Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

This really is quite petty, but I absolute do not get folk making a thing of anniversaries of shite things happening. Can just about accept birthdays and Wedding anniversaries, but having a wallow about in the anniversary of a loss is baffling to me. 

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

This really is quite petty, but I absolute do not get folk making a thing of anniversaries of shite things happening. Can just about accept birthdays and Wedding anniversaries, but having a wallow about in the anniversary of a loss is baffling to me. 

Lassie I went on a date with last year posted a video on Instagram recently of it being 11 years since her Granda snuffed it. 
Think I dodged a bullet with that one 

On 26/02/2024 at 09:13, Hedgecutter said:

When all you want to do is turn the TV on and you're met with this:

PXL_20240226_150341215.thumb.jpg.237cc56b49a6543356f7d4f1fb65f8a6.jpg

Or just anybody's TV setup which involves two or more controllers.

The pictured one is an overcomplicated sound system that lets people in Tristan da Cunha hear any music or explosions should you dare turn up the volume to hear what the characters are saying.

16 hours ago, tamthebam said:

indy.jpg.83d1a7f2538eec28a92e61f1d7fc9066.jpg

The middle one, number 4! The very simple number 3 remote probably operates the poshest item, numbers 1, 2, 5, 6 and 7 have way too many buttons. Jesus would use number 3… @johnnydun

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

When did you stop having schadenfreudlich anniversarial thoughts about the loss of EBT FC ?

SEVCO.jpg.a2913ff159d62640cf1e6a2d8d215190.jpgDavid-Murray-Craig-Whyte.thumb.webp.8ba3fd1aebd838947c6acaf7c7ec55a6.webp

22 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It's the anniversary of the passing plus,

1st Christmas without,

1st Birthday (their birthday and the dead one) where you weren't there,

1st Easter without resurrection 

1st Clyde win since passing.

Some I can get a younger sibling lost or child but it was your granny, it was 17 years ago, and she was 96 when she went, 

hard luck on missing the telegram from the Queen but she had a good innings so let it go.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Like nailing a bloke to a post?

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

A mate of mine who I never see anymore posted on Facebook after his granny died. He was offshore when she pegged it. The post had a photo of him holding his grannys hand complete with hospital tag which means he must've taken it before she died in anticipation of the Facebook likes/attention he would get. 

I can't really get my head round that. 

4 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

It's the anniversary of the passing plus,

1st Christmas without,

1st Birthday (their birthday and the dead one) where you weren't there,

1st Easter without resurrection 

1st Clyde win since passing.

Some I can get a younger sibling lost or child but it was your granny, it was 17 years ago, and she was 96 when she went, 

hard luck on missing the telegram from the Queen but she had a good innings so let it go.

"Happy heavenly birthday, Great Great Grandad. I never met you, but miss you every day"

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Pie and Bovril thread titles that try and be quirky as to the content.

I don't want to spend anytime working out what the thread is or may be in relation to, just write what it really is, ffs.

Inconsequential occurrences that cause one slight perturbation for this urine.