Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

7 hours ago, 101 said:

Is the seal round the bottom to the top chamber still in good nick? If that's faulty you would only get steam as the pressure won't be enough to make coffee

This does appear to be the issue, having been bought new last week and being used four fucking times. Would rather go through the rigmarole of getting a refund for such shoddy workmanship than order replacement parts on balance, as they'll probably fail just as quickly.

On the plus side the coffee grinder is doing fine and I'm not going back to the barbarism of preground coffee regardless. 

6 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Holding a microfibre cloth and feeling like you have loads of tiny bits of skin sticking up on the palms of your hand. 

You mean that's not the way the palms of your hands are supposed to be?

Looks like our "Glorious Leader" is getting her very own Reichstag building.

I’d be more than Happy for Nicola Sturgeon to be honoured throughout the motherland, with soviet-era style behemothic monuments. As the woman who’ll eventually lead Scotland as an independent nation, it’s the least she deserves.

1 hour ago, spud131 said:

Moving house next week so listed a few things we no longer need on Facebook Marketplace and gumtree.
The amount of folk that message asking if an item is still for sale then never get back to you when you tell them it is.
Can only assume they are considering selling a similar item and are wanting to find out if it sold at the price you've listed it for.

Or when they show up and try to haggle, sold something for £20 last week, this muppet shows up at the door and offers £15, said no, and got the £20, but thinking back should have just shut the door in his pus, off you pop back to Arbroath, clown.

eta, despair for the human race.

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Or when they show up and try to haggle, sold something for £20 last week, this muppet shows up at the door and offers £15, said no, and got the £20, but thinking back should have just shut the door in his pus, off you pop back to Arbroath, clown.

or even better

"Smithers, release the cat...."

7 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Thank you.

I was selling a jumper online for £100, guy offered £80. I rejected then a few days later he come in again, this time with £70 and by this point I just wanted rid. Agreed £70, he said "meet me in Tayport". Fuckoff, said I. "OK, I'll cross bridge, meet me at Matalan?" fuckoff, said I. "Look mate, I'll give you the £80. Where can I pick it up?" 

He just got rubbered after that and I'll keep hold of the jumped until nearer Christmas. 

26 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I was selling a jumper online for £100, guy offered £80. I rejected then a few days later he come in again, this time with £70 and by this point I just wanted rid. Agreed £70, he said "meet me in Tayport". Fuckoff, said I. "OK, I'll cross bridge, meet me at Matalan?" fuckoff, said I. "Look mate, I'll give you the £80. Where can I pick it up?" 

He just got rubbered after that and I'll keep hold of the jumped until nearer Christmas. 

I was getting rid of two carrier bags full of brand new golf balls, so it was a good deal, no need for being a chancing c**t, but no no. Part of my late fathers stuff that I've got to get shot of, so it made it a lot worse.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

1 hour ago, virginton said:

This does appear to be the issue, having been bought new last week and being used four fucking times. Would rather go through the rigmarole of getting a refund for such shoddy workmanship than order replacement parts on balance, as they'll probably fail just as quickly.

On the plus side the coffee grinder is doing fine and I'm not going back to the barbarism of preground coffee regardless. 

Good stuff grinding beans is the only way to achieve decent coffee. This is the brand that's served me well because a refund is certainly what you need.

IMG_20201118_194617.jpg

Incorrect. Which is easier to calculate: £10 x 13 / 4, or £10 x 4.25?

Which set is easier to compare: 13/4 & 7/3 or 4.25 & 3.33?

Which are easier to plug into a spreadsheet, fractions or decimals?

If you set the number format of the cells to ?/?? Instead of 0.00 that helps

4 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Thank you.

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I dunno if it's something in the software that triggers people to act like they have to haggle but I almost admire the brass neck. They'll try and negotiate down on anything. Even when my ma was giving away a wardrobe for free someone messaged and asked if she'd deliver it as well. Unreal.

Edited by NotThePars

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

Totally. Like they massive gold Buddhas they build in China. Or that revolving one Turkmenbashi had made of him. Just the biggest, worst possible taste, crassest thing you could imagine. Even worse than the Edinburgh turd hotel. Purely to send SiU types insane.

"Sited outside Ibrox the statue of Nicola in a kilt automatically bends over and shows its arse to any gammon bluenose who is passing"

Lonely Planet Guide to Scotland, 2025

13 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I like Edinburgh and think it would be a good place to live.

My younger two were born in E'burgh and we loved the four years we lived there - such a lovely place which I'd happily retire to.

Apart from its beauty and architecture the New Town's main asset is living in Scotland whilst feeling insulated from the Natter horde which pollutes the rest of the Central Belt.

12 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Incorrect. Which is easier to calculate: £10 x 13 / 4, or £10 x 4.25?

Which set is easier to compare: 13/4 & 7/3 or 4.25 & 3.33?

Which are easier to plug into a spreadsheet, fractions or decimals?

You've chosen two fractions there that I rarely see in betting. At least when it comes to football. I know roughly what I'll be getting back by looking but I find it easy enough to do fractions with a calculator if it's a bigger accumulator. I have no idea what's easier in a spreadsheet though as it isn't something I use. 

The picture below is the normal type of odds you see. I could put those in order of best to worst pretty quickly. 

Screenshot_20201119-080059.png