The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, JaketheSnake said:

Remember last season when everyone on here was discussing the South stand falling down and putting forward their plans for a new magical stadium in Thornton for some reason? Best just wait until some news comes officially from the club rather than having a meltdown over some rumours. 

Get your rumours straight, it’s gonna be next to the Victoria Hospital, so RaithTV can string a line directly to the tannoy!

53 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Totally agree, but seeing them tweet regular updates from a run of the mill ice hockey match, but barely mention Rovers challenging at the top end of the table is very weird. 

Maybe that would put Val’s nose even further out of joint 

9 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Aye, but still have up to the minute reports from Fife Flyers bottom of the table clash with “Nottingham Storm” It’s infuriating 

Flyers had the same coach for 20 odd years and have played more than a decade in a closed shop league with no relegation. FFP probably just had 3 stock report types they recycled.

Just now, mrraith71 said:

Missed the whiskey auction! Anyone lucky enough to grab one? 

No, I forgot it was an 8pm deadline. Looked to be some good bids for them, fair play. Still waiting on my first run purchased bottle to be delivered though. 

13 hours ago, renton said:

I swear we are *this* close to the age old "the board got them to blow it deliberately because we can't afford to go up"...

Maybe…….just maybe mind, new players coming in and unsettling your original squad, or perhaps other teams finding a formula to break you down a bit more, or could it simply be the pressure of potentially winning the league in the minds of the players, perhaps the players putting a huge effort in every game has taken its toll and the guys are simply knackered (because they looked on it and really sharp the times I’ve seen them) it could also be a combination of all of the above? 
I think it’s unlikely that anyone would down tools because they heard they might losing their job, in fact I think the polar opposite is more likely. 

25 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Maybe…….just maybe mind, new players coming in and unsettling your original squad, or perhaps other teams finding a formula to break you down a bit more, or could it simply be the pressure of potentially winning the league in the minds of the players, perhaps the players putting a huge effort in every game has taken its toll and the guys are simply knackered (because they looked on it and really sharp the times I’ve seen them) it could also be a combination of all of the above? 
I think it’s unlikely that anyone would down tools because they heard they might losing their job, in fact I think the polar opposite is more likely. 

This. A voice of reason from the dark side. 

53 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I think we just need a game of football to play so we can start moaning about actual real stuff.

If anyone thinks a player with a few months left on his contract is going to down tools and throw the rattle out the pram.... can't see it myself.

Have heard though that Millen and Murray have had a major fall out though, big enough that he has potentially played his last game for us. No idea if true but source is fairly reliable and the signing of Brown would add weight to that.

Just now, Double Jack D said:

If anyone thinks a player with a few months left on his contract is going to down tools and throw the rattle out the pram.... can't see it myself.

Have heard though that Millen and Murray have had a major fall out though, big enough that he has potentially played his last game for us. No idea if true but source is fairly reliable and the signing of Brown would add weight to that.

Ditto

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

This

Too many other heeds have gone

oh,don,t think Murray goes out and signs a full back solely on the basis of a fall out with Millen(unsubstantiated)

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Wouldn't be surprised if Murray and Millen fell out after the Airdrie game.  I can't imagine Murray was too impressed with him for picking up a red card after the game.  It could all be nonsense of course.

We really all need to go to start speculating about the line-up and formation for Friday to get this bin fire of a thread back on track.

30 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Yeah heard something this morning which would suggest this is a possibility.

What a load of nonsense. If Murray has deemed Millen not good enough to be in his long term plans (which include us getting promoted to the premier league at some point) then he’s correct. He’s not at that level. If Millen has thrown his toys out the pram at that then it’s on him.

2 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

No, I forgot it was an 8pm deadline. Looked to be some good bids for them, fair play. Still waiting on my first run purchased bottle to be delivered though. 

You and me both. I've been told that they are still waiting on special packaging to be delivered which has to be used for posting and delivery by Royal Mail. Two months ago now since it was purchased along with payment for postage. 

Edited by embow

8 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

What a load of nonsense. If Murray has deemed Millen not good enough to be in his long term plans (which include us getting promoted to the premier league at some point) then he’s correct. He’s not at that level. If Millen has thrown his toys out the pram at that then it’s on him.

I've not been told that the fall out was over a new contract..... if it was then I agree that it is petulant AF from Millen.

It may have been about something completely different like umpteen shite defensive performances in a row....