The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'm not going to agree that we've underachieved this season - where we keep finishing is about right for our place in the Scottish game and for the budget we have.

That's not to say we should just be content with our lot, but it's not some kind of disaster that we need to have inquests about.

McCord is also a good shout. Always plays well against us as I'm sure we'll see on Saturday.

As previously stated I think we have to be very careful about the type of player we bring in. McCord is one-paced and would solve none of the problems we've had for several years. He's a Fox, Walker, Davidson type of player - slow. Keaghan Jacobs on the other hand....

As previously stated I think we have to be very careful about the type of player we bring in. McCord is one-paced and would solve none of the problems we've had for several years. He's a Fox, Walker, Davidson type of player - slow. Keaghan Jacobs on the other hand....

What about Agnew?

I'm not going to agree that we've underachieved this season - where we keep finishing is about right for our place in the Scottish game and for the budget we have.

That's not to say we should just be content with our lot, but it's not some kind of disaster that we need to have inquests about.

Was going to agree with you.... but we lost a hard away game - Murray out!

It's going to be a very, very long close season if we start it now.

Probably the biggest positive this season on the playing side has been the emergence of Callachan as a regular in the side who has looked better than Fox and Scott, regulars at this level for years. He's had a better season than Moon too, if the Moon of last season could reappear we'd have a great pairing.

Hopefully Vaughan can follow Callachan's lead, the early signs are promising. With so little to play for he surely will finally get a proper run in the team, eight or nine starts in a row, see what he's really like. Nothing at all to be gained from dropping him for Stewart or Elliot if he has a bad game. There seems to be no point carrying on with players like McKay, Fox, etc. Start building for next season now and make sure we have something we've lacked for years. A proper, settled core to build on for the new season. With McGurn, Hill, Conroy, Callachan, Anderson and Nade it's there. With the likes of Watson, Barr. Vaughan, Thomson etc surely set to be offered new deals perhaps we can do without the annual overhaul, add some new blood in a couple of areas and actually get some consistency going.

it is,the football being served up to supporters is pretty poor in general.ignore bouncing about mid table the poor fare on display does nothing to bring supporters back or keep the very little we have

inverness are sitting third top of the spfl,I,d suspect they will have a lesser budget than most of the other teams

Edited by Rovers_Lad

I'm hoping, choosing who to let go and who to get in, is where Malpas really manages to help Murray.

There are quite a few I would dump but I guess the trick is to keep a nucleus of players who might improve if different guys are brought in.

Fingers crossed.

This is a question where maybe it deserves its own thread, but does anyone know of a list of all the Scottish clubs, of how many season tickets they've sold this season? More so for curiosity than anything else. Couldn't find anything using Google, only last seasons figures.

This is a question where maybe it deserves its own thread, but does anyone know of a list of all the Scottish clubs, of how many season tickets they've sold this season? More so for curiosity than anything else. Couldn't find anything using Google, only last seasons figures.

There is no requirement for clubs to publish season ticket sales numbers anywhere so I can't see how you can find that. Not sure how you could have found last season's either as I know for a fact we didn't publish ours. I don't think we've ever published it.

Said it in the Hearts thread and I'm glad a few people have said it in here to ... Lets hope Murray gets the message, the young guys MUST now be giving a go to see what their made of ....

Callachan & Vaughan could really be players we can build around in the coming seasons, Callachan has had his shot and proved to me hes first choice CM next season, now it would be nice to see Vaughan getting a similar chance :) Lets dump the deadwood (Fox, Elliot, McKay, Scott) and give another few young guys a go and see if any of them offer anything for next season or the season beyond.

We know we will be playing Championship Football next season, so lets start building what we can now and add later when possible, I'm hoping Murray has an idea who's getting the punt thus allowing him to drop them to allow others a chance ... Then again seeing him let Fox/Scott back into the team whilst benching Conroy/Anderson, I'm unsure if he has any clue to anything, but we can hope haha !

I think I'm absolutely in the minority here but I'd keep Elliot. I know he hasn't scored in however long but he's an excellent player on his day. Admittedly it hasn't been "his day" for a while, but he still has a lot to offer.

I think I'm absolutely in the minority here but I'd keep Elliot. I know he hasn't scored in however long but he's an excellent player on his day. Admittedly it hasn't been "his day" for a while, but he still has a lot to offer.

I don't mind Elliot, he's just not what we need though. I know it's not easy to get strikers who'll score 10-15 goals in this league however Elliot's injury problems plus his inability to hit any kind of form when he returns from them means he isn't going to be that guy. Personally I also hate the way he conducts himself on the pitch but that has been said by many 100 times over so no point going into detail. I'd be quite disappointed if we offered him a contract.

He definitely is a very good player, his hold up play and his off the ball movement is brilliant and his work rate is good as well. He can be a real creative presence for us, even without scoring. My only issue with keeping him is keeping him fit.

IMO Elliot is our Balotelli, you know he has some magic, that at this level can really make him special ... However before you even get to see a glimpse of it you have to hope he's not injured, hope he's woke up on the right side of the bed, ignore the diving, ignore the heads down attitude, ignore the moaning at the ref and then maybe, just maybe if he's up for it you'll see something special ....

Not worth the wage for us if you ask me, we can get better attacking options elsewhere I'm sure :P

I agree Elliot is a talented player. He showed this in the first half of last season, being one of our best players and scoring a good amount of goals.

Unfortunately, he's done nothing for the past 14 months and a new contract can't be justified. Put simply, he doesn't merit it and there are also the usual questions over his fitness too.

I'd punt him and Stewart and try and get Graham back. Elliot was class when he first arrived, but that was 2013. Get rid.

In midfield, it's the yearly cry for a creative midfielder. Someone who can up the tempo and drive the team forward. A buzz bomb. Midfield general. All that jazz. Never going to happen.

I'd punt him and Stewart and try and get Graham back. Elliot was class when he first arrived, but that was 2013. Get rid.

In midfield, it's the yearly cry for a creative midfielder. Someone who can up the tempo and drive the team forward. A buzz bomb. Midfield general. All that jazz. Never going to happen.

And Booth.

Callachan looks decent as an attacking midfield threat to be honest, it's actually finding someone decent to pair him with who can sit but is still mobile that's the issue. Callachan is keeping Moon out of the team, but i'd keep the latter - Scott can't play the sitting role consistently without being posted missing and Fox who does know how to play that role in the team has no pace or mobility left.