The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Based on what I saw from him at Dundee United, Skacel will be brilliant against Hibs and a fucking waste of space against everyone else.

I guarantee he'll score against us several times, because that's how these things work.

Well thats worth a contract in its own right. Id be happy if he sliced a shot on goal and it cracked Ray right in his shiny Dome!! :thumsup2

So, a squad of 22 players. Well, Locke will hace competition, right enough. I'm guessing Court and Bates will end up on loan though.

We're actually spoilt for choice, it's unbelievable, but McKinnon proved last year the necessity of a bigger squad depth in challenging for the right side of the table (assuming all our signings aren't complete diddies).

Based on what I saw from him at Dundee United, Skacel will be brilliant against Hibs and a fucking waste of space against everyone else.

I guarantee he'll score against us several times, because that's how these things work.

The new Christian Nade then.

22 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Local businessmen helping to fund new signings............what could possibly go wrong with that? :P

Suspect many clubs budgets are boosted by external funding.You should be aware of that :whistle

Edited by Rovers_Lad

29 minutes ago, mealsonwheels said:

Well thats worth a contract in its own right. Id be happy if he sliced a shot on goal and it cracked Ray right in his shiny Dome!! :thumsup2

Based on the shooting ability he displayed at Dundee United, I would say that scenario is very likely to come true

38 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Was he brilliant for us against Hibs? I can only recall him being relentlessly awful and slower than a week in jail. Mind that was almost four years ago so he may have developed since then.

1 minute ago, Pull My Strings said:

Was he brilliant for us against Hibs? I can only recall him being relentlessly awful and slower than a week in jail. Mind that was almost four years ago so he may have developed since then.

He played well in a game at Easter Road, where he had a goal disallowed wrongly. At least, I think so. Although my mind might be playing tricks on me.

2 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

He played well in a game at Easter Road, where he had a goal disallowed wrongly. At least, I think so. Although my mind might be playing tricks on me.

Yeah, I had a vague recollection of that. Just checked the United site and looks like Skacel came on for the last half hour, had a goal disallowed and also hit the bar. Only game he played against Hibs for us and the only one we lost to them that season. 

Worrying for Raith that they've blown the modest fee they received for Toshney already and still had to go cap in hand to local patrons to fund the signing of a guy who really should have retired at least four years ago. On the plus side, Locke gets to work with a Hearts legend so not all bad.

Yep.  Really worried we received a modest fee, yet still went on to sign 6 players since he left (4 of which without external investment).

Absolutely terrified I am. 

Edited by CALDERON

31 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Suspect many clubs budgets are boosted by external funding.You should be aware of that :whistle

Pure speculation. Your budget IS boosted by external funding, one of the many ways we "cheated" in the past. It caught up with us eventually. Just an observation.

2 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

"the club hopes that our supporters will also back the team in increasing numbers in the season ahead"

:o

Didnt your fans back your clube for the YEARS ahead. Oh dear the hypocracy abounds. now go ask mummy to change your nappy little boy. :whistle

Two good signings I don't know the ins and outs of the finances but it seems like a couple of local businessmen have funded them.

Does the call to back the team mean they are in financial trouble? Just because we did, or masterton did, doesn't mean they in trouble.

Lets not forget that not too long ago we were supposedly playing our last ever game at Starks.

Some good games ahead next season.