Scotland ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ v ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡น Portugal - 15th October

17 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Ronaldo in a huff straight up the tunnel with Anthony Ralston patting him in the back was a glorious sight.

ย 

ย 

Must be weird being in the Portugal team. Everyone in the squad, all the players, all the coaches even the manager know Ronaldo is holding them back, but they're not allowed to drop him. He's either got an immense amount of power with the football association, or the association is desperately trying to milk all the sponsorship money out of him whilst they still can.ย 

Good result with a half team. That Portugal side are full of talent.ย 
ย 

to be fair they couldโ€™ve had 4/5 but a combination of wasteful finishing and great last ditch defending kept them out.ย 

We still had some good chances, Mctominay header early on and Christie strike shouldโ€™ve done better.

No problem with Ronaldo behaving like that at the end. It's pretty cool that he still cares so much about winning games. Aye, he wants to make it a lot about him, but that egotism has got him where he is. He applauded the Scotland fans, which was nice. There were a couple of occasions where he definitely should have been booked though. Ref shat it.

19 minutes ago, Gaz said:

We haven't played poorly, though. We've played well in all four of our group games and (unfortunately) in three of them been narrowly beaten by what are, after all, teams better than us.

Aye this.

I've kept reasonably quiet on Clarke since the euros and wanted to see how we done in the nations league.

We've not had any of the sides cause major problems and each game has had one goal in it except tonight.ย 

Performances have been good with some occasional jittery moments but with a depleted squad and lack of depth it's been admirable at least.

Still not convinced Clarke is the man to lead us forward but I'm not jumping to punt him either.

ย 

1 minute ago, Gallant Pioneer said:

That, and the fact heโ€™s pish.

widna say hes pish..hes got a thankless task upfront

knock yir pan in for an hour maybe we'll get some service upto you

if not just drop back and defend like the rest

then

we'll take you off and put some other poor soul upfront to repeat what you have just did.

24 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

defended well but we really need a goalscorer...one big gripe from tonight was the passing it was side to side then forward then back to gordon just to launch up the park thus giving portugal plenty of time to start another attack

Sounds like the Hungary game in Stuttgart.

3 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

widna say hes pish..hes got a thankless task upfront

knock yir pan in for an hour maybe we'll get some service upto you

if not just drop back and defend like the rest

then

we'll take you off and put some other poor soul upfront to repeat what you have just did.

He had no interest in playing for Scotland until we qualified for Euros, I just donโ€™t think his heart is in it.

10 minutes ago, velo army said:

There were a couple of occasions where he definitely should have been booked though. Ref shat it.

I noticed this, too. The ref blew for absolutely everything all night as well. I feel we don't take advantage of refs like that as much as we could, especially compared to payers from the continent.

1 minute ago, Gallant Pioneer said:

He had no interest in playing for Scotland until we qualified for Euros, I just donโ€™t think his heart is in it.

I dont know how you can watch the thankless effort Adams puts in every game and think he doesnt care.

Question his quality maybe. But not his effort.

34 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

I hate the modern cliche of disgruntled supporters in forums immediately describing any slightly underperforming manager as a โ€œFRAUD!!!!โ€

ย 

ย  Hide contents

Martinez, however, is an absolute fraud.ย 

ย 

You've forgotten that he's bald.ย 

A bald fraud.ย