Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Yes I drive a 7.5t van and need to do 35 hours over a 5 year period.

The reports from people I have spoken to about the Driver CPC are 'less than favourable', hence my reluctance to pay for 35 hours of it. 🤨

Best of luck for today.. 

2 minutes ago, broon-loon said:

The reports from people I have spoken to about the Driver CPC are 'less than favourable', hence my reluctance to pay for 35 hours of it. 🤨

Best of luck for today.. 

No CPC = no LGV job. Either you pay for it or your employer pays for it. There’s no getting round it. 

Am I imagining it, or have call centres cut the bandwidth used on customer service calls?

It was always hard enough trying to hold a conversation with some poor b*****d whose grasp of English is tenuous, but lately they always sound like they're drowning too. I know conditions can be poor at these places, but waterboarding the phone pigs is a bit much, surely.

3 hours ago, broon-loon said:

Best of luck for today.. 

Aye, CPC is a must nowadays for LGV/HGV drivers. I drove up to class 2's in my old job. You can do a full week to get the initial certificate, then 1 x 7hr day per year kept you going on a rolling basis. If you're new to it there are tests to pass, but for those who'd already been in the industry when it was introduced, you got grandfather rights that means it's basically a refresher course with no test/exam and you just sit and listen to the instructors spiel. 

A nice wee skive for a day at your employers expense.

32 minutes ago, BFTD said:

It was always hard enough trying to hold a conversation with some poor b*****d whose grasp of English is tenuous,

Fortunately the situation improved when Rangers outsourced their season ticket line to India.

Averts for dishwasher tablets that tell you there's no need to rinse your plates before you put them in the dishwasher when you use their tablets. I've yet to see a dishwasher tablet that will clean all the crap that was on the plates out of the filter.

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:
On 27/05/2022 at 16:28, RH33 said:
Calmac and not being able pre book Rothsey ferry.

How do you pre book a ferry anyway? Do you not just book it?

True. 

40 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

Averts for dishwasher tablets that tell you there's no need to rinse your plates before you put them in the dishwasher when you use their tablets. I've yet to see a dishwasher tablet that will clean all the crap that was on the plates out of the filter.

Mine pretty well does. Quick scrape into the food bin and into the machine, just have to clean the filter every 3 months or so and the jet holes in the arms. Find the Ecover tablets work best.

You've just discovered why the filter can be removed and cleaned.

16 hours ago, broon-loon said:

Best of luck for today.. 

It wasn't that bad apart from a 7am start,the trainer made it a laugh and i knew all of the other drivers which helped.Roll on a 3 day week next week.

On 27/05/2022 at 15:35, Boghead ranter said:

Firms that jump on the current bandwagon to try and shift their crap, despite their crap having no relevance to the bandwagon.

2 examples I've already come across today - Verisure, who are apparently giving a "jubilee discount", then a radio ad for SCS, which I can paraphrase as "celebrate the jubilee by buying a couch!!".

I once worked in a shop in 1999 that had a "total eclipse" sale.

On 27/05/2022 at 19:34, Bairnardo said:

Ddint put this in the terrible journalism thread because it a #Barclays article, but i've ranted about this before, look at the fucking nick of this headline compared to what Edinson Cavani actually said.....

Edinson Cavani sends "bitter" parting message to Man Utd after being branded "disgrace"

“I sincerely have nothing but words of gratitude towards the fans and supporters of Manchester United,” he told the club’s media team. “Honestly, they have shown me a lot of respect from the very first moment I arrived. I think they’ve greatly recognised all the hard work I’ve always tried to put in in the best way possible, giving my best for this team.

“I really am very grateful, and I’ll be leaving here with a happy memory of that affection they showed me and always displayed.”

Cavani added: “I wanted to contribute more this season. One of the things that has left me with a slightly bitter taste is that when we had a highly enjoyable and pretty decent [2020/21] season, we weren’t able to have the supporters along with us.

“And now, this season, with the fans coming back into the grounds and stadiums, I haven’t really been able to have the kind of campaign, if I’m being honest, on a personal front that I would really have liked.

“Where I would have been able to score the kind of goals I did last season, and then be celebrating them a bit more with the fans - the kind of stuff that it’s great for a forward or a striker to be doing.

“But I want to sincerely thank the fans from the bottom of my heart, because they have always shown me a lot of affection, and that is very important for a footballer.”

Cavani is the boy and always has been.  Branded a flop by the Nigel media as he didn't score 40 goals a season like he did at PSG.  Forgetting the fact that PSG are about 30 time better than Man United.

11 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Bought some stuff in John Lewis earlier, and because we have a John Lewis rewards card, we got a free bag.

It's a cunting Jubilee one

I wish I had the courage to be bourgeois.