The New Raith Rovers Thread

Still absolutely buzzing about this news, I had written McGlynn off as I thought just there would be nae chance of us getting him. How wrong was I, and delighted to be also.
Unfortunately I can’t make Dumbarton on Saturday, would absolutely love to go as well. Massive first home game for him though.
Wonder what will happen with Cuthbert, I’d like him to stay on, despite the results not going his way, just too soon for him in my opinion.

21 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

Still absolutely buzzing about this news, I had written McGlynn off as I thought just there would be nae chance of us getting him. How wrong was I, and delighted to be also.
Unfortunately I can’t make Dumbarton on Saturday, would absolutely love to go as well. Massive first home game for him though.
Wonder what will happen with Cuthbert, I’d like him to stay on, despite the results not going his way, just too soon for him in my opinion.

See the source image

25 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

This is exciting. People are actually happy for a change! The BoD have made a good call and the announcement was well done with a bit of class. Never would have thought McGlynn would come back in all honesty but it's quite a coup from the board so well done to them.

Well done also to Wardy too! Throughout the whole time he never wavered and persisted with his canvassing for McGlynn.

Hopefully this is what the club needed to bring everyone back on the same track and get us all moving forward together.

Thank f**k Barry Smiths gone is all I can say. Never liked the guy anyway.

lol your some guy hans/eric/martin , today is a good day thou

Just finished listening to mcglynn interview on rock radio. He says he's hoping to get Two or three players in by weekend. He is going to a livi reserve game tonite to have a look and also said celtic might have a couple young boys available. Seems we have picked up more injuries since Montrose game. Interesting few days ahead regarding new faces.

Looking forward to meeting the dynamic duo next month at Bayview when I’ll remind Smudger if the time he called me & 10 12yo kids cheats. Claimed I withdrew the ball boys during a Berwick game at Bayview! Started the game with 6 & finished with 10, go figure!

I'm well chuffed that the kings back , mcglynn and the blue army , San Starko will be a fortress again.

Already quite a fortress, tbf. Unbeaten at home in 19 months.

Absolutely over the moon to have John and Paul back. Their interview has me beaming ear to ear.

43 minutes ago, LiamA said:

Looking forward to meeting the dynamic duo next month at Bayview when I’ll remind Smudger if the time he called me & 10 12yo kids cheats. Claimed I withdrew the ball boys during a Berwick game at Bayview! Started the game with 6 & finished with 10, go figure!

I’m sure he’ll be bothered, but if it makes your day go for it.

47 minutes ago, LiamA said:

Least you're still taking it well.  

[emoji22]

Having watched the Raith TV interview and listened to the Rock Sport interview I'm feeling positive about McGlynn, although worried about the state of our current injury list. 

It will be interesting to see who be brings in. He mentions speaking to someone at Celtic and also contacts at other clubs, of which I would assume Levein is an obvious assumption. He did well by us when he was at United and McGlynn was in charge.

@Wardy have you been keeping the two of them in a basement and feeding them dripping sandwiches since they left? He maybees has no hair (and we don't care) but if he gets any bigger McGlynn will get his own postcode and we will need bigger dugouts :lol:

SWMBO wasn't impressed when I suggested we cancel out holiday so I could go to Dumbarton to see the return of the King (BTW, does that make Smudger his Queen? just asking like) but apparently she wasn't impressed. I'll post some pictures of the bruising when I get back from A&E.

Looks like I'll have to wait until the Stranraer game to re-witness the baseball cap in action.

Was thinking of running a poll on Smiths' facial hair, wondered if the ladees like it or not (or some guys), hope his return to the Rovers isn't a mid-life crisis too.