Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Sounds like the phrase that boils my urine, "Think I need an antibiotic to lift this cold, to be replaced by a drug resistant super bug that will wipe out humanity" No you don't.

FTFY

On 10/05/2023 at 12:24, FK1Bairn said:

Seems to be a standard thing, my own GP is exactly the same. I sometimes question if I should change GP but then all I hear is people at other practices say their own GP surgery is the same.

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

Nurse practitioners and physicians assistants are one of the ways U.S. healthcare is attempting to increase basic medical availability, which has taken a hit with the increasing specialization. Shorter training periods, and able to drag the doctor into things if it looks serious enough. Most of the ones I’ve seen have been quite a nice change from some snooty or overworked doctors.

The Urgent Care Centers that have popped up all over the U.S. are also now a big player, and a lot of physicians offices direct you there if it’s something you feel is important to be seen now but they have no appointments. They also offer an easy online check-in, where you report how long it will take you to get to the clinic, so you wait at home till they tell you to drive to the clinic to be seen. 

Personally not going to criticise my GP as I can phone and have an appt with a couple of days, or over the phone that day with follow up if required, know family that have the morning phone call with long holds and no appts so it very varied.

On the extra bodies for GP surgeries, was watching BBC Breakfast today and they were talking about just qualified docs taking on these roles at GPs, being called 'SAS GPs' to see the easy stuff. Typical UK Govt crap of an easy solve being given a stupid name making it sound like it doing more than it is.

Just over a year ago I got symptoms of what I thought was shingles. I went to the pharmacy next to my doctors and used the pharmacy first service. They thought it was shingles but since it was on both my arm and body they couldn't treat it and I needed to see my GP. I phoned my GP at 12 noon, and they sent me an email with a form to fill in, which I did. At 2pm I got a phone call confirming it was shingles and they were sending a prescription to the pharmacy which I could pick up at 4pm. 4 hours from phoning the GP to getting a prescription is not bad in my view.

4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I could be a Doctor, you just look stuff up on the Internet. Surgery can be a bit trickier.

"Dr Wilson to the ER" 

maxresdefault.jpg

How shit the Royal Mail service is. 

Genuinely well worth spending £6+ extra getting it delivered by someone else rather than using their dogshit service.

Spend money to get a next day tracked delivery, only to go a whole week without the parcel and a tracking message stuck at the same time for most of it. No updates or response or anything. An item worth almost a grand just vanished.

13 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I could be a Doctor, you just look stuff up on the Internet. Surgery can be a bit trickier.

I had a rash on my leg and my doctor actually did this in front of me. Looked at my leg, said "hmm", swivelled round in his chair and open Google Image search. 

48 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Genuinely well worth spending £6+ extra getting it delivered by someone else rather than using their dogshit service.

Didn't know they offered that as an option. Back shortly; I'm just off to post a package to Downing Street.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Spend money to get a next day tracked delivery, only to go a whole week without the parcel and a tracking message stuck at the same time for most of it. No updates or response or anything. An item worth almost a grand just vanished.

Well you get what you pay for, after the bonuses & shareholder dividends are paid out of course. So actually, no you dont.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Join the club…mailed a package U.S. registered mail, which entails a chain of custody process, etc. Mailed on 22 April, from a post office which is less than 7 miles from a major international airport…it finally entered the UK 3 May, having visited Fort Worth, Dallas, the airport between the two, New York, New Jersey, New York again, and then London. It took 6 days to arrive at the Passport Office after that.

Now, if it makes you feel any better…U.S. Mail managed to misdirect my last two important packages before this…one went from Texas to Montana, “out for delivery”, “delayed” and finally delivered in Missouri. The Passport application before this one somehow got sent to Frankfurt and “out for delivery” before “delayed” and showing up in London a week later. The real pisser is I still trust them more than FedEx or UPS.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

You're only insured up to about £60 too. 

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Maybe take your mind off posting shite on the Dundee thread.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

The overwhelming sense that my life is slowly but surely slipping away.

Try skydiving, that’ll surely show you what it’s like to be convinced it’s rapidly slipping away…