2nd vs The Invincibles

Had to laugh at the auld guy near me moaning like f**k about Oliver being in the team before kick off. Was wanting to bet anyone that we'd be losing at half time and would have to send Agyeman on for Oliver to chase the game.

Wish I'd taken the bet 

22 minutes ago, BPM said:

Lanky streak of pish who looked like he should have been playing for the under 14’s 

Yet here you are making posts like this about a young boy because some fans on pie and bovril wound you up before the game.

Just now, itzdrk said:

The Rus patter is tragic btw.  Poor finishing cost him 2 goals after dribbling past multiple players.  You definitely did notice him. 

I noticed him falling about loads under minimal contact to be fair 🤷

Just now, itzdrk said:

The Rus patter is tragic btw.  Poor finishing cost him 2 goals after dribbling past multiple players.  You definitely did notice him. 

Would have been better highlighting him as the one who really really wanted Brad Spencer's shirt.

We were bloody awful, struggled to put two passes to feet, no idea of team mates positions, that suicidal pissing sideways from goal kicks. 

Falkirk on the other hand hunted every ball, looked sharper, genuine pace on the wings, where we seemed to move at a light jog at best. 

Walker is terrible, not quite Bangala levels, but ended up on the wrong side of every pass or tackle. 

A surprisingly comfortable win over a really disappointing Ayr side. I was expecting much more of a game against a side that weren’t any better than 3/4 of the sides in the division we’ve just exited.

Whilst the early goal settled Falkirk quickly. I felt they took the foot off the gas; slack passing presenting the opposition half chances their play didn’t really deserve.

2nd half Ayr tried to up the tempo, pressing the ball, but their only idea appeared to be a long/high ball. Ross’ second from another sharp finish really settled the outcome, as the only player showing invention, Musinda, went off; & pretty much their chances with it.

Ross the stand out today for me. A competent display from Falkirk & on to next Tuesday. Which will surely provide a sterner test.

I came out the game thinking, if I were following Ayr, I’d be gutted Brown didn’t go to the Saintees. I expected a team, pretty much like Imrie’s Morton, in his own image as a player, but they were pretty insipid, lacked imagination & weren’t competative.

Comfortable in the end which was a bit of surprise giving our injury concerns going into the game. Oliver solid, and great to have nesbitt back as he just strolled the game.

Really impressed with Graham given that's only his second game for us but he just dominated the game and looks good on the ball, a great pickup until the end of the season. 

Should have been more if we had just hit more shots instead of f**king about a bit.

Ayr surely have to have more quality than they showed today? They were big and fit and hard working but lacked any real class on the ball.

Glad to atnleast see a couple of Ayr fans giving us the credit we deserve after that performance. 

Fair bit of what have seen over all of last season "we were just shite" but the reality is that was a really good Falkirk performance which had to (and did) answer some questions from last week. 

Ayr didnt impress me at all in the cup game down at Somerset and were possibly even worse today.

Pretty much two tactics from them 1) Try to play it out from the back and give it away or 2) shell a high ball up to our two enormous centre halfs who headed it away for fun 

For all the hype around Watret he was really poor, both defensively and offensively. Needs to get some Keelan Adams posters up on his wall for inspiration imo.

Really pleasing to be so dominant even without Lang, Donaldson, Morrison & MacIver 

We now have 3 games in a row before Ayr kick a ball again, brilliant chance to open up a gap 

Ross obviously MotM with his two goals but Spencer and Nesbitt both ran him close and were everywhere today. 

Brilliant crowd as well though was disappointed with Ayr only bringing 915 fans. On to Livingston on Tuesday in what is another massive game 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

7 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

He genuinely would not be near starting in that Falkirk side when you look at the options Falkirk have in that position. 

9 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I’m genuinely not even being wide. He did absolutely f**k all today.