The New Raith Rovers Thread

The Pars game vid is worth watching to the end just for Moany MacIntyre's interview alone.

What a whining bawsack he was.......and probably still is.

As for the 2-2 Ayr game the only thing that would have made it better is if the Witch had given them a carbon copy showing of his legendary skills from the game he earned his nickname at.

I've said it before in this thread but that Ayr game is probably the only game that I've literally lost the place at some of the refereeing decisions, so much so that I've had a deep rooted hatred towards Crawford fucking Allan ever since. He's just a smarmy wee hoor prancing about the pitch at times and watching that video again and his mannerism at summoning over Davo after the penalty decision just winds me the f**k up "you here...yes you, here, now. Do as I say and come here now". That was certainly a weird atmosphere to be in during that game. It just felt like the south stand was at boiling point and naturally when Casa scored it was just magic. I think a lot of us have the ability to hold back the emotions and not do something silly, like invade the pitch, but it just couldn't be helped that day. Surprised no one's mentioned the steward falling on his arse hehe.

Henri Anier former Motherwell and Dundee Utd striker been in training this week!

Looked up his stats and he seems a to be more than a decent shout, I'd be quite pleased if we can get him in for the season or even for 6 months.

Born - Tallinn 17/11/1990 (age 24)

Height - 5' 11" (1.8m)

Weight 13 Stone (83Kg)

His games to Goals ratio is better than most.

Dundee Utd 12/1

Motherwell 33/9

All clubs - 226/102

Estonian National side 21/6

Tend to think if he can hit double figures from 45 games in the SPL (often from the bench) he'd be fairly useful in our league.

Edited to add: I'll be surprised if we can get him in on loan though, as I'd have thought he'd be looking to play SPL to keep his place in the Estonian team.

Edited by Scottydog

Henri Anier former Motherwell and Dundee Utd striker been in training this week!

Is that for a possible loan then? Last thing I read the other week he was still with United as McNamara was talking about him in the paper.

Looked up his stats and he seems a to be more than a decent shout, I'd be quite pleased if we can get him in for the season or even for 6 months.

Born - Tallinn 17/11/1990 (age 24)

Height - 5' 11" (1.8m)

Weight 13 Stone (83Kg)

His games to Goals ratio is better than most.

Dundee Utd 12/1

Motherwell 33/9

All clubs - 226/102

Estonian National side 21/6

Tend to think if he can hit double figures from 45 games in the SPL (often from the bench) he'd be fairly useful in our league.

Edited to add: I'll be surprised if we can get him in on loan though, as I'd have thought he'd be looking to play SPL to keep his place in the Estonian team.

I'm sure there was talk of Partick being interested in him.

As for the Pars and Ayr games I still can't believe that I missed both of them! I remember not having any signal and trying to find out Ayr score. It had gone about an hour after full time and had consigned myself to relegation when I got about 15 messages through from a few mates going completely mental.

I've said it before in this thread but that Ayr game is probably the only game that I've literally lost the place at some of the refereeing decisions, so much so that I've had a deep rooted hatred towards Crawford fucking Allan ever since. He's just a smarmy wee hoor prancing about the pitch at times and watching that video again and his mannerism at summoning over Davo after the penalty decision just winds me the f**k up "you here...yes you, here, now. Do as I say and come here now". That was certainly a weird atmosphere to be in during that game. It just felt like the south stand was at boiling point and naturally when Casa scored it was just magic. I think a lot of us have the ability to hold back the emotions and not do something silly, like invade the pitch, but it just couldn't be helped that day. Surprised no one's mentioned the steward falling on his arse hehe.

Oh, I'll just add this here...

So people saying we dont need an experienced midfielder as we have more than enough midfielders... What do you say to yplour new gaffer then who states again in the papers that he feels we are a bit short on experience?

I'd be happy he was reposing so much trust in his existing strikers to get the job done even though a lot of folk think we are now very light up front. Then I'd ask what kind of experience he thinks Davo would bring to the team outside of blasting the ball miles over everyone's heads.

I say 'Davo' is shite, that's what I say. Also that I don't see why McKinnon would wait until now to decide that when he had plenty opportunities to sign such a player before now, especially with the amount of CMs that we have.

Then there's the question of priorities. Lewis Vaughan is injured long-term, Craig Wighton is only here until December and Megginson & Stewart suffered a disrupted pre-season. Surely that is where our priorities should be.

Fucking boo, basically.

Next itll be Henri's Cat. Since we are on the 90s theme

Arnier has a brother called Hannes Anier who's 22 and currently without a club.

Link- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannes_Anier

According to the above Wiki link he's right footed centre forward but can also play right wing;

22 yrs, Born Tallinn

Height 5' 11 1/2"

weight 13 stone

Has played 4 times for Estonia

Was interesting Partick 2 years ago but didn't sign (or wasn't offered a contract) and went to Odense then FC ERZGEBIRGE AUe in the Bundesliga B.

All in all not as good a prospect as his big brother.

I would say the Bundesliga B is hell of a better standard than the Scottish Championship, and even the Scottish Premiership to a certain extent. Some big clubs in that league.

Seems to fit Ray's age range for the squad as well, even if he was quoted saying he maybe needs a bit more experience...