United 🟠 v Rovers 🔵 - the final top of the table clash

16 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Allan Walker, some ping that was. 

Went from row RR right down the stairs, and pretty sure I still ended up celebrating with @Hank Scorpio

Thoroughly enjoyed the Dundee fans on the way up to the station calling Rovers cheats that day. 

The Scott Brown goal vs United earlier this season was very similar in that it came about from a quick restart catching the opposition off guard.

Appreciate that it’s just saying something for the sake of saying it but don’t really get Goodwin saying that United have been unlucky in the games between the side this season and now are somehow deserving of something. The games have been close but United have never managed to get in front in any of them and we’ve produced two moments of absolute quality to win the two matches we did win. Nothing lucky about it. Easton and Brown’s strikes were deserving of winning any game. 

The SPFL saw fit to interven in the split of tickets for the QP v Dundee final match showdown last year after Dundee went whining to them about their allocation, forcing a change of "ends". Given the the United decision seems to be about simply limiting the allocation to Raith and nothing else, maybe someone at Starks should have contacted Dundee to see how it's done.

United pulling a fast one over tickets, but I would say it looks like the Rovers fans have only got their board and social media team to blame for that.  They’ve clearly been so crass and deliberate to get right under Uniteds skin.  It’s very petty of United, but then as many on here have already said, that’s their prerogative.  

Was listening to Shaughan on the terrace podcast talk about it and he made a good point about the Rovers statement on it all.  It wasn’t a conciliatory “hope to sort out” message more of a “these lot are at it and get it up them”.  Which hasn’t helped any case they would have wanted to push to get more tickets.  The public tit for tat that’s followed has been lacking in class from both clubs leaderships, but it does make for a tantalising watch for the neutral.

Dare I say in the cold light of day, maybe the Rovers board are more than happy adding to a “siege mentality” with this ploy?  Add some more pressure to the United team with a more partisan but edgy crowd?  If it backfires though, would expect some Rovers fans to be pretty quick to turn on them for causing them to miss a massive fixture.

On the whole, I disagree completely with clubs charging more for some games than others in the same competition, cutting and shifting away fan allocation, and any ridiculous attempted stunts such as the one by United earlier in the season of trying to charge £27 because it was the “allocated amount for the stand given to away support” (remember that one before they switched it back to the shed for a £2 discount?).

Aye as some say - during Covid clubs giving it the “aw we need you, all fans are lifeblood” yet 4 years later almost every club in this league have at some point ignored that mantra for competitive or cash grabbing aims.  

As for the game, Rovers to edge it.  Cant see past them as Uniteds team are a bloody shambles of a lot right now.  

9 minutes ago, parsboi said:

United pulling a fast one over tickets, but I would say it looks like the Rovers fans have only got their board and social media team to blame for that.  They’ve clearly been so crass and deliberate to get right under Uniteds skin.  It’s very petty of United, but then as many on here have already said, that’s their prerogative.  

Was listening to Shaughan on the terrace podcast talk about it and he made a good point about the Rovers statement on it all.  It wasn’t a conciliatory “hope to sort out” message more of a “these lot are at it and get it up them”.  Which hasn’t helped any case they would have wanted to push to get more tickets.  The public tit for tat that’s followed has been lacking in class from both clubs leaderships, but it does make for a tantalising watch for the neutral.

Dare I say in the cold light of day, maybe the Rovers board are more than happy adding to a “siege mentality” with this ploy?  Add some more pressure to the United team with a more partisan but edgy crowd?  If it backfires though, would expect some Rovers fans to be pretty quick to turn on them for causing them to miss a massive fixture.

On the whole, I disagree completely with clubs charging more for some games than others in the same competition, cutting and shifting away fan allocation, and any ridiculous attempted stunts such as the one by United earlier in the season of trying to charge £27 because it was the “allocated amount for the stand given to away support” (remember that one before they switched it back to the shed for a £2 discount?).

Aye as some say - during Covid clubs giving it the “aw we need you, all fans are lifeblood” yet 4 years later almost every club in this league have at some point ignored that mantra for competitive or cash grabbing aims.  

As for the game, Rovers to edge it.  Cant see past them as Uniteds team are a bloody shambles of a lot right now.  

Excellent post, its supporters who get caught in the crossfire. Just back from the Spar and the boy that served me explained he didn't get tickets for himself and 2 grandchildren. Takes them every away game with a carer for one of the lads. That's the collateral damage and that's what makes the whole fiasco a race to the bottom. 

17 minutes ago, parsboi said:

They also said that you couldn't buy an OAP ticket with a Child's ticket - it had to be a full price adult in order to get a kids ticket. 

Best case scenario is a Raith win here followed by a proper arse collapse in the following games for the banter.

25 minutes ago, parsboi said:

There's a lot of decent points there.  It's the Rovers fans who have lost out in all of this.

25 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

Who is the guy at Raith who has had a go at almost every club in the league? What do Raith fans think of him?

Can you be more specific?

What's you opinion on that guy who's neighbour said that his aunties dug never bit naebody?

29 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

Who is the guy at Raith who has had a go at almost every club in the league? What do Raith fans think of him?

Aye you’re going to have to give us a clue here mate. 

2 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Aye you’re going to have to give us a clue here mate. 

Do you have more than one noise maker? I genuinely don't know his role or name, all I know he has alot to say about other clubs 

Just now, Glen Scotia said:

Do you have more than one noise maker? I genuinely don't know his role or name, all I know he has alot to say about other clubs 

This is the worst game of “guess who?” I have ever played.

Does yours have a moustache? Does yours have a bald head?

Cannot see past a win for big spending Rovers unfortunately. 

Worried about us in the full back areas as we are very light there due to injuries and lack of recruitment. 

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

15 minutes ago, jasperellon said:

This is the worst game of “guess who?” I have ever played.

Does yours have a moustache? Does yours have a bald head?

Barrowman, what is Rovers thoughts on him?