Which Male Comedian Do You Hate The Most?

1. All ventriloquists and I know thread says male but Nina Conti is the worst IMO

image.png.f8ebd4ac3bc7ea299c1beb28ea70b0f5.png

2. Impressionists especially Alistair McGowan who is so poor he always has to tell you who he's impersonating!

image.png.ec8efeee2de8341c9dce6a3147e769e2.png

3. Mrs. Brown

image.png.f7726ea8e0e5293f476c6d99ce0d70bf.png

4. Jim Davidson, Roy "Chubby" Brown & Ricky Gervais - I was the minority of one who didn't like The Office.

Just realised that in originally nominating Rob Beckett, Romesh Ranganathan, Josh Widdecombe, and Jack Whitehall, I might stand accused of simply having something against irritating English kunts in general.

Oh well, there you go, etc. Time for a cuppa’.

I love these threads for disabusing the notion that humour is an objective truth. Everyone will have had a mention by the end, and I dare say there are a few people holding back from saying Billy Connolly as they know the consequences  :P

4 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I love these threads for disabusing the notion that humour is an objective truth. Everyone will have had a mention by the end, and I dare say there are a few people holding back from saying Billy Connolly as they know the consequences  :P

I did say BC has been shite for about 20 years.

Des Clarke.

Desperately unfunny, gallus for no deserved reason, and kept in a job by BBC Scotland only because any decent Scottish comedians tend to abandon Scotland.  I personally blame Janey Godley and other chronic guests for making him look competent in comparison.

9 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

I'll bypass the obvious Manning/Davidson. McIntyre isn't for me so I just don't watch him. Same with Russell Brand. 

There is a stream of middle class toss that ended any interest in Mock the week about 10 years ago. People that just aren't funny and will eke out a living doing pre-scripted panel shows and concept shows at the fringe without saying anything funny or relevant. 

Of the mainstream acts, Kevin Bridges last show was pretty poor by his standards but some of his previous work is good. Jim Jeffries realised he could make money being a right on, liberal tv presenter despite doing some horrifically graphic jokes in the past which just made me think he was a bit of a fraud.
I've never really been a fan of Dave Chappelle but like a lot of American comedians. I can't stand Andrew Schultz or Stavros Halkias who are two large, emerging acts from US comedy. 

But right now, my number one least favourite is Ricky Gervais. I have watched all his output over the years, Derek and Afterlife are horrific and feel like these fake videos online of people doing nice things for folk that just happen to be filmed. 

His last two specials, he's stolen stuff off Bill Burr, Tim Dillon and a few other comedians. Comedians with an edgy act are either steeped in irony or have a method of providing punchlines that are clever and don't punch down. Gervais is basically Jim Davidson now. 
He did a lot of lazy stereotypes and made jokes about stuff that just isn't true, Like his joke about asylum seekers only being 20 year old men. 

The fact Netflix gave him the GDP of an island nation for it is an absolute nonsense.  

Kind of the clue m8. That he spends time explaining in his shows* that he is telling a joke is a sign of the times really. If you think Gervais is an outright horrible c**t like Jim Davidson then you clearly don't get his schtick. 

* As do other edgy comedians unfortunately. 

9 minutes ago, mathematics said:

I did say BC has been shite for about 20 years.

I wouldn't say shite, but the quality took a definite nosedive when his life experiences stopped being relatable. He'd been consistently hilarious for decades by that point, though.

That said, there are people on here who think a toff repeating "I know you!" is absolutely hilarious, so what do I know.

7 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Jack Whitehall has never delivered a funny line in his life. Even when he has writers and steals jokes he can't land any of them. Horrendous.

Back when John Bishop was a thing (not heard that name for a while, so I presume he's either dead or in the nick), somebody bought me tickets to see him in Aberdeen.

He had this overly-long and dull anecdote that took so long to tell that nobody laughed when he 'landed' the line.  The incredibly awkward hushed silence followed by a pity chuckle evidently had him rattled.  So at least one part of the show was funny.

18 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Des Clarke.

Desperately unfunny, gallus for no deserved reason, and kept in a job by BBC Scotland only because any decent Scottish comedians tend to abandon Scotland.  I personally blame Janey Godley and other chronic guests for making him look competent in comparison.

I noticed that there's a new UK version of Jeopardy just started with Stephen Fry, and Des Clarke is the announcer. Only seen one episode, but it has a very strange atmosphere like it was supposed to be funny but nobody was actually saying anything amusing, so that works.

There ought to be a rule that, for every comedian you dismiss as terrible on here, you have to disclose one of your personal favourites.

Unfortunately, people will lie about being big Richard Pryor or Lenny Bruce connoisseurs instead of revealing their love of Bobby Davro and Gary Wilmot.

Lots of good shouts in here. There are a lot of unfunny commedians out there: Nish Kumar, Josh Widdecombe and James Acaster amongst others. The only thing funny about James Acaster is that his girlfriend left him for Rowan Atkinson.  

But my least favourites would have to be those that the mere sight of pisses me off, in addition to them not being funny. Rob Beckett's face is a proper 10/10 on the punchable scale, for example. But my least favourite would have to be Noel Fielding. He just leaves me feeling uneasy; I can't help but feel like the man is a complete fucking creep and an almost certain wrong 'un. 

26 minutes ago, BFTD said:

There ought to be a rule that, for every comedian you dismiss as terrible on here, you have to disclose one of your personal favourites.

Unfortunately, people will lie about being big Richard Pryor or Lenny Bruce connoisseurs instead of revealing their love of Bobby Davro and Gary Wilmot.

Hate - Michael McIntyre, Lenny Henry, Russell Kane, Russell Howard (in his defence, I saw him when he was first starting and he was funny, just went downhill rapidly)

Like - David O'Doherty, Sean Lock, Bill Hicks, George Carlin, Robin Williams, Jim Jeffries.

Edited by Suspect Device

3 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Hate - Michael McIntyre, Lenny Henry

Like - David O'Doherty, Sean Lock

I've somehow managed to avoid absolutely anything Lenny's done since Chef, but I don't think I've heard anything good about him in thirty years.

Anyone suggest any links to his recent material so I can get up to date?

Just now, BFTD said:

I've somehow managed to avoid absolutely anything Lenny's done since Chef, but I don't think I've heard anything good about him in thirty years.

If he has done anything, I've managed to avoid it.#

And Chef.

Rufus Hound 

Russel Kane

Noel Fielding

Plenty of names mentioned on here are completely unfunny but i can't see the hateability. Nish Kumar and Josh Widdecombe for example, come across as just incredibly stupid and eager to please,  which i think deserves more pity than scorn. 

The above three all have a dark aura of evil. 

Just now, BFTD said:

I think he's been trying to reinvent himself as a writer of late.