar".

Not wishing to derail the the thread but 2 quick points that crossed my mind recently :-

1. Sense of Humour changing with age. Maybe 5 or 6 years ago, I used to regularly watch a variety of comics, mostly on YT . Jim Jefferies, Eddie Izzard, Doug Stanhope, Frankie B., Kevin B., George Carlin.

Nowadays I can't be arsed with any of them and don't get me started on small screen parasitic limpets such as Jimmy Carr, McIntyre, Bishop, Merton, Norton etc. Utter, utter, amoebic, bottom-of-the-barrel ordure.

I'm not sure why I now find stand-ups that I used to howl at, now make me reach for the remote. Maybe it's me or maybe it's because I find the world such a fvcking depressing place atm and their very little to laugh at.

There's only 2 folk I'll watch at present - Stewart Lee and Tommy Tiernan.

2. Stand Ups rowing back on old material. Dave Chapelle and Ricky Gervais have come under a bit of scrutiny recently for stuff they did a few years back. https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2024/jan/03/dave-chappelle-the-dreamer-ricky-gervais-armageddon-netflix

Must be loads of other stand ups in the same boat, trying to remain relevant.

Anyhoo, I'm just a boring auld fart these days so let me have it, peepul..........

21 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Miranda

That got a giggle from me. I'd put Sandi Toksvig in that category too.

In no order:

Ben Elton

Frank Skinner and his idiot side-kick Baddiel

Stephen Fry

Harry Hill

Monty Python

16 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Not wishing to derail the the thread but 2 quick points that crossed my mind recently :-

1. Sense of Humour changing with age. Maybe 5 or 6 years ago, I used to regularly watch a variety of comics, mostly on YT . Jim Jefferies, Eddie Izzard, Doug Stanhope, Frankie B., Kevin B., George Carlin.

Nowadays I can't be arsed with any of them and don't get me started on small screen parasitic limpets such as Jimmy Carr, McIntyre, Bishop, Merton, Norton etc. Utter, utter, amoebic, bottom-of-the-barrel ordure.

I'm not sure why I now find stand-ups that I used to howl at, now make me reach for the remote. Maybe it's me or maybe it's because I find the world such a fvcking depressing place atm and their very little to laugh at.

There's only 2 folk I'll watch at present - Stewart Lee and Tommy Tiernan.

2. Stand Ups rowing back on old material. Dave Chapelle and Ricky Gervais have come under a bit of scrutiny recently for stuff they did a few years back. https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2024/jan/03/dave-chappelle-the-dreamer-ricky-gervais-armageddon-netflix

Must be loads of other stand ups in the same boat, trying to remain relevant.

Anyhoo, I'm just a boring auld fart these days so let me have it, peepul..........

Both Chapelle and Gervais’ recent efforts were very poor. 

Just now, mathematics said:

Both Chapelle and Gervais’ recent efforts were very poor. 

Ricky Gervais new show spent a lot of time defending his earlier stuff. I think he's quite good and should just ploughed on being offensive.