The New Raith Rovers Thread

Stewart's a Rover now, perhaps not the exciting signing some were anticipating but let's get behind him and see where a bit of encouragement and backing leads him.

Very happy with the McKeown signing. His long throws will hopefully bring about a bit of excitement and a few goals.

Spot on Andy. There's no point writing the guy off before he's played a game. It'd also be a bit hypocritical on my part given the defence I've had to give on Nade for the same elsewhere.

I'm just hoping we can tie down Anderson and get Conroy in.

That would leave us with a team potentially looking along the lines of:

Cuthbert

Thomson Barr Watson McKeown

Anderson Moon Scott Conroy

Nade Elliot/Stewart

SPENCEY! SPENCEY!

In all honesty, between Elliot, Nade and Stewart, they should match Elliot, Spence and Smith from last season. It's replacing Baird's and Cardles that's the key thing here, so it really depends on the wide players we bring in - Scott should add a few goals from midfield as well.

#Nandos #Baller

Maybe they will, I just think we lack a proven goalscorer at the moment.

You're right about Scott though, I'm really looking forward to seeing what he can offer us. Getting in a decent replacement for Cardle is pivotal.

Maybe, just maybe, it's the fact he's fucking shite?

Aye smart arse? You're obviously somewhat of an expert on this boy - I'd no idea if he's good, bad or indifferent so I'll bow to your superior knowledge and take your word for it.

In all seriousness, Mark Stewart should at least give us the option of real pace through the middle, which we didn't have last season. I'd still expect us to bring another striker in, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a young-ish guy on loan. Elliot, Nade and Stewart have very different styles of play. The challenge will be finding combinations that really click, but the payoff could be huge.

Yes scary bear... His name is Mark Stewart. It's also 2014 and David Cameron is prime minister

I was aware of the name of the PM and the current year. There's a World Cup on, in case you hadn't noticed. I've only been paying a fleeting interest to Rovers since it started.

Mark Stewart is this season'a Gordon Smith. Signed because Murray has heard of him.

Hopefully he does well but not too encouraged. We're desperately short of pace up front as it stands - given we've also offered Spence a contract, are the management team aware we'll be playing nearly half of our matches on the counter attack?

Happy with the signing of Mckeown though and hopefully Stewart can prove us all wrong.

Edit: I see a mention of Stewart having pace above. Does he? I may have got it wrong but I thought he was a Graeme Weir type of striker who spends most the game chasing people blowing out his arse. Only a little taller.

Edited by Paco

f**k me, you know you support a fucking über diddy team when your exciting signing is a left back from Cowden-fucking-beath.

I'm guessing your not planning on getting his name on the back of your shirt or naming your son after him then?

McKeown's long throws are a great asset and he was very composed playing for Cowden as a full/wing back. Only 21 too so a signing with plenty of potential to improve having already played in the Prem.

Don't know much about Stewart - and barring looking at Soccerbase stats I'm certain not many others do either - but that's no reason to write him off immediately. Graham, Tade and Dalziel were hardly setting the heather on fire before joining us yet all were resounding successes in different ways. Fucking sick of the pessimism of some folk.

Murray's done a good job with the signings so far with more to follow. Looking forward to seeing the new team take shape.