Rovers 🔵 ⚪️ v Pars ⚫️ ⚪️- 9th March

1 hour ago, Craigus said:

Pars fans grasping at crowd figures from when they occasionally gained points from us is a superb attemp at deflection from just how much we own their mob nowadays. One club going forwards and upwards, one heading back to the seaside. 

Really sad there are no more derbies this season. Maybe we can easily pump you out of the  cup again next year. 

you know they are going to beat you in the plays dont you

12 minutes ago, North West said:

Around 1600, and maybe because we're shite just now. Are you really that stupid you had to ask that question? 

Collective amnesia and high jinks because they are doing so well just now. Obviously forgetting their attendances when they were average, nevermind poor. 

Crowds go up when team is winning, crowds go down when team is losing. Shock. 

We've been murder this season and yet average attendance is still respectable. Go figure. 

5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

What was the story from those two pens. From the highlight the pars one looked a stonewaller where as the raith boy just appeared to fall over . 

Think the story is the polar opposite of that summary.

6 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

What was the story from those two pens. From the highlight the pars one looked a stonewaller where as the raith boy just appeared to fall over . 

Bit early to be drinking is it no?

Todd hit the deck about half an hour after brown went near him. 

Edited by buchan30

49 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Never in a month of Sundays.

Todd had a brass neck complaining about his yellow card. A ridiculous dive.

Just watched the highlights. A lot to admire about that 2nd goal.

The leap from Hamilton

The attempted body check by Edwards

The quick free kick from Vaughan

The finish from Easton

But by far and away the highlight is the cheating fraud of a right back jumping out the way of the shot and letting it nestle in the bottom corner.

Just glorious, especially after his antics to get Easton booked.

1 hour ago, buchan30 said:

Bit early to be drinking is it no?

Todd hit the deck about half an hour after brown went near him. 

Definitely some contact watching the highlights and the raith one I can't see any contact at all. Boy just falls over. I've no skin in the game but the Dunfermline one looked more a pen than raiths going by the highlights obviously.

Rovers got their goal and basically sat on the lead that's what any team should do against us as we cannot break down teams. Can have all the possession but we don't do anything with it. Apart from a 5-10 min spell in the second half we never looked threatening. Yet again though our goals conceded are very avoidable. Taking Otoo off is criminal especially with the way Todd was playing and leaving him on. Special mention to Dabrowski for that save. Probably the best save I've seen live. 

27 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Definitely some contact watching the highlights

I'm not sure there is. I've done my best to watch it frame-by-frame - I can't see a boot making contact with the attacker. Where I would be frustrated as a Dunfermline fan is the booking - with the positioning of the ref, it's a big call to say it was a dive and not a fall (I'm still fairly sure it is a dive though).

image.png.cc3251ea618024cd553e813e5eb66f0a.png

20 minutes ago, chris1883 said:

I'm not sure there is. I've done my best to watch it frame-by-frame - I can't see a boot making contact with the attacker. Where I would be frustrated as a Dunfermline fan is the booking - with the positioning of the ref, it's a big call to say it was a dive and not a fall (I'm still fairly sure it is a dive though).

image.png.cc3251ea618024cd553e813e5eb66f0a.png

The booking isn’t unfair, because he has tried to deceive the ref and claims for the penalty. He hasn’t once tried to claim he had just fallen. For there to be contact, Browns’ right leg would have to be longer than his left. Brown in no way gets the ball, but he doesn’t touch Todd either. 

1 hour ago, Double Jack D said:

But by far and away the highlight is the cheating fraud of a right back jumping out the way of the shot and letting it nestle in the bottom corner.

Just glorious, especially after his antics to get Easton booked.

Watching Footy Adventures video of the game and the ref looked utterly pissed when he seen their right back jump straight back to his feet as soon as Easton had been booked.   

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Definitely some contact watching the highlights and the raith one I can't see any contact at all. Boy just falls over. I've no skin in the game but the Dunfermline one looked more a pen than raiths going by the highlights obviously.

If you saw Todd’s dive from the south stand  you saw it for what it was, ours wasn’t a pen I thought Stanton lost his footing that’s all

Never mind the penalty shout that Matty Todd got booked for, 05:35 on the Rovers highlights is a stonewaller, every day of the week. Ref had a brilliant view. Personally think the ref got the “dive” wrong too, was far to keen to make it about him, more cards than Mother's Day.

For the record, we’d have probably missed the penalties had they been given…