Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

When a band is playing live and they start one of their famous songs with the singer singing a line from the chorus before the intro starts.  New Found Glory are bad for this with My Friends Over You.  Just start the fucking intro m8, the fans will pop when they hear the first fucking chord of the guitar.

Seen a few others do this at Glastonbury recently.  Does my tits in.

Had a "Live" album and every time a song started the crowd went mental. It became very irritating very quickly. The cheer was like "I can't believe they're playing that song!!". 

20 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Had a "Live" album and every time a song started the crowd went mental. It became very irritating very quickly. The cheer was like "I can't believe they're playing that song!!". 

Usually their most famous one.

Always good when a band finishes their set without playing their big song in the hope that there'll be a demand for an encore, rather than a bunch of bored people standing about waiting for the inevitable.

5 hours ago, RJShire said:

When i was in the US I asked if i wanted any sauce with my meal and i said "aye tomatoe" please and the lad looked me dead in the eye and said "we dont have tomato...just ketchup or bbq"

blood pressure was deffo rising at that point, another was a Texan saying...no comprende...do you speak English in Scotland

Dan Quail found.

6 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Folk being interviewed, answering almost every question with

"Do you know what?" 

My current knitting-ripper is the word 'yeah' being thrown in multiple times, a sure sign that the interviewee doesn't actually have an answer.

"So, can you talk us thru what happened?"

"Well, it was like, yeah, I was standing just to the side and, yeah, then the next thing, it was, yeah, and that was it. So, yeah"

It's a growing trend.

38 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

My current knitting-ripper is the word 'yeah' being thrown in multiple times, a sure sign that the interviewee doesn't actually have an answer.

"So, can you talk us thru what happened?"

"Well, it was like, yeah, I was standing just to the side and, yeah, then the next thing, it was, yeah, and that was it. So, yeah"

It's a growing trend.

Blame Lennon and McCartney.

9 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Non service dogs in places that serve food

Dogs getting a bit of chat these days even outwith the devil dug thread. I wonder if the boom in dog ownership in the pandemic has resulted in a different demographic/attitude of dog owner. Perhaps of a sort who didnt realise when getting them that not everyone will bend over backwards to accomodate their hound?

6 hours ago, BTFD said:

Usually their most famous one.

Always good when a band finishes their set without playing their big song in the hope that there'll be a demand for an encore, rather than a bunch of bored people standing about waiting for the inevitable.

When went to see Billy Joel, the folk beside me left before the encore.

I still hope they aren't fans of "We Didn't Start the Fire", "Uptown Girl" or "Piano Man"...

39 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

When went to see Billy Joel, the folk beside me left before the encore.

I still hope they aren't fans of "We Didn't Start the Fire", "Uptown Girl" or "Piano Man"...

Probably heard them before anyway.

3 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Lassie I used to work with had an incredibly annoying way of describing a conversation.

So ah'm like that whaddya mean an' he's like that ah'v already told yie an' ah'm like that naw yie huvny an he's like that aye a huv an ah'm like that no, yuv no...

Scottish lassies, got to love them. Just glaze your eyes and project a noncommittal smile. 

5 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Non service dogs in places that serve food

There used to be a sign on shop doors "For reasons of hygiene no dogs allowed except guide dogs"

Are dugs less minging these days than they used to be?