Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

16 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

Glasgow Central hasn't had any for eons. Didn't they get taken out after Al-Qaida bombed that train in Spain however many years ago?

They've got them back now. Not massive ones but there's enough room to put rubbish in. They have a few recycling bits near the piano as well. 

Not that it matters to these slobs. There could be a bin right next to them and they'd still leave it on the table. 

12 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

Walking through trains when stabling them at the end of the night (especially at weekends, obvs), it is honestly incredible the nick they are routinely left in, it really would blow your mind. There's no excuse, some people really are just animals. 

That's before you enter the cab and have to deal with papers, coffee cups, cans, food packets and sometimes bogeys and fingernails. Boils my piss. 

Edited by 19QOS19

41 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

That's before you enter the cab and have to deal with papers, coffee cups, cans, food packets and sometimes bogeys and fingernails. Boils my piss. 

Aye, passengers definitely aren't the only clatty bassas on trains, just no need. A wee bit of respect and consideration for your colleagues surely isn't much to ask. Obviously not a railway specific complaint, I've come across instances of smelly b*****dness in most previous jobs as well. You find these fcuckers in almost all walks of life.

I remember going on a night out in Edinburgh when I was about 19. Got royally pished. Stayed up all night and got the 6am train back to Stirling. 

The train coming into the station was swaying and my stomach was feeling it. Got off the train, and walking across the bridge to the other platform, I spewed my guts up. All over the bridge. 

Luckily only me and my mate were there and I made a sharp exit. 

9 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I remember going on a night out in Edinburgh when I was about 19. Got royally pished. Stayed up all night and got the 6am train back to Stirling. 

The train coming into the station was swaying and my stomach was feeling it. Got off the train, and walking across the bridge to the other platform, I spewed my guts up. All over the bridge. 

If you travel by train with any regularity you'll notice its a very common occurrence to see carriages locked out of use. Rather than being a fault with the train itself, 9 times out of 10 you'll find it's simply that some steamer has spewed in it and it's a health hazard. At least you got it up before boarding lol.

24 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

If you travel by train with any regularity you'll notice it’s a very common occurrence to see carriages locked out of use. Rather than being a fault with the train itself, 9 times out of 10 you'll find it's simply that some steamer has spewed in it and it's a health hazard. At least you got it up before boarding lol.

At least they block them off. Every once in a while in Chicago you’ll see someone who isn’t local and doesn’t realise empty El train carriages are empty for a reason and embark onto one to be confronted with a homeless guy having a meltdown/jobbies/both. 

3 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

At least they block them off. Every once in a while in Chicago you’ll see someone who isn’t local and doesn’t realise empty El train carriages are empty for a reason and embark onto one to be confronted with a homeless guy having a meltdown/jobbies/both. 

This is why I don't use CTA/Metra or any Chicago public transport. Actually can't remember the last time I was in the city, apart from teaching there.

Don't get much mankyness left on the transport here, but rather those who have clearly shat or pished themselves. Or worse, had someone with a gangrene foot get on one time. 

Had to move or would have thrown up. 

6 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

Sounds not bad. Any NY transport videos I see quoted or spoken about on Twitter, they're usually JuanKeane.

52 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Sounds not bad. Any NY transport videos I see quoted or spoken about on Twitter, they're usually JuanKeane.

Seen a few vids of folk on the subway doing mad dances swinging from the poles/handles missing passenger's heads by milimeters.

Not manky, but bellend behaviour all the same.

1 hour ago, Venti said:

Seen a few vids of folk on the subway doing mad dances swinging from the poles/handles missing passenger's heads by milimeters.

Reminded me of this 

The lack of mannerism, is just the norm now eh?

8 hours ago, Venti said:

19 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Must be something about that bridge. Think I mentioned it at the time, but last year I was on my way home at Stirling and some jake got off the Edinburgh train, whipped his knob out, and pished down the top of the stairs to Platform 3. Everyone just walked round him.

(no, it wasn't me)

Almost every redesigned club logo being circular.  Now, I know fine well that Brechin City's logo is indeed circular too, but I prefer the old classics.  Perhaps it's the 'copycat-ness' of it all that's my actually PTTGOYN.

Edited by Hedgecutter

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Dundee having a playable pitch and Aberdeen appointing a manager.

This has been far too competent a couple of days for Scottish football

These things come in threes. VAR to get something right?

6 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Almost every redesigned club logo being circular.  Now, I know fine well that Brechin City's logo is indeed circular too, but I prefer the old classics.  Perhaps it's the 'copycat-ness' of it all that's my actually PTTGOYN.

It's to f*ck up that p***k the Lord Lyon (see the saga of Airdrie's badge). 

If it's round its like a clan badge so you can get away with it. Anything that's a shield shape has to be matriculated (registered) as a coat of arms. Queen's Park's shied was matriculated in the early 20s  as a 50th anniversary gift. Hibs current badge has also been matriculated and you can see the certificate in the main entrance at Easter Road. 

The English equivalent of the Lord Lyon doesn't seem so picky. 

airdrie1.png.32ca37371a3332967f72bedd10740755.png

Badge of the old Airdriedonians. A shield shape so you'd have to give the Lord Lyon a big fee to get it matriculated. When the new Airdrie wanted to revive it they were told to stump up. 

Some Tippex was purchased and the badge amended to...

airdrie2.png.fb888089ae5b6469eacfff626600ac87.png

'British pubs' in America.

Guy Fieri went to a place & after doing a few usual menu items the chef then said (with a straight face) we're doing a Reubens...

7 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Dundee having a playable pitch and Aberdeen appointing a manager.

This has been far too competent a couple of days for Scottish football

4 hours ago, coprolite said:

These things come in threes. VAR to get something right?

No, Edinburgh City have won a game!