The New Raith Rovers Thread

When we were comically toiling in League One a few of our fans were saying we should go part time as apparently it was more beneficial and the evidence was that we were getting pumped by part time teams.

I can't recall the exact wording but one of the arguements was that part time teams were fitter due to being part.

It was all sorts of laughable nonsense

. But told I'm talking utter fucking shite is taking it a bit far.

Not far enough, you were talking utter shite.

So? It's not like we're doing much in The Championship.

Aye, and not doing much in league 1 is much better isn't it?

The season you challenged us how many players were actually part time? McGurn?...

Providing you don't have an utterly shocking manager then providing you are full time then you should win the title, going back part time and you'll become an Airdrie, just ask them how they've enjoyed the last few seasons.

All depends on finances and how big the crowds are really.

Im sure that season Mcgurn, Dougie Hill and Mark Ferry were part time. I have it in my mind Laurie Ellis was for a period of time too. The seasons before that we had a few more.

He's not really a CEO though is he. His title was club secretary until a year or two ago when he took early retirement from the bank. Going full time at Rovers required a job title to reflect this hence the CEO crap. 35k for a club secretary is a very good salary.

4 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

All depends on finances and how big the crowds are really.

Im sure that season Mcgurn, Dougie Hill and Mark Ferry were part time. I have it in my mind Laurie Ellis was for a period of time too. The seasons before that we had a few more.

Mark Campbell was a standout.

The season you challenged us how many players were actually part time? McGurn?...

Providing you don't have an utterly shocking manager then providing you are full time then you should win the title, going back part time and you'll become an Airdrie, just ask them how they've enjoyed the last few seasons.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_div_1/9465295.stm

Think it was just McGurn, Campbell, Hill and Ferry.

When you look at that team it's amazing that we challenged for the league.

As for not doing well in League 1, I don't really care what league we're in if we're not doing well. Whatever league we're in I want us to be doing well. Mainly I want to enjoy going to the football. My new philosophy is that if I'm not enjoying it I won't go. It's up to the club to make me want to go.

Where the f**k did you get that figure from????

People talk....

Might not be a great wage in the grand scheme of things but for a club our size it's a pretty big cost. One that doesn't on the face of it appear to be bearing any fruit.

Every chance we will appoint an utterly shocking manager. We've managed it twice this season after all.

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:

People talk....

Might not be a great wage in the grand scheme of things but for a club our size it's a pretty big cost. One that doesn't on the face of it appear to be bearing any fruit.

£35 grand eh!! Aye right!! Get a grip and stop spouting shite!!

10 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

I dont know the exact  figure  but he is on a good wage! What i want to know  is how the hell he is given  so much power  at the club. 

Jeez!! tThis is getting tedious!! What power are you talking about!!  Drysdale has a vote as a member of the Board of Directors. That is all. Decisions taken by the Boards are taken collectively.

Cracking attitude. We're you one of those that didn't want us to go up the Premier league?

To be honest, that does sound like my attitude a few years ago. I think I said I would be happy to stay in this league for evermore with a few cup runs thrown in. That was clearly a load of shite as the Murray years and now this disastrous season prove, I won't enjoy that.