The New Raith Rovers Thread

20 hours ago, raith1974 said:

McDonald was definitely a better all round keeper. Dabrowski's strength is his shot stopping and being a character, but his kicking with or without wind is poor, his ability to control his box and come for crosses confidently is terrible and his positioning for shots across goal ain't great. Hamilton is good in the air maybe in training they should just constantly throw crosses into the box for a while and get Hamilton attacking the goal and see if Dabrowski can dominate. 

That'll be both Hamilton AND Dabrowski out injured for the Pars Game then??

Think the weekend worked out well in the end. Not sure we’ve got the mentality to be league leaders. Much better chasing. Stay a point behind United from now until May and then overtake them on the last day. Job done. 

Think the Keeper error has really taken away the focus from IM having a terrible evening. Maybe he was arrogant or over confident with his team selection or simply trying to please too many decent quality players. I personally felt he over rotated his teams during these 3games. The substitutions were a shambles on Friday and I would love to know the reasoning for the changes made during the game as tactically they were not what we needed.  On the whole its been an outstanding season and we had our fair share of luck go our way at times to help paper over the cracks and similarly I felt we were unlucky during the 3 defeats on the bounce at the start of the year, but Friday seemed different to previous poor results, every aspect of our weaknesses were highlighted (Not taken enough of our chances when on top to get a 3rd goal to kill the game, not being able to defend a lead and rash multiple changes of throwing players on for the sake of it without an obvious clear plan or structure)  Really need Morton to help us out on Tues to allow us to really promote the derby on Saturday and boost enthusiasm. Looking at the results recently you'd think nobody wants to win this league, it may be a long time until we get a better chance so lets make Utd win it rather than handing it to them if we cant win it ourselves. Please can someone tell IM to stop this chat of mathematically possible for guaranteed top 4. I don't mind not winning the League - but can we just not throw it away, Pick a strong 11, identify a few likely changes/replacements and let them play - we don't need to make 5subs every game and if some players are unhappy so be it, its up to them to take their chance when they get it. 

If it wasn't for the importance of the run in I'd love to see us play 4-3-3 with Rudden/Hamilton/Vaughan as the 3 and Byrne/Stanton/Mathews (assuming brown is CH) but there is a time to experiment and its not now but at 2-2 away to Arbroath it probably would have made more sense than the changes he made.  

On 03/03/2024 at 00:58, TxRover said:

Let’s see…you suggest there might have been gusts in the post below, which would certainly change the trajectory of the ball. I get that you’re hell bent upon trashing Big Kev, which is absolutely your right. But you’re making yourself look like a whacko here…or Stardog_Champion’s alt account.

Never take any pleasure criticising any Rovers player and certainly not he'll bent on trashing anyone

Their is a clear and noticeable difference between a sliced kick and one that is blown by wind.

I've not even really criticised him for the mistake he made which cost us a goal. Its his kicking that seriously annoys me. 

Maybe I am a bit of a whacko but Stardog champions alternative account? That's too far.

You could argue that Murray was actually justified with his starting line up, because we were 2-0 up and cruising. However game management from Murray coupled with the players just shitting themselves resulted in defeat. But overall results over the weekend weren’t season defining and we’ve got 10 games left to go for it.

If we’re still only a maximum of 3 points behind United say before we go to Tannadice then I’d be happy with that. Anything closer to them will be a bonus. 

2 hours ago, RR #1 said:

Never take any pleasure criticising any Rovers player and certainly not he'll bent on trashing anyone

Their is a clear and noticeable difference between a sliced kick and one that is blown by wind.

I've not even really criticised him for the mistake he made which cost us a goal. Its his kicking that seriously annoys me. 

Maybe I am a bit of a whacko but Stardog champions alternative account? That's too far.

IDK, you were foaming at the mouth a bit there…take it from a fellow whacko.

23 hours ago, Stardog_champion said:

Sorry I insulted you on Friday. But I absolutely agree with your statement 

LOL, forget about it, I had. 😃

Saturdays team selection will be interesting, wonder what the story is on the injury front. 

no matter what the selection is, let’s get behind the laddies, especially if we have any of the younger ones playing. Let’s not put pressure on them, support them from kick off and let’s get back to winning ways! COYR

edited to say Saturday 🤦🏽‍♂️ I’m away with myself 

Edited by mrraith71

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

That's some absolutely classic RRFC content right there. 

Injury updates like this should be copyrighted to the Rovers. 

Or

This isn't just ANY injury update. 

This is a Raith Rovers injury update.

Aye, considering all the rumours since Ashcroft hobbled off, I wasn’t expecting anything more positive than that, unfortunately. 

For that to be followed up with Watson going off injured on Friday is just rank bad luck though. 

We definitely haven’t been hindered as bad as some others in terms of injuries this season, but to have two players in the same position at the same time is definitely something we could have done without. 

We’re considerably better with Watson in there, so ideally he is fit for the weekend, but feels like he’s held together by sellotape and prayer, which is far from ideal.