Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

27 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Why don't they sell them ready shelled  like peanuts and cashew nuts?

Most nuts that are sold without shells have to be done so mechanically so they just launch the husk during the process whereas pistachios open naturally so they can roast and salt them with the shells on and let you remove them yourself and charge you less for the honour. You can buy them without shells but they are pricier. 

My flat mate is an absolute 'mare with the kitchen bin. When it reaches capacity, instead of lifting out the bin bag and replacing it with another, he grabs a small carrier bag from the cupboard and starts a "hanging bin" from the cupboard door. You'd think after 4 years of this I'd be over it but it still infuriates me like the very first time I saw it happen.

7 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Oh, the seething jealousy from people who don't live in the capital.

Where does this thought process come from?

I've genuinely never heard anyone pine for living in Edinburgh in my life. I've got a friend who lives there for work and even he doesn't want to live there. I reckon I'd rather live absolutely anywhere else in Scotland.

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Where does this thought process come from?

I've genuinely never heard anyone pine for living in Edinburgh in my life. I've got a friend who lives there for work and even he doesn't want to live there. I reckon I'd rather live absolutely anywhere else in Scotland.

I don't mean they want to live here, they're jealous that their own home city isn't the capital. Particularly Weegies, though they'll deny it.

Edited by GordonD

49 minutes ago, GordonD said:

I don't mean they want to live here, they're jealous that their own home city isn't the capital. Particularly Weegies, though they'll deny it.

I've always thought Stirling should be the capital.

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Why don't they sell them ready shelled  like peanuts and cashew nuts?

They do, but I've never found them as enjoyable to eat. The cracking open of the shells is, for me, part of the fun. I know, but I don't get out much.

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Bit of overcompensating going on by folk with chips on their shoulders about Scotland's Largest And Greatest City again I see.

People make Glasgow...

...the murder and Covid capital of Scotland.