The New Raith Rovers Thread

47 minutes ago, deeky said:

Falkirk Herald reporting that Falkirk are targeting Armstrong and Benedictus

Everyone is targeting Armstrong. No doubt his agent is leaking like a sieve even the most casual of contacts he's had about the boy. Decent shout of maximising any contract. Consequently I wonder if a better placed club than Falkirk will be in for him. Seems like no chance of him staying.

Apart from the McKinnon aspect I don't understand why Falkirk think they need to pay for a centre back. I like Bene well enough but I can't imagine he's of such a standard that Falkirk couldn't get a reserve player from the premier on loan for f**k all instead.

Edited by renton

3 hours ago, renton said:

Everyone is targeting Armstrong. No doubt his agent is leaking like a sieve even the most casual of contacts he's had about the boy. Decent shout of maximising any contract. Consequently I wonder if a better placed club than Falkirk will be in for him. Seems like no chance of him staying.

Apart from the McKinnon aspect I don't understand why Falkirk think they need to pay for a centre back. I like Bene well enough but I can't imagine he's of such a standard that Falkirk couldn't get a reserve player from the premier on loan for f**k all instead.

Mr Sparkes?

Saturday was the first time in years I've sung at a Rovers game. 

Problem at Starks Park is that those who usually want to sing do so at the very front of the stand, making it hard for anyone to join in. When people used to congregate at the back of the stand it was much easier for others to get involved, if they wanted to. 

13 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

What happened to the group of folk that used to sit at the back of the stand, slightly to the left of the goals? I mind that bit being absolutely packed during the McGlynn years last time.

I used to sit up there during that period and like you said it was always packed and seemed to be the bit to sit at if you wanted a sing song. I know FF say they have always sat down the front but up the top of the stand were several people wearing FF polo shirts in those days.