Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, Academically Deficient said:

In truth I dont pine for the days when you could drink at the game. In reality it wasn't that great at the time. The rivers of urine on the Hampden slopes are not missed by me.

It's just enjoyable casting it up to the cheeks, that's all. 

Also, I don't think there's any real demand to bring it back, and it would be as likely to drive away as many as it would attract?

Besides, Accies fans are foul and abusive enough sober. What remains of the "family" element would be driven away for good if you get in-match bevvy into them 😆

It's also tedious as f**k having to get up and down to let people in and out of their seats when they go for more beers/multiple pishes in the middle of the game.

There are many things to dislike about sports in America and queueing forever to pay through the nose for a flimsy plastic mug of rat's piss "beer" is certainly one of them. Add to that, the determination to make fitba "family friendly" means you're constantly having to shift in your seat to make way for the procession of disinterested Mumsnet types dragging their weans back and forth to the concession stand. And back...and forth...and back...and forth. Being openly inebriated would be enough to get you kicked out of the ground and even a civil discussion about the marital status of the referee's parents will cause problems. In short, the sale of alcohol in the stadium isn't the heaven in might sound.

Bar staff that know f*** all about drink.

Not knowing the answer to some question such as  "do you have any Speyside whiskies?" is relatively acceptable to a teenager, but at the weekend I got asked "would you like ice in your Deuchars?", which was one of the two beers types they had in stock.  I genuinely thought it was a joke and laughed.  The young guy serving me seemed less amused.

18 hours ago, Shotgun said:

There are many things to dislike about sports in America and queueing forever to pay through the nose for a flimsy plastic mug of rat's piss "beer" is certainly one of them. Add to that, the determination to make fitba "family friendly" means you're constantly having to shift in your seat to make way for the procession of disinterested Mumsnet types dragging their weans back and forth to the concession stand. And back...and forth...and back...and forth. Being openly inebriated would be enough to get you kicked out of the ground and even a civil discussion about the marital status of the referee's parents will cause problems. In short, the sale of alcohol in the stadium isn't the heaven in might sound.

Sports are much better when there's more fan interaction:

Bar staff that know f*** all about drink.
Not knowing the answer to some question such as  "do you have any Speyside whiskies?" is relatively acceptable to a teenager, but at the weekend I got asked "would you like ice in your Deuchars?", which was one of the two beers types they had in stock.  I genuinely thought it was a joke and laughed.  The young guy serving me seemed less amused.

People generally don’t seem to think that bar staff and bookies etc should be paid decent money (not talking professional salaries here FYI) but there’s zero incentive for anyone in these jobs generally to make an effort to learn their job especially when you factor in the relatively high turnover. I enjoyed working in the bookies and probably would’ve kept it on if it wasn’t shite pay and a dying industry.

On ‎21‎/‎09‎/‎2020 at 16:07, Academically Deficient said:

Also, I don't think there's any real demand to bring it back, and it would be as likely to drive away as many as it would attract?

The alcohol band was in force before I started going to football but I just don't see the attraction. I go to a match to watch the game, I don't want it screwed up by all people getting up and down to go for more drinks and/or the toilet throughout the match. It'll be like those c@#ts at the pictures, theatre or concert only 10 times worse at the football. Plus you'll be restricted to whatever crap brand of drink has negotiated a deal with the club.

Political ads on the tv here. So, so many, so,so terrible.

And full of “local” worthies proclaiming “I’m not a politician....” then why the f**k are you trying to get elected?

Oh, yeah, it’s because they’re going to “clean up Springfield!”

(Springfield IL not the Simpsons’ one)

The BBC seem to be running a series of "First World Problems related to Covid" articles. New ones pop up on the home page every day.

"New restrictions mean we can't have as many people at our wedding ceremony as we'd like - our lives are ruined!"
"Due to Covid, I'm not enjoying university life as much as I expected!"
"At this rate, we won't get to Marbella at all this year - when will this nightmare end?"

Rather than contacting news organisations with this shit, please try doing something more constructive, like attempting colorectal surgery upon yourself with a power drill.

Just now, BigFatTabbyDave said:

The BBC seem to be running a series of "First World Problems related to Covid" articles. New ones pop up on the home page every day.

"New restrictions mean we can't have as many people at our wedding ceremony as we'd like - our lives are ruined!"
"Due to Covid, I'm not enjoying university life as much as I expected!"
"At this rate, we won't get to Marbella at all this year - when will this nightmare end?"

Rather than contacting news organisations with this shit, please try doing something more constructive, like attempting colorectal surgery upon yourself with a power drill.

Instead of sending a journalist, the BBC should send round Tony Montana and his little friend.