General Election 2024

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Have the various parties been asked about their position on the genicide in Gaza and the West Bank or is foreign policy not featuring in this campaign?

That’s because uk foreign policy is written up in Washington, not Westminster. 

12 hours ago, Jedi2 said:

And good to see him in a car that doesn't comply with the LEZ, while in...the LEZ.

9 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

He's outside the Parlour at 17 Vinicombe St, G12 8BH. You can also see Papyrus (corner of Byres Road) next door.

Here it is on a map

Screenshot2024-07-0111_09_58.png.a23676ae20393a1f112f67cdf7daad9c.png

That looks outside the zone to me.

I'm also amazed that Jedi can tell that the car fails the emissions test from such limited evidence. Isn't he truthful & clever!

@Jedi2 are you going to clear this up for the sake of the viewing public? Many may fear that you have been compromised by, at the least, a geographical ineptitude? 

45 minutes ago, sophia said:

@Jedi2 are you going to clear this up for the sake of the viewing public? Many may fear that you have been compromised by, at the least, a geographical ineptitude? 

Whether in or out of the LEZ, a Right Said Fred Tribute Act maybe ain't the best look for the First Minister.

1 hour ago, Jedi2 said:

Whether in or out of the LEZ, a Right Said Fred Tribute Act maybe ain't the best look for the First Minister.

I'm not sure this is quite the "save" you think it is.

Perhaps a little humility is called for?

1 hour ago, Jedi2 said:

As a matter of interest Jedi, what academic subject is your famed PhD actually in?

You've previously demonstrated that it isn''t in anything mathematical or use of the Englsh language, and have today added geography to the list.

Can you get PhD's in "bands named after Bernard Cribbins greatest hits" nowadays?

22 hours ago, Fullerene said:

It is FPTP that makes England seem more right wing than it really is.  When the Tories are the virtually the only party on the right and there are several parties on the left then they win most of the time.

Apart from the Greens, who else is on the left?

I'm 49 years old and on Friday I'll see a second Labour leader win a general election in my lifetime. Neither of them are left of centre. The first of those leaders won three elections, but in the last of those his party came second to the Tories in number of votes won in England. 

The UK only votes Labour so long as they're led by a conservative leader, and only for as long as is required for the Tories to sort themselves out. 

7 hours ago, GordonS said:

Apart from the Greens, who else is on the left?

I'm 49 years old and on Friday I'll see a second Labour leader win a general election in my lifetime. Neither of them are left of centre. The first of those leaders won three elections, but in the last of those his party came second to the Tories in number of votes won in England. 

The UK only votes Labour so long as they're led by a conservative leader, and only for as long as is required for the Tories to sort themselves out. 

Yes.  That is depressingly accurate.

I can remember a time when Labour were regarded as left wing and even some members of the Liberal Party.  Question Time was actually worth watching and panelists from these parties said things I agreed with.

Unfortunately as such they didn't win elections.  It could be what you are saying is right - that England is essentially a Conservative country and Labour only win if they promise not to actually do anything.

However since 1955 the Labour Party and Liberals together always got more votes than the Tories alone.  

I am suggesting that maybe with PR they wouldn't have had to both give up their values to get elected.

12 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

As a matter of interest Jedi, what academic subject is your famed PhD actually in?

You've previously demonstrated that it isn''t in anything mathematical or use of the Englsh language, and have today added geography to the list.

Can you get PhD's in "bands named after Bernard Cribbins greatest hits" nowadays?

Mention number 27 (by you). I thought you had already 'debunked' the said PhD some time ago with a series of graphs, charts and 39 citations