Which Male Comedian Do You Hate The Most?

I'll answer my own question.

Comedians have become like musicians. We judge people based on musical taste. The more obscure and leftfield the more we can demonstrate our taste to be, we imagine our social standing is elevated. Until the band/comedian becomes mainstream, then they're shite.

40 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Haven't seen Sadowitz yet but he's definitely one I'd like to go and see. Particularly as you can't find anything on him in clips! 

"Mother Teresa - what a c**t!" As opening lines go, that's hard to top. 

The last time I saw him was in Glasgow in 2017. (I remember that trip very fondly, because I also took in Motherwell battering Rangers in the semi-final  at Hampden the next day.) It was not long after the Grenfell Tower fire, and even though you expect (nay, hope)to be a bit shocked by Sadowitz, I sat in actual open mouthed  disbelief at that bit. As best as I could tell, though, nobody walked out.

11 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

The last time I saw him was in Glasgow in 2017. (I remember that trip very fondly, because I also took in Motherwell battering Rangers in the semi-final  at Hampden the next day.) It was not long after the Grenfell Tower fire, and even though you expect (nay, hope)to be a bit shocked by Sadowitz, I sat in actual open mouthed  disbelief at that bit. As best as I could tell, though, nobody walked out.

I saw him in Inverness after he got banned at the Edinburgh Festival and it was sad to see him forced to explain that he didn't really believe everything he said and show the rubber cocks he uses as props so nobody would think he was getting his own todger out. Still hilarious though and deeply weird.

1 minute ago, Nae Union said:

Can't believe this fanny hasn't had a mention.

0101f5ea4356ee7a4cd9f599655ed41d0d1a578d.jpg

I don't think anybody's thought of Ben Elton as a comedian since the Eighties.

I don't think anybody's thought of Ben Elton at all in a good twenty years or more.

I don't think Gervais hates trans people or disabled people. He's just completely indifferent to any affect his "jokes" have on societal attitudes towards them and washes his hands of responsibility because its a joke.

I say its a joke as the few clips I have seen of his more recent shows there doesn't seem to be any jokes. Just yer auld drunk uncle on a rant about something with no punchline or payoff. 

For all he plagiarises stuff I genuinely think he worked up that slug/snail one himself and that makes me feel a bit bad for him.

What makes Gervais so awful is he thinks he's Sadowitz except Sadowitz is the butt of the joke - a miserable unloved wretch who nobody would listen to or aspire to be rather than a smug multi millionaire with a worldwide platform.

I don't think I hate any comedian, male or female. There are plenty that annoy me, even more who I don't find particularly funny and one or two I'd probably actively change the channel if they were on TV, but I don't think I hate any of them. 

Annoy: Jack Whitehall, Rhod Gilbert, Rob Beckett

Unfunny: Peter Kay, Frankie Boyle, Joe Wilkinson

Channel-changers: Steve Coogan (is he a stand-up?), Nish Kumar, Michael McIntyre, Joel Dommett.

Likes: early Billy Connolly, early Eddie Izzard, Dara O'Briain, Jerry Sadowiz, Greg Davies, anyone who can tell an amusing anecdote really.

Hate is a strong word but there are definitely comedians that I don't find funny.  Off the top of my head I can think of James Acaster, Ricky Gervais, and Noel Fielding (among UK comedians) and Dane Cook (among North American comedians)

Who is the Scottish lad who looks like a walnut with specs who seems to be on the rise?

Him.

Also the half dozen who seem to pop up on my instagram feed doing the same shit over and over to English and American audiences about how no one can understand their thick (Glasgow Uni) Scottish accent. The same middle class ones also do a lot on "their experiences" of sectarian and gang violence in Glasgow. 

13 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Who is the Scottish lad who looks like a walnut with specs who seems to be on the rise?

Him.

interested to find out who you mean here

7 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Please, no-one bother starting an equivalent female comedian thread.

1. Open thread.

2. Type the names Sarah Millican & Miranda Hart.

3. Close thread.

There was a worst comedians thread in the top 5 section. It was full of women. I can only assume this was to avoid that.

I’m with @Florentine_Pogen, I just don’t really find any of them funny anymore. I just find someone standing up and telling jokes try hard rubbish 99% of the time. So I very rarely watch it these days. 

I did/do actually like Ricky gervais but he also annoys me. He’s not right wing or anything but his ego gets in the way of far too much of his stuff. 

I liked humanity and thought he touched on some good things but the fact his next two have basically gone over the exact same topics just to prove how much he doesn’t care about the criticism just makes him seem a p***k.

Same goes for his sitcoms where he absolutely has to force in something about atheism to show how right he is about it, even as a fictional character. 

2 hours ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

I cant say ive ever studied Indian history in any great detail, but from certain snippets she apparently was a bit of a c**t if she didnt like you? Im with Sadowitz on this one. 

2 hours ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

16 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I cant say ive ever studied Indian history in any great detail, but from certain snippets she apparently was a bit of a c**t if she didnt like you? Im with Sadowitz on this one. 

Christopher Hitchens agreed with Jerry....

Edited by Florentine_Pogen