Motherwell - Aberdeen 16/03/2024

On 14/03/2024 at 16:28, capt_oats said:

This definitely feels like an Aberdeen win.

Supporters on our side who haven't learned their lesson looking at the Top 6, us coming off the back of scudding the **** and generally being in alright form (we've only lost 2 of our last 10 league games).

giphy.gif

Both ‘goals’ were very good strikes, both keepers had at least one good save. We didn’t do enough to win, not convinced Aberdeen did either but they got the goal that counted.

It definitely felt like Motherwell hadn't played for two weeks, Aberdeen were quicker to every second ball. Their 'keeper made some good saves.

I was disappointed to see us playing the long hopefully ball upfront instead of actually giving Bair a chance to get on the end of it .

I've yet to see replays of the two handball incidents but if it takes 6 minutes to disallow the goal then 'clear and obvious ' is a load of shite.

Edited by Jastons6

51 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

In fairness, have you seen this Aberdeen team 

Less than I've seen us, tbf, and I've fucking seen us.

I thought there was f**k all in it tbh. We had chances. If the handball law wasn't a fucking nonsense we'd probably have taken a point and who'd be arsed. 

Folk throwing their toys out the pram at it is so entirely predictable.

One of those days. I didn't think either team played particularly well but Aberdeen took their goal well. Aberdeen had more threat in the first half and I thought we carried we looked more dangerous in the second but the subs weakened us and Aberdeen saw out the game comfortably enough in the end.

I thought all of our better players looked a bit off it today, perhaps a bit rusty after a two week break so hopefully we can sort that out with another break coming.

Miller's 'goal' was the far end from me so I had no idea how it made it into the net never mind if there was a handball. There's no way the alleged handball against Shinnie which was right in front of me at the end should have been given as a penalty but I reserve the right to change if we had a goal chopped off for a similar non-handball.

Ah well, back to worrying about the play-off place. At least straight relegation looks pretty much off the table.

58 minutes ago, Jastons6 said:

It definitely felt like Motherwell hadn't played for two weeks, Aberdeen were quicker to every second ball. Their 'keeper made some good saves.

I was disappointed to see us playing the long hopefully ball upfront instead of actually giving Bair a chance to get on the end of it .

I've yet to see replays of the two handball incidents but if it takes 6 minutes to disallow the goal then 'clear and obvious ' is a load of shite.

This is why var has to get in the bin. It took a similar amount of time to give Dundee the pen against us midweek. This is doing noone any good, fans are being fucking cheated by it. I said to the guy next to me today that cheering Willie Collum making a square shape with his fingers means the game is a bogey. 

48 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Less than I've seen us, tbf, and I've fucking seen us.

I thought there was f**k all in it tbh. We had chances. If the handball law wasn't a fucking nonsense we'd probably have taken a point and who'd be arsed. 

Folk throwing their toys out the pram at it is so entirely predictable.

I couldn’t make it today so I really have no contribution to the discussion. But sounds like we played ok but got a slice of luck to get the points. Would love to say we’ve deserved a bit of luck but I wouldn’t be wholly convinced. 

Did the Shinnie ball come off his shoulder first before running down his arm? I wasn’t shouting for a penalty so won’t now but find it hard to distinguish the two scenarios where different decisions were made.

17 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

Just seen the disallowed Motherwell goal. That is an absolute joke of a decision!

How can he give that then not give the handball v Shinnie?!?!

VAR needs launched, and not just for today. 

In a normally refereed game sans VAR I don’t think either is given as handball.

1 minute ago, O_Kahn said:

In a normally refereed game sans VAR I don’t think either is given as handball.

This. Neither were close to being fouls in any normal interpretation - but this is what we're reduced to with the current handball rule with added VAR.

Fairly entertaining game of football spoiled by the Willie Collum show.

I actually thought he had a very decent first half and had got most things correct up until the VAR incident.

It then all unravelled for him in the second have with a string of inexplicable decisions in both directions.

A draw would probably have been a fair result, but we only have ourselves to blame with the chances we missed and some really poor substitutions.

Kettlewell going full Brendan in his aftermatch BBC interview. Not a word about his team, just having a go at the officials and the two handball decisions that both went against his team. Predicable managerial deflection.