Marshmallo

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I actually going to be on this list?

Yes. Yes you are.

13. The Real Saints

What you said: “My favorite St.Johnstone poster”

“Has started loads of great threads (the 'Holiday in Strathclyde' one is my favourite), would have been higher but his recent Club DOSS stuff is a bit shite.”

“Funny lad, takes the piss out of himself a lot”

“intelligent poster who I find always has good things to contribute to the subject”

“met him, he was sound.”

Did he get any first places?: No

The poll: No first place votes for The Real Saints, but he did pick up three second places. In addition to this, he also received nominations in third, fourth (twice), fifth, seventh and tenth (twice). Only two posters finished higher than The Real Saints without picking up a first place vote, and only one poster finished higher with ten votes.

The poster: I thought The Real Saints had a much bigger post count than the almost 8,000 posts he has listed. He seems to be all over General Nonsense. I’m also going to put it down to the quality of his output being so high, and also the fact that we’ve watched him grow up a fair bit on this forum. He was here four years before me but I’ll try my best to give an overview.

The Real Saints first came to my attention with the glorious thread which he wrote about a family holiday to Strathclyde. This was before my time but it’s in the Gold Forum. Give it a read if you’ve not seen it before, it’s excellent. The writing is a little childlike but I think that adds to the comic nature of the post. From what he’s said on here recently TRS was pretty young when he started on here, and it sounds like he had a bit of a rough time from some of the old timers. It’s tough to imagine that happening these days. TRS is able to take the piss out of himself a bit, which is good, and he’s also an expert at writing up raps to diss his haters. I consider myself a bit of a lyrical miracle at times – six foot four of muscle, steel and sex appeal, what you see is what you get and what you don’t is better yet. I can’t compete with TRS on this though. I loved the little piece he did about xbl’s nightclub knockback in this very thread, and the Rangers liquidation rap which he has posted in his signature has received a lot of praise (I’ve never listened to it as I don’t know how I’d react to it, there’d be a possibility of cringing for a while tbh). I also enjoyed his thread in NSFW about folk shagging outside his window in Dundee. He’s got a style of writing which lends itself to story telling at times. I gather he was a big deal in the Survivor threads but I have kissed a girl before so haven’t read those. He was the founding member of Club DOSS, which was a frankly awful thread in my opinion. TRS’s posts on that particular matter were the best part of that topic though, mainly because he found it a laugh rather than throwing the toys out the pram over another club which dominated the summer.

I haven’t seen a great deal of TRS in the football forums, but when I have he seems passionate and knowledgeable about the team he supports. There’s the usual mix of good humour in his posts which makes them an easy read. I also enjoyed his bet with StandFree03, which has resulted in SF having to put “I am The Real Saints’ Bitch” in his signature. The fallout from that was a good laugh. I can’t really give much more on the football side so I’ll leave that up to you guys.

The Real Saints deserves his place on the list, and I think top twenty is a fair shout. He’s very good in GN, and I think you’d struggle to find anyone on here who dislikes him. What I will say is that at times I think he tries too hard to be funny/liked. You don’t need to chief, you’re well liked enough. You finished ahead of me in this poll FFS, so you must be top of the range.

Plan of action:

Tomorrow - entirely dependent on the Falkirk score. If we win I will be out getting steaming all day/night. If we lose I'll probably do another two.

Sunday - nothing

Monday - nothing

Tuesday - two entries

Wednesday - unknown at this time

Grazie.

Archived