Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I've seen some 5 packs of crisps in the shops.
The robbing b*****ds are charging the same price as a 6 pack.

Stealth shrinking the size or number of products is presumably easier to sneak past the customer than a blatant price hike.

Passports be blue soon though.

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

You can get TV remote apps for your phone. I used to hilariously change our TV over with my phone while the wife had the remote beside her. 

I have been asked to leave the Post Office Bar in Broughty Ferry for doing this to people sat in booths. 

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

You can get TV remote apps for your phone. I used to hilariously change our TV over with my phone while the wife had the remote beside her. 

The one I’ve got works whilst I’m sitting in the office at work. Endless fun when I realised with the wife texting me every 10 mins going “ah think the tellys haunted, keeps changing channels and going off”.

See also central heating controls.

10 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Buskers with PA systems that would do a turn at the Hydro. Get that tae f**k. 

For some reason I always think of using a PA as cheating.

The only busker I've given money to was a guy in Samuel Johnson's home town of Lichfield who was annoying the townsfolk and the ghost of old Fatty know it all by playing the bagpipes.

8 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

People who pay with cash at a self scan. Trying to push their crumpled fivers into the machine, absolute shambles. Or feeding hundreds of coins in one by one. 

That's me, never realised it pissed folk off.

People paying at normal tills with cards usually does my tits in.

24 minutes ago, bennett said:

That's me, never realised it pissed folk off.

People paying at normal tills with cards usually does my tits in.

Why? Tap a card, takes two seconds. Hand over cash, person counts it, counts out change, hands change back. That transaction clearly takes longer.

Honestly it’s just some old codger usually trying to use a self scan with cash, looking round bewildered for a member of staff when their ragged old notes get rejected by the machine. They should use the tills like the other old people scared of technology and leave me to go about my day unhindered.

Edited by Bonksy+HisChristianParade

14 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Why? Tap a card, takes two seconds. Hand over cash, person counts it, counts out change, hands change back. That transaction clearly takes longer.

Honestly it’s just some old codger usually trying to use a self scan with cash, looking round bewildered for a member of staff when their ragged old notes get rejected by the machine. They should use the tills like the other old people scared of technology and leave me to go about my day unhindered.

Search for card, figure out which way card goes in, get the pin wrong, repeat a few times. I'm usually standing behind trying not to look pissed off, face masks help with hiding this.

Hand over some cash, get your change and off you go. 

I just use self service if I've only got a few items and the other tills are busy. 

Hate this shit. We have quite a few workers who take more than what they should break wise cause they need to go for a smoke.
Fresh air breaks are teckle now 
I used to tell my boss that whenever I saw anybody ripping the push with fag breaks I would stop for a coffee citing my long term caffeine addiction.

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

Search for card, figure out which way card goes in, get the pin wrong, repeat a few times. I'm usually standing behind trying not to look pissed off, face masks help with hiding this.

I just use self service if I've only got a few items and the other tills are busy. 

Literally none of these steps are required by a functioning adult. 

23 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:
There's an absolute goon of a busker playing Christmas songs in Dundee city centre.

Not as bad as the goon who got today's kick off time wrong by an hour, and missed at least the first half going out shopping in Dundee!

A truly foolish individual.

In fairness, many OAP’s aren’t fully functioning adults. I remember working the till during my B&Q days and old folk would do exactly as Bennett has described. Fumbling about for the card, putting it in back to front, forgetting their pin. You would just prefer it if they handed over a note. The worst was when they wanted to pay by cheque. Laughable.

1 hour ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Do you mean they should fuckaround with their phone instead? They should raise the £45 limit on card tapping to £100 imo.

2 hours ago, bennett said:

Unless it's a woman, in which case the payment procedure is:

1) Look astonished that the cashier wants payment for the goods.

2) Open handbag, search for purse.

3) Take out purse.

4) Close handbag.

5) Open purse, take out money.

6) Close purse, open handbag, put purse in.

7) Close handbag.

8 ) Hand money to cashier.

9) Accept change from cashier.

10) Open handbag, search for purse which was put in there five seconds ago.

11) Take out purse.

12) Close handbag.

13) Open purse, put change in.

14) Close purse, open handbag, put purse in.

15) Close handbag.

Edited by GordonD