The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

MULLIN 

5 hours ago, true_rover said:

This annoys me too! Is it too much to ask that we have one season where people can actually spell the players' names?

Almost as much as autocorrect annoys people, I guess.

Talking of commercial stuff, I quite like what Falkirk have done by naming sections of their stands after former players/legends and having each area sponsored by a company.

Be a good way to honour some favourites who might not get a whole stand name after them - and generate extra income. Could have sections dedicated to Andy Leigh, Murray McDermott, Paquito, Frank Connor (or Conner…) and Gordon Dalziel.

image.thumb.png.19debf832aa3c4f42f50e17151a6d284.png

15 hours ago, Enigma said:

Yeah, I guess we will.

I think he was trumpeted because he promised a lot… seems like he delivered very little. I know from his time at Hibs he’s supposed to be a bit of an abrasive character too. I trust the board here.

He's definitely not a "charlatan" or abrasive "character", both fuckin wild accusations to put out there! He wouldn't have been asked to come onto the board in the 1st place if he was.

The deal that was bodged up on the north stand wasn't set up nor did he do the bodging on it, the bodging was solely down to Mr Barrowman.

1 hour ago, Rover the Moon said:

Talking of commercial stuff, I quite like what Falkirk have done by naming sections of their stands after former players/legends and having each area sponsored by a company.

Be a good way to honour some favourites who might not get a whole stand name after them - and generate extra income. Could have sections dedicated to Andy Leigh, Murray McDermott, Paquito, Frank Connor (or Conner…) and Gordon Dalziel.

image.thumb.png.19debf832aa3c4f42f50e17151a6d284.png

Yeah, but Falkirk are in such a financial hole they seem to be slicing their whole stadium into a sponsorship grid pattern. It's entirely embarrassing. 

Go to their 1st home game of the season and witness folk standing around for 20 minutes on their pitch like some sacrificial human chessboard

Edited by pantene proV

7 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

Yeah, but Falkirk are in such a financial hole they seem to be slicing their whole stadium into a sponsorship grid pattern. It's entirely embarrassing. 

Go to their 1st home game of the season and witness folk standing around for 20 minutes on their pitch like some sacrificial human chessboard

Not sure why it is “embarrassing” as they are just trying to maximise their income at a difficult time🤷🏻‍♂️

8 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

What financial hole is this? We’ve posted a profit last season with our commercial income at its highest for over 13 years since getting relegated from the spl in 2010. 

36 minutes ago, Hadji said:

The deal that was bodged up on the north stand wasn't set up nor did he do the bodging on it, the bodging was solely down to Mr Barrowman.

There was a fair bit of chat about it at Linlithgow, the impression I got was the club didn’t think it was a good deal so turned it down. If true I’m not sure that would class as a “bodging”. 

Seems to be plenty of North Stand interest so presumably won’t really matter in the long-term. 

11 minutes ago, Paco said:

There was a fair bit of chat about it at Linlithgow, the impression I got was the club didn’t think it was a good deal so turned it down. If true I’m not sure that would class as a “bodging”. 

Seems to be plenty of North Stand interest so presumably won’t really matter in the long-term. 

What I was told was the deal was done, stand sponsorship a discount on players meals we're agreed. if it was a good deal or not im not sure dont know the financials of the deal, but someone must have been happy with it to begin with. 

then someone went to the companys chef to try to get a backhanded deal company found out and pulled out from it. 

but yeh, 100% hopefully it wont matter in the long run.

Still do not like the mudslinging from Enigma bang out of order.

11 minutes ago, Hadji said:

What I was told was the deal was done, stand sponsorship a discount on players meals we're agreed. if it was a good deal or not im not sure dont know the financials of the deal, but someone must have been happy with it to begin with. 

then someone went to the companys chef to try to get a backhanded deal company found out and pulled out from it. 

Hiya Greg.

54 minutes ago, spot on said:

Not sure why it is “embarrassing” as they are just trying to maximise their income at a difficult time🤷🏻‍♂️

There's a point where the active begging of the fans for money and 'income maximisation strategy' or whatever they're calling it becomes degrading. 

1 hour ago, Hadji said:

You've done the same towards barrowman though in fairness. 

I don't know jack shit about what's been happening but as you say, hopefully it won't matter in the long run. 

3 minutes ago, grumswall said:

You've done the same towards barrowman though in fairness. 

I don't know jack shit about what's been happening but as you say, hopefully it won't matter in the long run. 

I've just said that Barrowman fucked the deal up, haven't attacked a guy a don't know.